Is Fruity Loops that hot??????

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Good idea to change the name sound like sequencing program you get out of a cereal box. I guess it has come along way maybe i'll give a try someday.

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Kevin A said:
And as for you kids that like to sample, I researched it and it is against the law to use any sample no matter the length without permission. That's right, not even 3 seconds. You don't even have to sell it, once you give it to someone you've commited a crime. So a thief is a thief is a thief. Don't tell me you got a musical bone in your body and your sampling, you just got a ear for music. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but it's not your sht, so basicly this post is not for those type of cats.

You’re a nerd. No one was talking about sampling and you just felt the need to throw a quick diss in about sampling. Why don't you go throw away all your hip-hop records that have samples on them and we'll see how many you have left. Oh sorry, I meant your Cd's since you've probably never touched a record in your life. Oooooh and its illegal...who cares? You baby. I've done all kind of shit that's illegal and sampling is the least of my worries. I don't need money hungry corporations and big brother telling me what I can and can't do. And if you are gonna come back with the "What about the artist?" argument, that is silly. Do you think that anyone is buying the CD of something I found on 78 in a moldy box in someone's back yard, if it even exists on CD. And even if they were, do you think the record company is gonna bother to look for the person that is supposed to get the royalties. Look in the news, a bunch of record companies were just sued for not paying royalties to artists "they couldn't track down," which included P.Diddy...ha, couldn't find him huh. No musical bone huh, I could see that as a weak excuse directed at people with four to sixteen bar loops, but does the same apply to people that load a sound and only play it for as long as they hold the key down on their keyboard. Where do you think they got those preset sounds in your keyboard or synth? Those are called royalty free samples, unless you got an old school analog synth, which I highly doubt. I don't know what that last comment is supposed to mean, but if you are saying that Fruity loops isn't for people that sample, you obviously don't know your program very well. FL Studio can act very much like an MPC if you use the piano roll, a midi controller and load your own samples. I think you must have some real significant insecurities if you feel such a need to bash everyone who doesn't do everything exactly like you. Just cuz I predominantly sample doesn't make me feel the need to go around dissing everyone that uses keyboards. We are all making music and that's what counts. And just in case you were wondering, I played piano for years, but I really like digging through crates because it exposes me to a lot of stuff I probably wouldn't normally listen to. Sampling takes a lot of time and hard work, not just plug in and go...so watch your tongue and learn your history.
-UnOwn

P.S.- Sorry mods for retaliating to this kids comment but it was really uncalled for in the first place.

zawlin

ill o.g.
yo use fruity loops 4 to do all of my beats i started 2 years ago. i think it the best program i ever use to make beats. it easy to make beats. no one ever teach me how to use fruity loops befor. come to my page and holla at my fruity loops beats!!............. be easy on what u write to me im only 13 year old.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/3/ezmusic.htm

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
fruity is dope....i use fruity along with cool edit and goldwave.....great combo right there....i do my mixing on fruity also...the parametric EQ is a wonderful thing.......and about the sampling subject...if u drop a track.....and it sounds hot.....it sounds hot.....if u dont like sampling...dont do it.....dont bash people who do...because EVERYONE IN THE INDUSTRY DOES IT....dont believe me?

www.the-breaks.com <---that site shows sampled songs...and who used them.....click on the top tab on the left...soul/r&b....

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
It depends on the person, some peeps make shit with fl, some make masterpiece material that is better than most of these 24000.00 dollar setups... it's kind of funny dontcha think?

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
No Harm Done

J-rilla
My comment was not a cheap shot at you. I believe at the begining of my post I said "We are held back by our own limitations and patterns of thinking" That included myself. I didn't say where the limitations were because I don't know, but we all have them. The next sentences starts " Those of you" still not making it personal. Your name is at the top of the post because I was talking to you, not at or about you. It is generalized to cover other perspectives that I've come accross at illmusik. Basically I was trying to pass on some logic that I use for myself to keep me from having bias opinions not accurately supported due to my own limitations. I tried Reason, and I didn't like it, but you will never hear me say it sucks, or it can't do this or it can do that. If I did, that information would be misleading and the first persons who would notice it, would be the people doin tight stuff in reason, why, becasue they know better. I'm on the other end with FLstudio, I know it's not limited. So to avoid misleading someone who doesn't know anything about either, If I couldn't do something, then I would say I couldn't do it, not the program is limited because I couldn't do. In the forever ending debate about these softwares, you hear statements like that all the time, I was was addressing it in that manner. The same as with the sampling thing that the UNOWN is talking about.

