I know we got mma fighters in here

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Wrong!

The early UFC's had NO RULES. If the eye gouges and throat pokes were so effective, how come they never worked? The purpose of the early UFC's were to put This martial art against that martial art and see who prevails.

The animal styles are not illegal. They just aren't going to work in MMA, PERIOD! Kung Fu in animal form would not last in MMA. Sanshou however, the more ring fighting style is more effective (ie. Cung Le). But, any one martial art by itself will not be enough to succeed in MMA. You have to cross train to be good and effective.

Im not going to be able to just grab your arm punch a pressure point and knock you out. When they train for these moves the guy on the receiving end doesn't apply resistance (which would happen for real). If you grab my arm, im not just going to stand there and let you do what you want. You see what I mean? Their are a lot of traditional martial arts that train like this. That is why you don't see them in combat sports today.

How much more real does it get then putting one opponent against another and telling him to KO or submit the other guy? How many times have you heard of a Kung Fu guy actually killing another man with his bare hands?

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
How many times have you heard of a Kung Fu guy actually killing another man with his bare hands?

That's the point, they dont. Kung-Fu is not learned for fighting others as a Sport or killing carelessly. Its learned for self discipline, self defense and personal enlightenment. Its seriously a way of life more then being considered a martial art.

No offense to everything else you said, but you cant just say that someone who knows Kung-Fu doesnt know how to kill a man with his bare hands, they can, but wont do it unless provoked to do it based on a life or death situation.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
That may be true. And I know what you mean about kung fu being a way of life. Bruce Lee talked about that. Im not saying i know it all here. But, putting Kung Fu in the octagon would not be a good choice. That's basically what i'm trying to get at.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Wrong!

The early UFC's had NO RULES. If the eye gouges and throat pokes were so effective, how come they never worked? The purpose of the early UFC's were to put This martial art against that martial art and see who prevails.

The animal styles are not illegal. They just aren't going to work in MMA, PERIOD! Kung Fu in animal form would not last in MMA. Sanshou however, the more ring fighting style is more effective (ie. Cung Le). But, any one martial art by itself will not be enough to succeed in MMA. You have to cross train to be good and effective.

Im not going to be able to just grab your arm punch a pressure point and knock you out. When they train for these moves the guy on the receiving end doesn't apply resistance (which would happen for real). If you grab my arm, im not just going to stand there and let you do what you want. You see what I mean? Their are a lot of traditional martial arts that train like this. That is why you don't see them in combat sports today.

How much more real does it get then putting one opponent against another and telling him to KO or submit the other guy? How many times have you heard of a Kung Fu guy actually killing another man with his bare hands?

wtf are u talkin about there wuz never eye gouging or fishhookinh allowed
Rules:
No head-butting, eye gouging, hair pulling, biting or fish hooking (pulling at the cheek with a finger).
No attacking the groin
No strikes to the back of the head, spinal area and kidneys.
No strikes to, or grabs of the trachea
No small joint manipulation (control of four or more fingers/toes is necessary).
No intentionally throwing your opponent out of the ring.
No running out of the ring.
No purposely holding the ring ropes or octagon fence.

those are overall fouls in mma..and that alone eliminates so much of kung fu moves u can use..and u act like u have time to think when ur gettin ur joints snapped or pressure points strikes..there trained to strike wit those so fast u dont have control over what happens to u unless u were trained to defend it cuz each style has its own way to strike and defend....

http://blog.stats.com/2006/02/rules_of_mma.html

read it for urself ...ur giving to much credit to mma fighters just like ppl sayin T.I are just as hip hop as krs one..
plus why wud u hear about a kung fu fighter killin a dude wit his barehands anyway i??

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Dude, I said the EARLY UFC's! Not now! READ READ READ!

Even then they were getting FUCKIN OWNED!!!!!

There was no eye gouging though or kicks to the groin, my bad. But those rules you pulled up are the newer rules they mandated to make the sport LEGAL. I could go on and on about this. My beliefs are my beliefs and yours are yours. Talk to any MMA fighter about Kung Fu being the most deadly art around and watch them laugh at you.... Shit has evolved. When you put the most dominate martial arts together you get one complete system that is very dangerous.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
eye gouging wuz never allowed in mma period..if it wuz done then it wuz not allowed like boxers hittin the groin in a fight ppl wud sneak em in...u have no idea what ur talkin about thinkin MMA is the most deadly..learn about kung fu or any art like silat where it covers both aspects mma do and u can respond wit ur nonsense all u want but ur just a mma viewer like them dudes who play madden and swear they can call plays in the nfl

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Nah, Ive actually fought homie! Not MMA but Muay Thai.. So u can say what you want... YOU are just an MMA viewer. And if you realy do research about MMA. When it all began down in Brasil. There was NO rules! NONE! But for real, I do not agree with Kung Fu being the most deadly martial art. I would put Kali way ahead of it if you want to tallk about deadly shit. MMA is a ring sport. But, if you want to beleive all that final fantasy flying death punch shit, be my guest. lol..

