I started house music...

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I started mixing house music back in 85 .... I still got alot of the vinyl ..... I also got tons of it in my computer for my radio station .... My station mainly plays hip hop except when shows are on then its mainly House, Freestyle, Hardhouse Etc... Heres a mix so u can hear some oldschool house ....

http://www.lowerlevelradio.com/mixes/oldschoolmix.mp3

How funky is this shit! Very nice mix.
Reminds you how much this stuff was influenced by hip hop and electro in the early days.

C

Carpe Diem

I make House & Garage, had a few 12" releases last year and a new one coming soon. Check out Joey Youngman on myspace, he's a quality 'Jackin' House producer.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I started mixing house music back in 85 .... I still got alot of the vinyl ..... I also got tons of it in my computer for my radio station .... My station mainly plays hip hop except when shows are on then its mainly House, Freestyle, Hardhouse Etc... Heres a mix so u can hear some oldschool house ....

http://www.lowerlevelradio.com/mixes/oldschoolmix.mp3

Great mix! Very exemplirary of the genre at a time when it was really good.
This mix reminds me of DJ Wizard from Detroit who used to be on WJLB in the late 80's who would spin this with hiphop in a 2 hour mix show like no breaks!
Nice job!

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I do House of the Deep House variety.

go holler at Naked Music (www.naked-music.com), Rick Wade's Harmonie Park Label (look for Rick Wade on myspace), and my boy Chris's label www.deep4life.com. That's the kinda shit I'm doin.

It's really not as easy as many would have you think it is. Listen to some good deep house and you'll see that.

Aside from that, I'm also doing minimal techno, electro, ghettotech, and a bit of drum and bass. My drum and bass stuff is over at www.soundclick.com/projectganymede

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
go holler at Naked Music (www.naked-music.com)[/url]

Naked Music definitely has some great stuff.
I hated dance music in high school, however I went to university two hours north of Chicago and got swept into the House Music culture. You couldn't be a dj out there and not be able to throw down some house.

My top three are as follows:
Todd Terry - SP1200 master, it ain't just Pete Rock and Muggs that killed it on that box, Todd Terry is one of the best to ever touch the SP
Kenny Dope and Louie Vega - Their first album, "Masters at Work" was one record of hip hop and one record of house. Both were fire, with the House side being slightly better. Their second album entitled "Nu Yorican Soul" is one of the best albums of the twentieth century, period. They worked with La India (Love and Happiness, I Can't Get No Sleep) Tito Puente (Ran Kan Kan), Roy Ayers, Eddie Palmieri, St. Etienne, George Benson (You Can Do it Baby). They've produced some of the best sounding mus9ic, great to play loud on a nice system, amazing stuff...
Larry Heard - He's one of the pioneers of house music. His best track is "Can You Feel It", It's on the Grand Theft Auto soundtrack, it's one of the greatest songs ever. He also pioneered a lot of the Deep House styles that blew up in the late 90's. You can get a ton of his mixtapes for free at deephousepage.com

House is a feeling...

C

Carpe Diem

damm syg didnt know u did house!!
yo good!! dat house mix is crazy!! im not into the house dat much but dat shit is mixed is tight!!!
yo what r the bpms on house music!?!?!

I make my House stuff around 125-128 BPM. The deeper stuff tends to be 120-125.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Ditto on the BPM... between 120 and 130...s... One of my friends is a house dancer/teacher... he says that over 135 is too fast...