How much do you guys sell beats for?

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
im wit u on that pg i feel as they gotta pay for covers flyers cases and all that for promotion and those people get their money regardless or no deal so y cant i u gotta pay for the music as well wit out a beat you've only got 50% of the circle i dont care if im a nobody or not if its hot its hot alot of people who are serious at their craft kno they have to invest and some times take the loss as do producers if i feel someone is worth it ill dumb down the price a lil bit but its if we both have somethin to gain this industry is shady jus cuz u help someone out in the beginning does not mean they have to come back and bring u along wit em so i'm on my jerry maguire game-"show me the money!"

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
^^^
Price should depend on the artist and there budget, 1000 is alot of doe for sum ppl especially when they got to pay for acctually produceing the cd, yea those other party involved automatically get the doe but who is gonna pay 13000 for 13 beats on a 13 cut lp thats like a demo on sum other, feel me, Howeva if im selling to some one wit a labe connected to them then the pricing changes, regardless i wont sell a beat to a wack artist, un less is too much money for me to turn down like 5g+ thats me though

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
i see wat you're sayin i understand bein broke and wantin to do somethin wit that much passion if someone wanted me to do their whole album i for sure wouldnt keep it there at 1000 i would bring it down always gotta bring down the price for bulk buys lol but i would like to get paid like everyone else i get that mentality from dj'n parties everybody else get paid the promoter the security the place where the event was thrown shit even the people workin the bar then it gets down to me and my people then its "i only got such and such" which turns to be a 100 such and such's less than wat i was supposed to get so that cut my nice guy ritual out so i brought in them contracts and treated it like a business instead of a friendship and vowed to get what i felt my work was worth

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
You have to sell beats to people you KNOW they will make it. Dont sell your stuff for that much to wack peeps. If its a Godly project, i woudnt charge at all. Whatever, it depends, like i said, take it or leave it. Why should i sell my wack stuff for 50$ ? LOL whats up with that?! Dont sell yourself...
even if you need that money... feel me?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
someone who's sellin units might pay you a grand for a beat, but i'm sayin mc get busy whose tryin ta feed his kids ain't. he's probably the dopest kid in the game nobodies heard of but nobody will ever notice him cuz he can't put up a G for one track. so then ya'll goin go out on a limb and hook him up with some shit or you gon tell him fuck off no money no beat. speaking of an m.c my last album sold 5,000 copies in ny in 2000 and we made alittle dough and created a buzz but i could never afford to pay 1000 for a beat? that kid- hi haters

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
one more thing yall ask for a G a beat no less and ya'll have soundclick webpages. have ya'll sold beats for a G before if not maybe you should lower the price that's probably why nobody buys your beats. can somebody honestly tell me they sold a beat for 1000 dollars? anyone on this site? well maybe i'm just not understanding this buisness of beatmakin cuz i,m new to it.....don't know- tk

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
i think my beats is worth no less than $1000,

but i lease 'em out for $50+ and sell 'em for $200+

business is slow already. so if started sayin' some $1000 shit then i'd really be broke.

im tired of tryin' to sell beats to niggas cuz everybody is broke.

ima just get somebody ill to rap on all my shit n' watch all the people blow up my phone.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
that kid said:
are you people serious at least a 1000 for a beat! who's gonna pay that- have yall ever sold a beat for that much tell me who bought that. i don't know where ya'll produce or what connects you got but in the real hood not the rap hood unsigned m.c's don't pay a 1000 for a beat i could see maybe 100 tops and what makes you so special to sell a beat for a grand you don't have any credentals just like an unsigned m.c your both tryin to get some and build a resume........... i could see if i asked dr dre for a beat it cost me some doe but look at his resume with a dre beat your chances of #1 song is greater than if some up and comming producer did it.............

bottom line show me your credentals and i'll show you the money- that kid this is why i started learnin to make my own beats....................most of the people tryin to get a 1000 for a beat are nobodies just like me......(not everyone though)

Dude, I talked with homeboy of mine yesterday who produces for and is connected to a very famous and (nameless) producer...Long story short...this one also VERY FAMOUS producer would buy a track for $10Gs if your junk is hot enough and if it's for a hot artist!...but if you have a great track record for making HITS (platnum) you can demand $50s or higher!