UNOWN, being that you've only been here for about 2 months, its obvious you haven't seen the countless threads on this very same issues, not to mention my perspective on the few threads that I've participated in on this issue of sampling. So for the record, I have been a advocate for sampling in untraditional ways, cutting notes, and hits, and using them to compose original melodies. It's easy to jump in and think that way, but you have to follow the threads to get the complete perspective. Ask a question if you must, but don't assume. When I say sampling, or talk about someone who is sampling I'm thinking of a person that is taking 4 plus bars out of a song, then start talking about about I make beats, that's my flavor, I made this. I've come across alot of people that think that because they sampled 4 bars of someone elses composition and put a beat behind it, that it's theirs. I disagree with that. I also mention it because of all the posibilities that Flstudio has with making music that does not envolve using loops. It was also informative information to myself because I sample hits and notes from music. And to find out that not one tit was legal was a shock to me as well. As for records, I have 28 crates of them. In these threads it's been definded what a sample is, and how many ways people sample. My gripe is only with people who don't rely on any skill, and will steal bars from another song and call it their own. Oh, and the premade drum loop users too. I've heard some people say as long as it sounds tight it's alright. I've said this before, yes sound is sound, but music isn't always what seems to be, like judging a book by it's cover. Unfortunately the industry we are in is surface value, so you're gonna get alot of that anyway. My point for people who do sample like that is to not keep them set in their ways, and unleash their potentual for creating new music, because that's music to my ears and everyone elses. If there is still a misunderstanding, I can live wit that.

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Well maybe I was a little harsh but you should probably tone down the generalizations a little bit. Generalizations are usually a pretty close-minded way of looking at things. Your comment just sounds like a straight diss to anyone that samples, but then you tell me that you sample too. You should make sure to be clear with everything you say because everyone is not gonna go research all your posts because you expect them to know what you mean or something. I may have only been posting for two months, but you can see that I am pretty clear, concise, and supportive of every argument I make. I have been lurking this board for a pretty long time now though, and only recently registered. So, I have seen a lot of the arguments that go on and most of the time I find them unnecessary. That is why I took particular offense to your comment because it was uncalled for. The topic of the thread and every person before you did not mention a single thing about sampling and you just found it necessary to throw your opinion on that matter in there. Not only did you throw it in there but you felt the need to approach the matter in a rather disrespectful manner. Personally I mostly sample real small parts and not loops, but I have no problem with people that do. And you can have a problem with it if you want, you are entitled to you opinion, but are you so insecure in that matter that you need to disrespect others that aren't doing things exactly like you? People who sample are like music archeologists in my opinion and the ones who do it best dig up the really forgotten gems. Do you think that most of the people listening to these songs would have ever listened to the original samples in the first place? I doubt it. I think digging samples teaches people to be more cultured in their musical tastes, no matter how much of the sample is used. The key is using something really obscure, but that is just the way I feel. Maybe it will spark the curiosity of someone out there to go pick up their first Jazz, Funk, Rock, Opera, Classical or whatever album. I know that sampling has really helped me listen to a lot of stuff that I probably never would have otherwise. So, our opinions differ and I don't have a problem with that, what I mainly had a problem with was your approach to the matter. I think you should take a serious look at handling issues more diplomatically in the first place, rather than waiting till someone takes offense to your approach. So, I got no problem, just think a little closer about the way your words sound before you go ripping on people.
Thanks,
UnOwn

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Gravy, Human, only the beats are 100%

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
My fault...I know of a couple of folk that say "we" when they actually just mean "you" so sometimes a get a little defensive.... but no harm no foul..hopefully u feel the same way..chuuch

O

ola

Please People No More Fruity Loops Bashing Before I Have To Beat Battle Someone And Show Them What F Loops Is All About I'll Even Battle A Hardware Cat If Have To.....leave Fl Alone..............peace.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
J Rilla said:
My fault...I know of a couple of folk that say "we" when they actually just mean "you" so sometimes a get a little defensive.... but no harm no foul..hopefully u feel the same way..chuuch

It's all gravy, I've could have said things clearer myself like unown mentioned. Peace

G

GEtback-Ent

work with fruity

FuriousMusic said:
I havent looked at it in years but i remember it was just a bunch of set sounds and you arrange the sounds to make beats. Like i said i havent looked at in years but have they changed it and is it now like sonar or cubase. I also know that 9th wonder makes all of his beats in FL he dosent use external hardware.
works fine with me make sure you have 24bit,with any music its not the machine but the creative of the artist.

Tutu aka Snake

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I think 9th Wonder uses plugins two, or am I wrong?

anywayz, FL Studio Producer Edition is much more different then the older versions called Fruity Loops. It has grown up and can compete with the 'big boys' now. It's the best way to start if you have no experience in producing, cause it has an easy interface and is very easy to learn. Unlike programs like Sonar 3, Reason, Cubase or whatever. These programs are like chinese if you don't know where to start! Even with the tutorials wich most of the time use terms you probarly never heard about as a beginning producer it's hard.

Sqito

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
The same as bumping it pointing out it being pointless bumping it without contributing anything new to it. :p :D

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
fruity is a stone cold bitch, as cold as ice!