Is it ever ok to just loop a sample?

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
Here's the deal...

I've found a dope ass sample, and there are 3 parts of it I've chopped. I'm using the 3 parts as follows - one part for half the verse, another part for the other half the verse and the 3rd part for the hook. Now all I've had to do to make this sound dope is loop it. Do you ever think it's acceptable to do that? I always feel that it's lazy. I'm gonna be composing more elements over the top of it too, but I still feel wrong for just looping the sample. (I've also upped the tempo and pitch of it)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
No matter what you do to make it sound dope....do it. You don't have to always chop the shit out of something to make it sound dope.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I feel you..and sometimes you feel lazy for just looping it... But if it's dope...who cares??

Shit..even the chopping legend DJ Premier has looped tracks before (see 2nd childhood from Nas). So bang it out....

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Personally, i fucking love loops....Some of my favorite joints are straight loops upon loops.....Some people are hellbent on chopping the sample to utmost smallest pieces so they can say they made something new from it, i could honestly give a fuck tho. I just want heads to knod.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
Personally, i fucking love loops....Some of my favorite joints are straight loops upon loops.....Some people are hellbent on chopping the sample to utmost smallest pieces so they can say they made something new from it, i could honestly give a fuck tho. I just want heads to knod.
quoted for truth

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
just make something dope, nothing wrong with looping a sample.
just think of how many of your favorite songs have looped samples in there.

38th||

Beatmaker
ill o.g.

word, I agree.

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
The MOST important aspect is the overall "outcome" ......everything else is irrelevant imo! So many of the top producers have all looped. These include, Timbaland, DJ Premier, Alchemist, Just Blaze, Kanye West, 9th wonder etc etc etc. You get my point lol but as others have said, as long as the end result is nice, then nobody can deny it sounds right!

glassJAw

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

I think this beat is so dope, it's basically the same sample throughout the song. Premier is great at this shit.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i useta loop... but i cant get past the fact that people shitted on Hip Hop for years... now, im into samplin yo shit, choppin yo shit, twistin and filterin yo shit, and then watchin u nod yo head to something that just might be yours... :s:

da relic

members online