Just Bleeeeeeeeeezy

ualreadyknoo

ill o.g.
AceProductions said:
Yo Just Blaze is so fuckin ill. He is one of the reasons I wanted to get into beats in the 1st place. As a matter of fact, I've been studying his shit as of late. This shit is influential.

I been doing the samething lately..."This shit is influential" i agree

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
just so everybody knows, Equality has a different taste.... and his forte is much different then most, i get where he is coming from..... .

although dont necessarily agree. i love just and think he is far from average....but e.q just has a dfiferent standard for greatness..... and anyone who wonder, peep rjd2's deadringer, and you'll see why justblaze didnt really impress him.

thats an album of amazing instrumentals- creative sampling, tremendous depth of digging and an original sound....... and the man is a true composer of samples....

just is awesome to me though. i'm just sayin, before everyone jumps on EQ for his opinion, you gotta see his perspective.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
ummm actually, they are very different. blaze usually loops from one source while RJD2 makes full songs with many samples from varying sources and has lots of change ups and progressions... just pulls mainly from arena rock and soul while RJD2 mines from everything under the sun... classic rock, doo wop, folk, jazz, swing, soul, synth pop, uses vocals,you name it he does it.....

i personally feel that they are both equally dope but rj has much more complex songs (that dont sound cluttered) that are much more structured and really stand alone better then just to me.....

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Cold Truth said:
ummm actually, they are very different. blaze usually loops from one source while RJD2 makes full songs with many samples from varying sources and has lots of change ups and progressions... just pulls mainly from arena rock and soul while RJD2 mines from everything under the sun... classic rock, doo wop, folk, jazz, swing, soul, synth pop, uses vocals,you name it he does it.....

i personally feel that they are both equally dope but rj has much more complex songs (that dont sound cluttered) that are much more structured and really stand alone better then just to me.....

thats my point they are both good at there own thing but you can't really say just blaze is average just because of RJD2 wen they are both doing different things !

Streetwize

Beat Architects !
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 49
i know what sorta music E likes. im sure hes a big fan of people like madlib, rjd2, etc. i also am a fan. yes, i appreciate the time and effort in what they do. but i dont care what anyone says, you cant say that the beats just blaze doesnt make are hot, not all of them but definetely some of them, regardless of how and what they are made with. like i said before, if someone does some crazy shit with a sample and does all sorts of shit to it, and the beat is wack, and you compare that with someone who loops a sample and adds drums and a bassline and it sounds hot, i will go with the one that sounds hot.

if its hot, its hot

thats it, end of story

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
i guess i fit that mold...... although i dont "hate" kanye, i simply cant stand his solo shit..... cause i a like a lot of beats from him, but i dont ride on everything that he does.

but just is far better to me and my tastes.

members online