ILL Battle Report - Episode #9

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Thank you for the statements, I apreciate it as I know you will be honest when its needed, gives me hope!

Great report bro, keep er up!:up2:

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
@Memento Beats It seems to me that when you mention anything about being old school whether it be boom bap music (which is just boom bap) or the older members of this site...you just have a condescending attitude. Or should I say...tone. That’s it for the most part. You still illfam

Last edited:
I'm Just Fucking About Mate Mean't As A Reference To A Current Global Issue That's Dominating The News ATM
It Was A Poor Attempt At Humour Not Finished Listening Yet Only 4 Min In

I don't understand but I think you misunderstood it and you're trying to attach the meaning to it where there isn't any. It wasn't any "attempt" at humour. It was just a cough... Jeez...

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
Thanks for your feedback @Memento Beats i appreciate it very much..as for the "ageism" Skidflow is talking about...cause Im an older dude myself (33 years old) i want to say that im appreciating and trying to listen all kind of genres of hip hop, it doesn't mean that the older members here are "stuck" in certain era and dont appreciate more modern sound...your podcast is great i enjoy and support what are you doing...

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
I don't understand but I think you misunderstood it and you're trying to attach the meaning to it where there isn't any. It wasn't any "attempt" at humour. It was just a cough... Jeez...
No Mate I Meant It Was A Poor Attempt At Humor By Me
I Know Ya Don't Do Shit Like That (Cryptic Messages) Ya Seem To Speak Ya Mind & Just Give Ya Opinion

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
I mean...my Brother @Memento Beats told me to stick to making boom bap when my trap beat placed in the last beat this...then you chuckled a bit(I still think that’s funn) but to tell me to stick to making boom bap when my semi Trappy likebeat placed...without an explanation...ion know I feel you ain’t real like that sometimes.

@Memento Beats It seems to me that when you mention anything about being old school whether it be boom bap music (which is just boom bap) or the older members of this site...you just have a condescending attitude. Or should I say...tone. That’s it for the most part. You still illfam

Well... It's just my point of view. It doesn't mean that I perceive "boom bap" or let's say "oldschool" as something bad because if I did then I wouldn't have been praised beats by producers who base their craft solely on sampling. I just pointed out that in May most of the time oldschool beats were winning battles and that there is a lot of people here who were raised on hip hop classics. And it is a fact that is undeniable. Besides I mentioned many times that you don't have to agree with my opinion or with my choice of beats for this podcast as it is entirely subjective. Take it or leave it. ;)

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Well... It's just my point of view. It doesn't mean that I perceive "boom bap" or let's say "oldschool" as something bad because if I did then I wouldn't have been praised beats by producers who base their craft solely on sampling. I just pointed out that in May most of the time oldschool beats were winning battles and that there is a lot of people here who were raised on hip hop classics. And it is a fact that is undeniable. Besides I mentioned many times that you don't have to agree with my opinion or with my choice of beats for this podcast as it is entirely subjective. Take it or leave it. ;)
Fair enough...keep banging out

I mean...my Brother @Memento Beats told me to stick to making boom bap when my trap beat placed in the last beat this...then you chuckled a bit(I still think that’s funn) but to tell me to stick to making boom bap when my semi Trappy likebeat placed...without an explanation...ion know I feel you ain’t real like that sometimes.

I told you to stick to boom bap because I better like you grimey boom bap version. It's up to you what you do with it. :D It's like when @ArvinArmani says that he likes "my chill side of music". It's the same thing. My aggressive beats also got placed in Beat This, Warzone etc. Yet, he pointed out that he better likes my softer productions and I respect that. But it's up to me whether I will follow his feedback or not.

@Memento Beats , is doing a great job. That's why people set up podcasts to hear and give opinions. It doesn't make him an authority of anything, but he is in charge of his show, personally whether you agree or not some of his opinions are spot on...I'm the #1 ranked member on this site, and if someone has an opinion about my beat, good or bad..it's no big deal..it doesn't mean everyone feels that way about your beats..one person's opinion shouldn't bring you down or make you mad...So in closing, I will leave you guys with this note: Reality Check...not everybody is going to like your shit...DEAL WITH IT!!!!! and move on

members online