In terms of workflow?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
LMAO

Well lets see FL studio work with CV. Sorry it cant ha ha.

you know I have love for every platform

" First of all, anyone on this site that downloads 5 new plugins to find a synth lead"

Its not to find a synth lead its just that maybe the recently downloaded a bunch of plugin you know. Then its time to experiment with them ETC. I find that most users have some many free VST plugins they don't learn or use any of them well.

and third, yea man come on over and I will show you Reason in depth and you will sing its praises for the rest of your days.

ha ha

"If you think you need to learn a new user interface for each sound, you need a new hobby"

Trilian has one UI, Each NI plugin has its own UI, Even the FL plugs have another UI so yes with plugins you learn a new interface for each plugin or sound for example.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Are you kidding me? LMAO and that noise that dude was making served what purpose? j/k. Seriously though, that would take the fun out of making beats if I HAD to do ish that way ALL the time. I'm willing to bet that over 90% of all Reason users do not even approach making beats that way...lol. I guess having the ability to do so is cooler but claiming it makes for a better workflow (OVERALL) is absolutely RIDICULOUS! hahaha

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
oh dac I just responded to you saying this

"I just feel like your discription of Reason makes it sound like its a beast of its on, capable of doing things that no other program can...and thats NOT so"

so I went and showed you something ONLY reason can do. and you still hate.

I see how it is.

The CV stuff is big for the trance guys, and of course you don't HAVE to use it.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I lol in general to c.v. in the digital domain...to me it serves no purpose as i have room/budget for hardware. Even though, its very nice to have "cv" in reason, id wish there was something i wanted to use within reason. I also dont see a reason why i would use cv in dr.rex

"cv" for modulating a bdrum ? hooray for vst support!
^^^
*loads microtonic vst - life is good

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
If you laugh at digital CV because you can afford hardware, why use plugins at all?

There is so much more you can do with digital CV than you can do with real hardware. and let me give you an example of using CV with dr rex that I use all the time. You can route a CV from the kick sound in a rex loop to the kick in redrum triggering two sounds every time your loop plays a kick, thats pretty cool.

But some of the advanced effects people have built in Reason with CV as amazing, for example watch this video. http://vimeo.com/12595483 If you think CV in Reason is lame you have not used it or learned it period!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
oh dac I just responded to you saying this

"I just feel like your discription of Reason makes it sound like its a beast of its on, capable of doing things that no other program can...and thats NOT so"

so I went and showed you something ONLY reason can do. and you still hate.

I see how it is.

The CV stuff is big for the trance guys, and of course you don't HAVE to use it.

hahaha, my bad, I thought we were talking about ish that applied to hip hop and workflow. See, now it all makes sense because I REALLY was wondering why the dude in that first video thought those sounds he was making were SOOOO cool (I should've figured out that he was into trance right then)... LMAO but now I understand...please forgive me, I should have never doubted your reasoning...hahahaha (but I did ask for clarification).

Now that I know what its good for, I have whole NEW respect for REASON, just not when comes to hip hop...ROTF, ok my side is hurting now!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I lol'd upon "cv" since reason does not do anything in regards to control voltage. You can assign one to another, it might aswell been a matrix but the old concept of cv is clearest way to freely modulate a to b.

trance...

*turns on acces virus...

In terms of what reason can or cant do, nothing really new since a lot of what you would trigger/control is pretty much embedded on most plugs or in hardware synths(a route matrix/assign option). You can let drums trigger another sample, you can also just layer it which just seems the easiest route and quite possible on pretty much all platforms.

And just a heads up lol, i do know reason and well enough to know its not for me or even that special lol. Its convenient if you think itb but i have no problems using any platform, software/hardware..heck, i dont even understand all the cons people mention and put it down to lack of experience, fail to reason in practical terms or just plain dumb defending what they think is right. Fact is, there is plenty of things new to reason which is already longtime available on FL, fact is that reason is not waaaay much better than cv/gate irl but to some people it is however waaaaaay more convenient in your wallet/imagination. And reason definitly does not beat my setup however i configure it lol.

I still wish they made a dr rex or redrum plugin, that was the only reason i got on it anyway but not enough appearantly.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Well I am not going to debate it, if your set up works then rock on! But I have used every daw in depth and Reason/Record is by far the fastest workflow.

"*turns on acces virus..."

Fires up virus refill, hmm I can change the settings and hit save and it is stored with the song. Nice :)

""cv" since reason does not do anything in regards to control voltage. "

It actually does, in fact you can route the CV out of your interface and control a hardware synth with it. So it is actual CV

"i do know reason and well enough to know its not for me or even that special lol"

Then you don't know Reason at all ;)

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Try modulating every osc type/waveform per osc in a refill, or just change one osc type/waveform from that virus refill lol.

hmm you can save it ?
*presses save button.

The fact that you like reason probably says more about you than the program. In the same way you are amazed at the things that reason offers now that are already long available on other platforms...like recording. You work itb preferably it seems, but not everyone does.

Reason's been well thought out but still remains limited which might be perfect for a singer songwriter, but for a few logical reasons i'd never buy it. You can call all hardware users retarded but those people think that using rewire to get midi-out enabled is straight up retarded. Or just being dependend on using rewire in general is a shortcoming on workflow. If it comes to making a decision between not being able to use an api2500 because reason wont let me insert it unless i use rewire, then that decisions is pretty easy to make. But that's me not thinking itb.

Nothing is more convenient and improves intuitivity then using 1 program to do all.
Having 2 monitors also doesnt improve intuitivity, not needing to watch a screen is pretty much thr proof of working intuitive. Not having to make comprimises due to lack of support. All the cliches add up to making things work for you;

-less is more
-go from A to B the shortest way.

If its all about itb, than fine but if thats not the case why bother with Reason.