how much do you sell your beats?

S

Skaet

I don`t sell my beats.
When a artist wont to have beats i give him some stuff for free.
Peace Skät

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i've sold a few beats got good money for them too(bout 400 each)but they were not copywritten so i basically relinqueshed all rights to the purchaser,come up with a few prices a cheap one for people who want to use your beat for demos or to flow on,but not for resale,then have a substantially higher price for an exclusive beat,one that they can use for resale(as a finished product with lyrics not as just a beat)get everything legal use contracts,as for how to sell,there is nothing you can say to people to convince them,the only way they are going to pay money is if they're serious,if they're not willing to pay a little extra for quality,then they're not hungry enuff,tell them come back when they're serious after they blow there money on some whack beat they got free with studio time,untill then stop wasting your time,ask them if thy would sell their rhymes for 20 dollars

changalang

i make beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
Originally posted by highlite80
the only way they are going to pay money is if they're serious,if they're not willing to pay a little extra for quality,then they're not hungry enuff,tell them come back when they're serious after they blow there money on some whack beat they got free with studio time,untill then stop wasting your time,ask them if thy would sell their rhymes for 20 dollars

good idea, thanks for the info. id liek to do all the legal copywrite shit but im only 15 and i dun got time or the knowledge (or money) to do this (i think), but im just doign what i can rite now

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
check out my thread in this forum labeled help i just learned how to copywrite myself with the help of some of these ill muzik guys theres a few links in there

C

Captain_Rid

I must be an ameteur compared to you cats selling your beats and shit
Who buys them? How do they hear about your beats?
How do you sell them do you just put that shit in its greatest quility and burn it.
And how does copyright work?

D

drew_petti

prices

depends on the budget, and if I believe in the artist. I've sold tracks from $300 to $2000.

At the same time, I've been making beats since I was 15, and I'm 30, I have a developed ear, and about $30000 ijn equipment. I've also read a gang of books on engineering and mastering. For all of you wanting to make money quick, I didnt start getting paid off this shit until I was 26. Perfect your art, then worry about selling it.

the natural course of time forces you to get better if you stick with it. It doesnt happen overnight. Good Luck, and stick with it!!!!!

K

Kourto

i never sell a beat cause im only a noob on instrumental, but for go on a stage ived buy a beat and i paied 30$

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by changalang
im trying to perfect my skill even more but i want money now lol

Prefecting your skill is moe important right now...Besides you're young....Good things come to those who wait

Lo-Key

ill o.g.
I've been selling them for $100 a beat. Thats what I was offered so I just continue with that. Keep workin Changalang... I started at 14 and am 23 now. You'll see resuilts.

K

Kourto

"yea i guess ur rite but imagine wut a 15 year old can do with $500??? hahah"
hhahahhahha

yeah with the time a noob like me can change to a new good producter :), huhhh i hope :p lol

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
*The way I have it worked out with artists that I work with is simple. I make a certain amount off of each album sold. (I actually benefit way more from doing this.) We sell most cds we make for $7, and the last cd we pushed sold around 700 copies. I made a $2.50 off of every copy sold... you do the math. (LoL, and I wasted almost every dollar I made this past cd just chillen.) Don't get it twisted though: the artists I produce for are my boys, plus I co-own the label we started. I'm saying this cause some of you might be thinking, "why would the producer be making that much off the album sales." That's why, we're a tight group and that's just how we get down. I've been producing for em since I was like 13, when I first started making beats.

members online