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
that kid said:
one more thing yall ask for a G a beat no less and ya'll have soundclick webpages. have ya'll sold beats for a G before if not maybe you should lower the price that's probably why nobody buys your beats. can somebody honestly tell me they sold a beat for 1000 dollars? anyone on this site? well maybe i'm just not understanding this buisness of beatmakin cuz i,m new to it.....don't know- tk

i think of it like this...
Me? This is my lively hood, I've got a wife, kids and bills...so I put my soul into EVERY beat I make! While I am doing that, I'm also using electricity, I'm spending precious time away from my family to work with other artists. Everyone on this site has some kind of bills they have to pay...plus, we ALL gotta eat. Then, you gotta think about this...how good do you believe you are as a producer? Then ask yourself this...do you like what you do? If your answer is yes then you shouldn't ask for more than 50-100 bucks a beat. It takes PASSION to do this junk! Cat's like Just Blaze, Neptunes have PASSION and purpose. This ain't a hobby to them. Me? heck yeah I'm gonna ask $1000-2000 for a track!!! I've been making beats for 16 years! Plus, I believe I am that good plus I am versitle with my music. Some people might not think so and thats cool but in the end PASSION PAYS. Producer Gyal will get that $1000 or more from serious artists for 3 reasons

1. Her music is HOT!!!! Period!
2. She has a passion for her music
3. She is gifted and is purposed to do what she does

There are others on here who have those 3 qualities. Not everybody does.

If you have passion for whatever you do, you will do EVERYTHING it takes to be the best, and nobody can do things on your level...your skills, knowledge and experience will command $$$ and not only that, flaky artists an not gonna want to fool with you because they can't afford something they are not serious with. I only work with serious artists who are passionate about their craft. I don't track anything for people who aren't. And if you are PASSIONATE about what you do then you won't either.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Beatz 101 said:
i think my beats is worth no less than $1000,

but i lease 'em out for $50+ and sell 'em for $200+

business is slow already. so if started sayin' some $1000 shit then i'd really be broke.

im tired of tryin' to sell beats to niggas cuz everybody is broke.

ima just get somebody ill to rap on all my shit n' watch all the people blow up my phone.

Word up cat!!! get that $$$!

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i'll sell beats for $100... not because my shit is subpar but because i can bang out a 'normal' hip hop beat in less than an hour and i am unemployed..... shit is logical i aint really overly precious with my beats.... i would tho if the artist was good make sure i got credited and work out some royalties situation

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I agree with X TOTALLY

I mean alot of cats just bang out tracks without thinking about it and thats fine. BUt i put my heart and soul into every track i make. I usually spend about 5 hours on each beat i make(give or take and hour or 2)

Im sorry man but i make good money already so why im I gonna sell myself for chump change. Now with that being said if I meet the right MC and get the right vibe going, i may give a track away for free. But thats only in specific circumstances...

class..

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
that kid said:
someone who's sellin units might pay you a grand for a beat, but i'm sayin mc get busy whose tryin ta feed his kids ain't. he's probably the dopest kid in the game nobodies heard of but nobody will ever notice him cuz he can't put up a G for one track. so then ya'll goin go out on a limb and hook him up with some shit or you gon tell him fuck off no money no beat. speaking of an m.c my last album sold 5,000 copies in ny in 2000 and we made alittle dough and created a buzz but i could never afford to pay 1000 for a beat? that kid- hi haters

Well If a Nobody Mc Can show me some Sound Scan Numbers (Proving he can Push units)
then thats Diff. i'd Consider giving him a Break and Simply Collect a % off the album sales since he dont have the upfront cash but i mean a Local Guy doing it himself pushing as u did 5,000 units should have the money to pay

5,000 X 10.00. and if he's trying to Feed his Kids im sure his Music aint his only Source of Income So yea he should have wel over enough 1/2 of what he Made Should be Reinvested.. Back into his Music.. I mean His or Her Shows Should be covering the rent, Bills and Food Or atleast half of it

No i dont have a Sound Click and yes i've sold tracks for $1,000 and up

yea man its a Bizz Aint no way im a sell a track for $100.00 or $300.00 to someone thats has a 5,000 Fanbase or More when i know there gonna Make 50,000 + I'd be sellin myself short

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
classic said:
I agree with X TOTALLY

I mean alot of cats just bang out tracks without thinking about it and thats fine. BUt i put my heart and soul into every track i make. I usually spend about 5 hours on each beat i make(give or take and hour or 2)

Im sorry man but i make good money already so why im I gonna sell myself for chump change. Now with that being said if I meet the right MC and get the right vibe going, i may give a track away for free. But thats only in specific circumstances...

class..

PREACH......

