nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
What you think?

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
they both have their hurdles. i think making beats is easier in the early going. especially with software like fruity loops and such. emceeing takes more vocal training. it can take years before you reach anywhere near your full potential vocally. i guess emceeing is harder then. beung good at either is still difficult though

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
It's harder to be a mc, a producer has more potentials that are not specificly genre biased. A mc will mostly be related to hiphop which makes it practicaly more difficult to execute versatile exploits. In another contrast an mc is like homebrew and in most cases a goodbeatcreator need scholling which takes more effort.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
This is a Relativity question....I think there are emcees that are gifted as well as producers that can make it look easy to some.....I think that Production along with engineering requires a lot more outside effort and time than does the actual session where you lay the track and spit the lyric, now if you put a lot of time into your concepts and ideas as an emcee then you definitely might be putting in the same effort in terms of time to finish up a project......Merc brings a good point Software has somewhat sped up production time from concept to finished track....I think Production is definitely harder.......because producers are required to be able to know many different styles to stay successful for the most part.....and emcee can have different styles but it is part of the craft to be able to keep with what your style is and perfect it......this is not always the case but it is more of the normal way an emcee is to progress.....producers should be well rounded and be able adapt to whatever project might be thrown their way or whatever the artist is asking for to fit their project.....

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
production is harder fo shizzle .. look at emenim .....lol

naw fo real i think production is much harder ... theres so much involved... diggin, programming, looping, mixing mastering... then u have to work wiith the artist to make him sound right over your shit.. and a slip up anywhere will fuc up the whole thing.. and plus u could spend months on just one beat... and theres the possibilty that no one will like it... an emcee has to work on 3 things typicaly ... lyrics, delivery and image ... a producer however has to learn so many more things including how to gauge a rappers lyrics, delivery, and image ..... so i feel the producers job outweighs the rapper ...thats probably why the bigtime producer makes more $$$$ than the bigtime rapper

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
^^ LOL

but on a real, i think mcin harder yo, i been spittin now for like 4 years, and i still dont feel comfortable enough to put myself on a finished beat. it takes so long to find a style/flow that you're happy with. personally beatmaking just comes naturally to me, that's why i'd say mcin is harder, when i sit down to make a tune, it just seems to happen, without too much thought. :confused:

M

MIKELABZ

MC'ING IS HARDER BY FAR.

THE AVERAGE MC'S CAREER IS 5-6 YEARS. A PRODUCER ALWAYS HAS A JOB.

HCTarks

Wax Mangler
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i agree emceeing is harder.. clean, crisp skratching is hard too =)

Muzik

SouthBound
ill o.g.
Producing is Harder to me.... Most emcees "most" hear tha beat they like it, they write and spit... very simple... Producing theres a whole shit
load more stuff that has to be done...

E

Equality 7-2521

although i cant Mc for shit id still say producing is harder.

mainly because its easier for an Mc to practice than a producer.

all an Mc needs is a pen and pad

producers need atleast one piece of equipment and then they need sounds to work with etc etc. most of the time, a new producer has to do ALOT of research and study in the area of production to get started. whereas an Mc can just start rapping.

on the real though it depends what your suited to. some poepel were just born to mc and some were just born to produce.

i dont think theres a right or wrong to this question

and let me just finish by saying that Mcs and producers are just as important as each other no matter which is tougher to be.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
this is a relitive question. but i feel making beats is harder. my main instrument for yeasr has been my voice and writting. however i got into beats specifically because my beat friend is on crack and i have to be my own producer. if an emcee is not writting and voicing honesty than mcing might be more difficult. although making beats is more mathmatics and composing. great topic nasir

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
honestly, i think it all depends. some people do things natrually, or suck at it. some people find it incredibly hard to sing on key, and other people arent good with like, intstrument combo's. it all varies on the person. and like, the skills learned as a child for sure. if you never listen to music growing up, your ear wont be as atuned to what sounds good as someone who has been listening for a long time. personally, and it also depends on how much pitch change your doing in your mcing. are you gonna sing your lyrics more, or just say them. depends on what people are doing in my opinion. different strokes for different folks.

Marval

I need work
ill o.g.
Very good question i am gonna say Production is harder.
But both have there own challenges for sure. Peace

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
but maybe i'd think different if i had a producer feeding me with tight ass beats, and the only thing i'd have to do is to get inspired ;)

members online