I want to produce but don't know where to start??

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Find sample material, good material is half the job. Just spend some serious time in finding, slicing and creating sample libraries, you'll see that working with FL is fast and effective to work with.

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
I agree with formant cuz if u just have shitty samples ur music will be shit, u need to find the sounds u like and work with them

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
DRUMS!DRUMS!DRUMS!DRUMS!!!!!

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.

if you can program drums, you have won half the battle. if you can do bass along with it, then you have got the best possible foundation for making beats... because if you can rock those two on their own, you could let the artist do their thing with vocals and still have a strong track....

but the drums, and their sound, are the main thing. you can have a fantom, dope sounds but poor drum programming skills (and poor drums) and you would be worthless..... thats my 2 cents, you have already got a world of info already so thats what i would add to it.

M

Mine

Originally posted by eka
like at first,bossa nova for example
I started out just by listening to how they make their rythmes and I ended up buying what ever I could find of astrud gilberto,

Berimbau is a fine fine track, I'd kill to hear a triphop remake with that voice and the right mix. That little backing track with the horns... oh my. Anybody have any examples of an MC over a bossa nova feel tho? I'm having trouble hearing that in my head.

members online