how much do you sell your beats?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Imma tell you like this....it depends on who you sell it to, street level 50-500....a label whether Indie or Major 1000-2500 easily...you must market and know where to look just like looking for a job you have to sell yourself and your product.....I give away tracks also.... another thing is always multitrack your beats you never know who might give you big bucks even tracks that someone else thinks might not be up to par can sometimes get sold they might just want to work with your beat if you transfer the copyright hell I would sell a bassline or pattern too labels use that stuff too they're like a chop shop......know your bidness

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
get a lawyer my team pushes my shit for 15,000 to 25,000 to a major artist...
an indie... 1,000 to 2,500
and if your amazing i'll sign ya..

if not hold your tracks... look at grinding i heard that song was years old... still a banger...

hold your tracks 4 the right people .. it will payoff in the end.. ONE.......

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by changalang
i got an e-mail from some guy at my soundclick page saying he wants to buy my beats and i told him $50-100 and he said thats a good price, if i can get 100 to me id be rich :p

Don't rush into things....Do your homework .......Give it some more time you can get way more than that

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
M.Rell said:
i only sell a beat if its for someone outside my foundation. if they are with me theen its free. i charge ased on the person. if they are really good and can sound good on my trax then i tend to give them a lower price. i kinda use procing as a way to scout out new rappers or singers.

That's it right there..

I only sell beats to cats who I think arent on my level.. if they're really ill, Ill hook em up for free because first things first, it's about making good music...

if they arent toooo dope, I slang em for 50-100$ ... but I've sold a grip of beats so the money is whatevs

stormelements

Beats That Knock
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
Imma tell you like this....it depends on who you sell it to, street level 50-500....a label whether Indie or Major 1000-2500 easily...you must market and know where to look just like looking for a job you have to sell yourself and your product.....I give away tracks also.... another thing is always multitrack your beats you never know who might give you big bucks even tracks that someone else thinks might not be up to par can sometimes get sold they might just want to work with your beat if you transfer the copyright hell I would sell a bassline or pattern too labels use that stuff too they're like a chop shop......know your bidness

Exactly, it how u market yourself.

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You get what you pay for is right for the most part. The production community needs to agree to not sell a beat for less than, lets say $500, and that may be too, but just an example. Emcees do need us more because they are a dime a dozen. And with the advent of technology even producers are becoming a dime a dozen.

Bottom line? Wack emcess pay $20 for a beat. Wack thinking producers sell beats for $20.

A

Azzyre

MadScientist said:
$500 a Beat. No less. Rappers need me more than I need Them. Plus you get what you pay for.

im sorry but this really sound like bullshit...
i heard ya beats i know german cats 15 years old that can make a real beat not that fruity type a trivial snika shitfuck im sorry but thats trash...