I started house music...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
One of my boys is a house dancer and I took some of his classes... thing is. I was listening to the music and this shit is banging. Some of those beats are off the charts.

So I was thinking... Being a Hiphop beatmaker/producer, you actually need to have someone to spit on your beats, you need to advertise yourself a WHOLE lot and, frankly, it's f***ing hard making it...

So I started doing some House music... wonder were this will lead me.

So my question is: Is any of y'all listen to house music and is any of you are actually making house beats (or anything in the electronica genre?)

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
I once made a song called "House music is shit", a parody tune with stephen hawking style voices and typical housey synth/drums..

that's about as far as i'll go to making that stuff ;p

but um, if that's wot frame of mind ur in then go for it, why not right.. traitor ;p

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
When Buku was still producing he used to fuck with house. Shit sounded official too.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I make it np.. The base house beat is almost always the same..
House is basically disco but flipped, with synths and stuff instead of orchestras.

You can do easy hip hop beats as you can do easy house beats... and there are a bunch of house music styles...

Acid house - Click house - Deep house - Disco house - Funky house - Microhouse - Progressive house - Electro house - Dream house - Hard house - Minimal house - Pumpin' house - Tribal house...

I use rhodes, samples, TB-303 clones and a lot synths... The same instruments I like to use in my hiphop beats... And I like to freaks out the drums... and use a bunch of syncopation...

Font

Producer / Sound Designer
ill o.g.
I make a lot of deep and tribal house! And some of the production skills I use in house i apply to my hip hop beats. That's the beauty of being able to make any style of music you feel at any given time.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
I spin some trance and house, I am actually doin a rave soon lol.

in the electronic genra I like crystal method, bt, and paul oakenfold and also andy hunter

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i'll do an electro/house type joint when i'm stuck creatively. basically, switching modes is a great way to stay creative at all times, cause if you are in a slump it pays offs to just try some different styles

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Somebody show some examples ...

check out richie hawtin, the kooky scientist, lady 4 square, magda, kyle gieger, square pusher. these people here should give you an idea of whats the best in electronic music.

eldia

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I listen to Hardstyle/Dance/Trance, but not House.
I did make Trance n shit before, but I stopped and started focusing on Hip-Hop, but I feel like getting back into it.
2 of my dudes are makin a Hardstyle/Dance/Trance CD, and I'm mixing/mastering the shit.

members online