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Nah, Ive actually fought homie! Not MMA but Muay Thai.. So u can say what you want... YOU are just an MMA viewer. And if you realy do research about MMA. When it all began down in Brasil. There was NO rules! NONE! But for real, I do not agree with Kung Fu being the most deadly martial art. I would put Kali way ahead of it if you want to tallk about deadly shit. MMA is a ring sport. But, if you want to beleive all that final fantasy flying death punch shit, be my guest. lol..

First of all, there's no need to be so disrespectful of something you obviously know nothing about.

Kali/Escrima is indeed a deadly practical art, no doubt. One of the worlds foremost practitioners, Roland Dantes, is an acquaintance of mine and he has nothing but respect for Chinese martial arts and he is one of the toughest mafuccas I've ever seen with years of real life experience, (and the scars to prove it). Muay Thai is a ring sport and always has been.

Kung Fu has thousands of years of real life application. You say you've never heard of anyone being killed by a Kung Fu practitioner then you are mighty ignorant my man. Throughout Chinese history, for starters, thousands of people have been killed by kung fu practitioners in warfare. China wasn't a particularly peaceful place to be.

Yes, as Fury said, kung fu has its deeper aspects that arts like Kali and BJJ don't have; and yes there are some pretty outlandish movies out there, (movies aren't supposed to represent reality BTW), but even the Shaolin monks developed that shit to defend themselves against government troops, (who were also kung fu practitioners).

Oh yeah, who told you they don't train for resistance? That's complete bullshit. Even the most common watered down form of kung fu "Wing Chun" trains for resistance. Ever heard of Lap Sao? I'd love to see some of your big mouth MMA wankers come here and pick a fight with the wrong guy; that would truly be comic.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Nah, I don't pick fights I'm not like that, at all. Im actually very humble. I don't mean to disrespect Kung Fu. The main point I was trying to make is that in MMA, to me, It is just not suitable. I don't mean to disrespect another martial art and I guess I have. I APOLOGIZE. They are just built for different uses. And it's never the art alone but rather the practitioner!

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
What you just said is spot on, it comes down to the practitioner every time.

Yeah they are built for different uses indeed. I also mean no disrespect to any martial art, they have evolved since 16th century China; I'm aware of that.

Good discussion, Peace.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
yo example one i dont mean to pick a fight wit u my brotha where ill family..ur right to have an opinion but as long as u see the truth about what ur goin against..im not gonna lie and and say mma isnt effective cuz i take mma after my jeet kune do class and it is good..and i watch mma but as i study it i see alot of weaknesses that kung fu can take advantage of..i say we set up at fades house and everybody bring ur styles and well duke it out and the last one standing gets an mpc ...and yo sincock im learned lap sao and is extremely effective..ive been practicing my pak sao (slap parry) to a to a lop sao da (grab hand hit )..its very effective but tough to master i guess i gotta lot of work to do....do u practice the art??

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
yo example one i dont mean to pick a fight wit u my brotha where ill family..ur right to have an opinion but as long as u see the truth about what ur goin against..im not gonna lie and and say mma isnt effective cuz i take mma after my jeet kune do class and it is good..and i watch mma but as i study it i see alot of weaknesses that kung fu can take advantage of..i say we set up at fades house and everybody bring ur styles and well duke it out and the last one standing gets an mpc ...and yo sincock im learned lap sao and is extremely effective..ive been practicing my pak sao (slap parry) to a to a lop sao da (grab hand hit )..its very effective but tough to master i guess i gotta lot of work to do....do u practice the art??

Yeah, I wasn't looking to pick a fight either, it's all good.

Mate I used to train 4-5 times a week and practice Qi Gong every morning. Since I had a falling out with my Sifu I haven't really had the time, (family, work and music don't leave me with much spare time). So I've gotten unfit and overweight which I've gotta do something about. There's some good opportunities here for free training but you have to be there every day for like two hours or more. A mate of mine is learning BaGua for free, he goes every day or at least 5 days after work. If I can find the time I'd love to do it, even just a little bit.

Yeah that shit takes a lot of practice but is really effective when mastered.

Every style has their advantages and disadvantages, that's what makes UFC and MMA so fascinating to watch.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Get back on topic - this thread is about dropping weight for MMA, not MMA rules and kungfu kicks.

Here's the main question:

"what type of diet modifications did yall do to drop yall weight to get ready for a fight."