• Beat This! Competition

Howard Blake - "Night Tapestry"

Rezzy

@Klypse - i got this dark funhouse type vibe from this beat, nice drums
@wizard - bass line lows barely registering through my krk's but i can hear them lol, nice use of KRS as the hook

let me know if my bass line is too high, sounds different in my headphones versus my krk's

wizard

ILLIEN
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 134
@wizard - bass line lows barely registering through my krk's but i can hear them lol, nice use of KRS as the hook

let me know if my bass line is too high, sounds different in my headphones versus my krk's

@Rezzy i have HS 7's base line dumps here!! but ill go check the frequency i like to push it and side chain it with the kick
its sitting at 256hrz in the spectrum!

wizard

ILLIEN
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 134

@Rezzy what kind of headphones you use bruh? I stop mixing in headphone! I mix with the HS7's and a sub with them, very accurate!
you can get a decent mix with headphones, but get a good mono or stereo mix with monitors and sub and treated room goes a long way!! specially a treated room, I never realized the difference until i got a sub and base traps and treated room! Headphones are great at time but their db ratio isn't the same as good monitors

yeah i had to drop a krsone on it or something it was empty lol appreciate the input. keep it coming as I'm a little rusty.
nice flip from everyone! Keep up the amazing work and have a good weekend!

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
Thx for the feedback yall..

@wizard I love that old school vibe from it. KRS ONE fits it wonderful. It will be a good into or interlude track
@Rezzy I dig the drums and flip but the bass is too loud, just turn it down a notch and you golden.

Rezzy

@wizard i use sony headphones, dont know the model # right off hand.. but the thing is- the bass line is loud in the headphones but perfect coming through my krk's LOL i guess i need to use the headphones more often if thats the case! My setup is in the loft area of my house so i dont have the benefit of soundproofing or having a treated room. thanks for the feedback yall

Members online

Who Has the Best Beat?
Beat #2
2 votes
Beat #3
1 votes
Beat #1
0 votes

ill resources