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
DJ X-sinna said:
i think of it like this...
Me? This is my lively hood, I've got a wife, kids and bills...so I put my soul into EVERY beat I make! While I am doing that, I'm also using electricity, I'm spending precious time away from my family to work with other artists. Everyone on this site has some kind of bills they have to pay...plus, we ALL gotta eat. Then, you gotta think about this...how good do you believe you are as a producer? Then ask yourself this...do you like what you? If your answer is yes then you shouldn't ask for more than 50-100 bucks a beat. It takes PASSION to do this junk! Cat's like Just Blaze, Neptunes have PASSION and purpose. This ain't a hobby to them. Me? heck yeah I'm gonna ask $1000-2000 for a track!!! I've been making beats for 16 years! Plus, I believe I am that good plus I am versitle with my music. Some people might not think so and thats cool but in the end PASSION PAYS. Producer Gyal will get that $1000 from serious artists for 3 reasons

1. Her music is HOT!!!! Period!
2. She has a passion for her music
3. She is gifted and is purposed to do what she does

There are others on here who have those 3 qualities. Not everybody does.

If you have passion for whatever you do, you will do EVERYTHING it takes to be the best, and nobody can do things on your level...your skills, knowledge and experience will command $$$ and not only that, flaky artists an not gonna want to fool with you because they can't afford something they are not serious with. I only work with serious artists who are passionate about their craft. I don't track anything for people who aren't. And if you are PASSIONATE about what you do then you won't either.

PREACH......my nigga....i feel you 1000%....

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
i understand that if someone is pushing serious units a 1000 dollars for a beat should be the minimium you wouldn't sell a beat for 50 dollars 2 jay-z and watch him get rich off your hardwork. i'm saying you goin charge the next jay-z who don't push units a thousand plus for a beat when he's just rappin out of passion puttin his heart and soul into a track and tryin to pay bills too.
fuck him right....

ya'll act like if you can't push numbers you ain't working wid somebody. the people you sell your beats too are tryin to do the same thing you are get money. so sell a beat to jay-z 10grand i can see that, sell a beat to sage francis for over a G i can also see that, so you wouldn't sell a beat for 100 dollars to mc get busy because you fear he might get rich off it and you wouldn't make that much doe as he is and i think that's greed.

i ain't payin ya'll 1000 for a beat cuz i can't afford it so ya'll wouldn't work with me then....

everyone so far as good points and i like this thread-that kid

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Well doggies, i dont have time to worry about the next man and what he, she, they do......you just gotta do what you do......I been making lots of extra dollars off beats dogg(Since b4 joining illMUZik LOL....and ate plenty meals off them too....there is no do it like this or do it like, I will put money on it most of the people giving advice NEVER sold 1 beat dawg or they sold a couple...I sold hundreds of beat maybe thousands, that's just the truth......if they have not or are not selling beats what good is the advice???????I don sold beats from 25 dollars to a G...(I used to own buybeats. c o m and beatbroker. com .I sold the sites almost 3 years ago)..the internet is ok but it aint how I sell my beats...word of mouth is my way...finding projects and small labels that have a small budget...sometimes I put them on payment plans....or give them a couple more beats than they pay for and then they hit me with dough the next time I see em (sometimes)...I got more than a few joints too.....plus an MC is NOT....repeat not going to buy a beat that they cannot flow over...without a hook and structure, or a feel too it....no matter how sweet it sound or how you try to convince them your beat is the dopest one...they might skip to another one you dont even expect....its a different ear a lot of times for an MC....there is a lot more to making beats(producing or whatever label you like) than meets the eye, it might sound sweet but if a nigga have problems finding the rhythm or the beat is stiff with NO soul......scratch it..... if you aiming for an MC....Do what you do man dont listen to the folkz on the sidelines that just spitting something they learned here, or heard........oh another thing is NEVER sum up whether someone has the cake to buy your beat or not....that on them.........if you wanna go for 1000 or whatever Stick by your guns you don't know how much a person is willing to spend......

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
.plus an MC is NOT....repeat not going to buy a beat that they cannot flow over...without a hook and structure, or a feel too it....no matter how sweet it sound or how you try to convince them your beat is the dopest one...they might skip to another one you dont even expect....its a different ear a lot of times for an MC....there is a lot more to making beat than meats the eye, it might sound sweet but if nigga have problems finding the rhythm or the beat is stiff with NO soul......scratch it..... if you aiming for an MC....Do what you do man dont listen to the folkz on the sidelines that just spitting something they learned here, or heard........oh another thing is NEVER sum up whether someone has the cake to buy your beat or not....that on them.........if you wanna go for 1000 or whatever Stick by your guns you don't know how much a person is willing to spend......

^ Thats true

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
it goes back to the take it or leave it principle jus because they cant afford what im offering doesnt mean that they are gonna quit doin what the're doin like "aww man that beat cost too much im quittin rap" they will find someone else to get them what they need for a better price just like i will find someone else their career wont stop because of one unbought beat and neither will mine