is an mpc-4000 that much better than previous versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
yo. i'm just startin out in the biz and currently i'm only using cakewalk and a mophatt sound module which is startin to get kinda old. i'm thinkin of gettin a sampler. is it really worth all the extra money to get an mpc-4000 instead of a 2000? Whats the difference? Also could i use a sampler with cakewalk or would i even want to?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
My comments are this, I had...an mpc2000 and loved it.....I had some financial problems and the hardware setup I had built had to go(rs7000, mp7, motif& triton and roland rs5...,b4 I got all of that I just used to use cakewalk.... so I am an old cakewalk user that is using just fruity loops producer edition and cakewalk sonar now....I have protools too.....I think that for multitracking cakewalk sonar is better....I use fruity loops dxi...inside of it to lay my drums...not all the way as good as mpc drum engine but it works....I ocassionally use the roland soundcanvas, vst's.......so to tell you the truth I think you can do some helluva production with the right combo of software and soundcards.....waaaaaaay cheaper and come out with tracks that are very competitive........so it's on you.....the only thing to me that is an advantage outside of the akai sound engine is that everything is in the unit.........but if I was to get another replacement piece it would be the mpc4000....I used to not believe this fact until I was forced to downgrade my dream hardware setup that people would kill for....to just a controller and my pc.....

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
damn thats a pretty bangin setup you had. thats too bad. thanks for the info. i might end up goin the software root too cause im a little strapped for cash too. whats up with the roland soundcanvas. whats that do

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
it has all of the basic roland sounds and drum kits that you might find on say the Roland RS-5....keys and a few more....it works just like a sound module except it's loaded on the computer...it has good sounds on it....search for the Roland VSC.....

C

cmr3

they are starting to do that for mostly every module.The computer version which is the same thing as a module but it just loads in your computer.......and its alot cheaper you just dont have a piece of equipment there its all in your computer....

K

kojack

straight up , the computer scene is cool for most stuff but I've herd some tracks off reasons an fruity loops and the drums just sucked big maybe it was the producer or the program. It's just something about that MPc 4000 that just makes my stuff sound so full.Im sorry I'll be beatin my Mpc till it breaks I'll leave that computer Scene for those computer cats All I need a computer for is to dump Tracks

A

andrzej00

i didn't use it for so far, but as i heard and read about it i think is a big step forward. u can use it in very different ways. and has it all what wasn't able on the previous 2k ones.

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im gona try to break this down real quick and if anybody got more questions holla at me in the mail. lets say you play out your music with a mpc and a synth( i havent master using samples yet with this tip) ok everything you play is gona be on beat right? ok well the way i make my beats is i start off with making the hook and mute out sounds for the verse and change up. once i got the hook ill just record every intrument into my sound card and laptop using nuendo. ill do this for 9 bars cause most hip hop beats just loop and change up. since i use midi time code everything will line up right. onece i got it all in my computer ill cut off the last bar so ill have a perfect 8 bars then ill cut a line so that my 8 bar beat is devided into 4 bars next ill just copy them 8 bars again and erase out sounds for the verse and leave the ones i want to use in. i get cazy effects with plug ins more then the 4000 could ever do plus my filters will be better and i also can take my work with me too. the 4000 is good if you want it all in one box but you can get by well with out it if you have a computer and a good daws....you know the less you have somethings helps you to get more out of your stuff and plus like im doing learn to freak things differently

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by kojack
straight up , the computer scene is cool for most stuff but I've herd some tracks off reasons an fruity loops and the drums just sucked big maybe it was the producer or the program. It's just something about that MPc 4000 that just makes my stuff sound so full.Im sorry I'll be beatin my Mpc till it breaks I'll leave that computer Scene for those computer cats All I need a computer for is to dump Tracks

Stop Fooling yourself. The MPC does not magically make things sound full, its not some magic instrument that has "Thick full sounds" inside You load in drums like you do everything else. You load weak thin drums into reason you get weak thin drums in your beat. You load weak thin drum kits into a MPC thats what you get. Besides Who makes a beat and leaves the beat un mixed and mastered? People dont make beats and just leave them raw and hollow when they are done. You have to finalize the mix so that everything hits like its supposed to. That has nothing to do with the equiptment you're using to make the beat on.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
Originally posted by BeatOff
Stop Fooling yourself. The MPC does not magically make things sound full, its not some magic instrument that has "Thick full sounds" inside You load in drums like you do everything else. You load weak thin drums into reason you get weak thin drums in your beat. You load weak thin drum kits into a MPC thats what you get. Besides Who makes a beat and leaves the beat un mixed and mastered? People dont make beats and just leave them raw and hollow when they are done. You have to finalize the mix so that everything hits like its supposed to. That has nothing to do with the equiptment you're using to make the beat on.

i disagree.... all the mpc's... have there own sound... 2000/3000/4000
in my opinion 3000... the best tho i only have a 2000xl.... i used them all,,,,

i like the 4000 the best..... alot of options...

point is mpc does make a difference....

