beats for free

i never sell beats, i just give them away for free but thats just me

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Originally posted by Beatz 101
All i ask is $100 a beat and niggas is cryin about they broke.:rolleyes:

If they're serious, they'll pay that amount. If they say they're broke, fuck 'em, they're probably just playing around.

DJ Combz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
You just got to make a name for your self before you can start selling your beats for a good price, me myself I have been doing this since I was 16 now I am 24 and just finally starting to get buyers for my beats at the price I want, You know they can come to me and get some bangin beats and a rep that can back the beat or go the the kid down the block for all I care, cuz someone is going to snap it up if they dont, I used to charge like 100 but now I start at 700, you know the cats that are really doing there thing will pay a good price to have a nice sounding album not one of those half ass kids that think eveery thing sound be given to them hell they got to put in work just like every body else, nothing in this world is free, I didnt buy 60 g's of equipment to give my stuff out for free you know what I mean, what you pay for is what you get

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Fade
If they're serious, they'll pay that amount. If they say they're broke, fuck 'em, they're probably just playing around.

You figure: 13-17 tracks on an album, and you're charging a $100 a beat. (Not you, but this was your response to someone else who said they were.) 15 tracks would be $1,500 to the producer... I think some kids WOULD cry that they don't have that kind of money.

C

Copenhagen

We both spend our money and hour after hour making beats...that's how serious most of us are, right? So, if some rapper or singer wants some nice beats they got to work for it too. If they can't afford buying your beats then they don't want a 'career' bad enough...at least that's how I see it.

C

Cosmonaut

I tend to sell them for between 300 and 500. Just kinda depends If they are real serious and show me they are putting out a ep or getting on a compilation I'll do them up for a little cheaper. Basically they are doing you a favor also if they are actually putting out a Ep, Single, doing a track on a Compilation or whatever. Look at it this way the best advertising is word of mouth I don't know how many times I've heard just the absolute wackest mc over a dope a$$ beat. Then your like damn let me see who produced it. Of course on the other hand if I think they are just gonna buy it and sit on it I charge more for them since it probally won't be heard. Only my personal oppinion.

changalang

i make beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
yea i gotta try to get my beats out somehow (soundclick is the best i can do) but rite now im selling them to the "kid up the block" and he cant afford $100 a beat. i wanted to apply for the illmuzik cd thing but thats also expensive ($90 for 8 cds??) and i cant sell it to record stores or watever. i guess i cud jes wait and perfect my skill but liek i said before, imagien wat i can do wit $500 :p

M

M.Rell

i only sell a beat if its for someone outside my foundation. if they are with me theen its free. i charge ased on the person. if they are really good and can sound good on my trax then i tend to give them a lower price. i kinda use procing as a way to scout out new rappers or singers.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
50 bucks.. and if they wanna record the lyrics, its 20 an hour for my time.

NL

M

MILEHIGHHITMAN

Anyone doing quality production should be getting $400 -$3000(per track), I usually offer clients whole album deals from production to recording/mixing and mastering, this could range from $5000 - $15000.

If your just starting out you got to do what you got to do to get a name, just keep bangin them beats out, even if you hustle and slang beats for a couple hundred each, in a year that will add up.

MAKE SURE YOU SET UP A PUBLISHING COMPANY THROUGH ASCAP OR BMI
so that if you don't get what you want in the front end you can make some money on the back if the song happens to move some units!!

If you got 50% publishing on 1 song that goes platinum thats $40,000
thats if you work the deal right. By the way Dre and Timbaland start at $100,000 per beat!

Hope this info was helpfull

One

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
where can i find contact info for this bmi?

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
yah word, big ups to prodcucers hustling beats! i slang mine for like 50bux, and then ill record them fools for 10 bux an hour....gotta eat

S

SmartAlec

You get what you pay for......... sick production will run some ends but if you dont really care for the beat or it isnt really that hot, get what you can for it no doubt

Waynyce

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I just recently started selling beats. What I've done was have them come in and tell me how they want there music to go or just have them sing the hook and I work from there in about 2-3 hours I can have a whole song with intro verse chorus bridge. I started at $100 each doing reggae tracks.

members online