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by themucka
i disagree.... all the mpc's... have there own sound... 2000/3000/4000
in my opinion 3000... the best tho i only have a 2000xl.... i used them all,,,,

i like the 4000 the best..... alot of options...

point is mpc does make a difference....

All i can say is your brainwashed. How can something that has no sounds in them "Have their own sound'?

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
I dont care what none of yall say, in a blind test you couldnt tell the diffrence between drums programmed in a MPC2000, 3000, 4000, Yamaha RS7000, or NI Battery. Its all up to the programer. I can program dope shit in FL, Cubase, Sonar, Pro Tools, MPC2000XL, Reason, anything you put infront of me. People need to stop fooling themselves into thinking the MPC series makes drums sound better of fuller or more warm or whatever. Its all hype. If you cant do drums then you cant do drums, its not the machine. In a blind test you might be able to tell the diffrence between a SP-12 or some old school machine like that just cuz the sound is so freakin distorted. Thats cool if you're into Lo-fi shit but I like my joints clear. I dont like that 12bit fuzz all over my drums.

themucka

ill o.g.
@ BEAT OFF
NO YOU BRAINWASHED.... I'LL EXPLAIN....

IT'S IN THE CONVERTERS.... THE 3000 HAS DIFFERENT CONVERTERS.... THAN THE 2000... BECAUSE THE MAN WHO BUILT THE 3000... LEFT AKAI... AND HE OWNED THE PATTENT ON HOW THAT MACHINE OPEREATES...

AKAI HAD 2 MAKE A DIFFERENT MODEL... WITH DIFFERENT CONVERTERS NOW THAT
WHAT BIRTHED THE MPC2000... THEN HE CAME BACK....
THEY MADE THE 2000XL... AND THE ANNIVERASRY SERIES... WICH WAS SILVER OR SOME STUPID COLOR...

AND YOU CAN HEAR THE DIFFERENCE... IT'S THERE JUST GOT 2 LISTEN...
I'LL BE ASSISTING IN STUDIOS... AND MY MAN... COULD TELL YOU WHAT YOUR WORKING WITH OFF THE BAT... MPC2G/3G/ SP1200/ASR... TRITON/ ROLAND/

THEY ALL HAVE THERE OWN CONVERTERS... GIVING THEM THERE OWN SOUND...

IT'S THE SAME WITH CPU AUDIO CARDS.. IT'S ALL ON THE CONVERTERS

IT'S JUST THERE SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE MPC3000 CONVERTERS...
AND THE SWING IS DIFFERENT... THAT TRADITIONAL HIP HOP SWING...
THE MPC3000 GOT THAT DRE... SWING THAT KAY-G I LIKE THE WAY IT DO'S THE DBL KICK..

MPC2000XL... GOT THAT NEPTUNE SWING...

AND ANY REAL GOOD ENGINEER CAN HEAR THE DIFFERENCE...

themucka

ill o.g.
@SOME GUY... TRUST ME I CAN DO BEATS ON ANY MACHINE...
I HATE MAKING BEATS ON SOFTWARE.. THAT JUST ME... I LIKE 2 HIT THAT PAD 4 THAT KICK AND HIT THAT PAD 4 THAT SNARE...

I'VE MADE BEATS..ON EVERY SAMPLER I NAMED.. AND RECENTLY BEEN MAKING BEATS WITH REASON.. THOUGH I HATE THERE DRUMS... I SYNC TO THE MPC..
WALA... MY STRAIT TRIPPEN.. WAS OFF THAT RZN.. 2.0

IN THE END IT ALL COMES DOWN 2 THE PRODUCER AND WHAT YOU CAN DO...
BUT THE BETTER THE TOOLS THE BETTER QUALITY OF WORK YOU'LL GET..

B

BeatOff

@ BEAT OFF
NO YOU BRAINWASHED.... I'LL EXPLAIN....

IT'S IN THE CONVERTERS.... THE 3000 HAS DIFFERENT CONVERTERS.... THAN THE 2000... BECAUSE THE MAN WHO BUILT THE 3000... LEFT AKAI... AND HE OWNED THE PATTENT ON HOW THAT MACHINE OPEREATES...

AKAI HAD 2 MAKE A DIFFERENT MODEL... WITH DIFFERENT CONVERTERS NOW THAT
WHAT BIRTHED THE MPC2000... THEN HE CAME BACK....
THEY MADE THE 2000XL... AND THE ANNIVERASRY SERIES... WICH WAS SILVER OR SOME STUPID COLOR...

AND YOU CAN HEAR THE DIFFERENCE... IT'S THERE JUST GOT 2 LISTEN...
I'LL BE ASSISTING IN STUDIOS... AND MY MAN... COULD TELL YOU WHAT YOUR WORKING WITH OFF THE BAT... MPC2G/3G/ SP1200/ASR... TRITON/ ROLAND/

THEY ALL HAVE THERE OWN CONVERTERS... GIVING THEM THERE OWN SOUND...

IT'S THE SAME WITH CPU AUDIO CARDS.. IT'S ALL ON THE CONVERTERS

IT'S JUST THERE SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE MPC3000 CONVERTERS...
AND THE SWING IS DIFFERENT... THAT TRADITIONAL HIP HOP SWING...
THE MPC3000 GOT THAT DRE... SWING THAT KAY-G I LIKE THE WAY IT DO'S THE DBL KICK..

MPC2000XL... GOT THAT NEPTUNE SWING...

AND ANY REAL GOOD ENGINEER CAN HEAR THE DIFFERENCE...

After reading this The only thing i can say is Akai put a chip in your brain. I cant honestly believe that YOU believe what you just wrote.

I HATE MAKING BEATS ON SOFTWARE.. THAT JUST ME... I LIKE 2 HIT THAT PAD 4 THAT KICK AND HIT THAT PAD 4 THAT SNARE...

I'VE MADE BEATS..ON EVERY SAMPLER I NAMED.. AND RECENTLY BEEN MAKING BEATS WITH REASON.. THOUGH I HATE THERE DRUMS... I SYNC TO THE MPC..
WALA... MY STRAIT TRIPPEN.. WAS OFF THAT RZN.. 2.0

IN THE END IT ALL COMES DOWN 2 THE PRODUCER AND WHAT YOU CAN DO...
BUT THE BETTER THE TOOLS THE BETTER QUALITY OF WORK YOU'LL GET..

If you have a MPC just because you like to push stuff. Thats what A MPD 16 is. And if you dont like the reason drums make your own. LOL you think the MPC has drums inside of it? I dont get it.

themucka

ill o.g.
IF YOU GONNA STAY IGNORANT... THAN DON'T COMMENT...

AND BELIVE ME AKAI.. SPONSOR
I'M FAR FROM... I WOUDN'T MINE THAT ASR... CAN SAMPLE WHILE THE BEAT IS PLAYING THAT SICK AND SOMETHING THAT MPC CAN'T DO...
SYNC THAT 2 MY MPC... HEHE.. AND WALA SOME FUTURE ISH...

BUT DON'T WORRY KEEP THINKING THERE NO DIFFERENCE...
LIKE IRAQ HAD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION...

KNOWLEGE IS POWER.. DON'T DENY THE TRUTH

B

BeatOff

IF YOU GONNA STAY IGNORANT... THAN DON'T COMMENT...

AND BELIVE ME AKAI.. SPONSOR
I'M FAR FROM... I WOUDN'T MINE THAT ASR... CAN SAMPLE WHILE THE BEAT IS PLAYING THAT SICK AND SOMETHING THAT MPC CAN'T DO...
SYNC THAT 2 MY MPC... HEHE.. AND WALA SOME FUTURE ISH...

BUT DON'T WORRY KEEP THINKING THERE NO DIFFERENCE...
LIKE IRAQ HAD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION...

KNOWLEGE IS POWER.. DON'T DENY THE TRUTH

I'll comment all I want, the only thing ignorant is that nonsense you posted up there about Swing patterns being in sync with the equiptment thats the dumbest shit i've ever heard in my life. EVER. And all that converter nonsense you're talking is ridiculous. But I'll let my engineer "Some Guy" break it down for you because this shit here is obsurd.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100

Who sayd you have to click drums into a computer? You can bang exactly like you can on a MPC. If you dont know that by now you're either stupid or refuse to see the light. There is no diffrence.

What exactly are you talking about when you say swing? Neptunes swing?? Are you talking about swing quantizing? shuffling? What. The MPC quantizes to whatever resolution you set it at just like computer drum machines. 1/4, 1/8, 1/16th, 1/16thT, whatever. Most neptunes patters are hella simple you could program them with 1/16th resolution, or 1/32 at the most for hi-hats. Its not hard. You could do that on any machine. Unless you're trying to get a natural feel to your drums, like trying to program real souding rock drums or something, swing quantize is pretty useless for straight 4/4 hip hop tracks.

Any real good engineer will hear the diffrence?? First of all, no they cant, second of all who cares even if they could. The drums never go straight from the MPC to the CD so who cares. To get the "neptunes" sound you have to compress the shit out of the kicks and run them through a low pass filter etc. By the time they get to the cd you cant tell what the original sample sounded like let alone what machine it was on. It just dont matter at all which MPC or Yamaha drum machine you use, or even Computer shit. Its all hear say and hype man. You know how many AD/DA converters are between the MPC and the CD. Even if the MPC had its own sound it would never make it to the CD press.

themucka

ill o.g.
i can tell you a rookie....

that my problem with software... programs...
fools... don't understand the value...
of what hip hop was made with...

tell me one classic of hip hop made on... software....
i'm talking just the beat...

dog i went 2 school for this Fullsail...
i was ignorant just like you...
hollaring at them like naw... impossible...
but it isn't i've already tested they skills .. and my boy wayne knows off the muscle..
a hip hop engineer that's good ... like wayne allison/young guru/ bob rosa...
can tell the difference trust me...
i know producer who can tell even ....

but go head and comment and throw your 2cents... i can care less...
every site has 2 have is moron... i guess your the one

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online