Kanye West Is Wack And The Album Sucks

• beat this! (may 15-16) signup begins in...

IS KANYE WEST A HOT PRODUCER?

• YES

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • NO

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
DOES ANYONE FELL THE SAME WAY AS ME?
KANYE WEST IS A MODERN DAY PETE ROCK
HE CANT MAKE A BEAT WITHOUT LOOPING SOME OLD SOUL SAMPLE AND THROWING SOME DRUMS ON IT (THATS NOT CREATIVE)
HES NOT DIVERSE AND NOT CREATIVITE
HIS ALBUM IS WACK
HE WONT BE IN THIS GAME LONG

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
GOTTA ADMIT...I LIKE KANYE'S BEATS, SOME R HOT.....BUT A HIT IS A HIT IS A HIT...LIKE THE THRU THE WIRE BULLSHIT, ANYONE CAN DO IT, BUT IT SELLS AND MAKES MONEY............AS FAR A LYRICS GO.....HE IS THE WACKKKKKKKKKKKKKESSSSST MUTHA F**KA OUT THERE.............F**K HIM.............INCOG

bluntology

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
he cant rap

but he is a hot producer ur a fool if u think otherwise

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by incogneeto
LIKE THE THRU THE WIRE BULLSHIT, ANYONE CAN DO IT, BUT IT SELLS AND MAKES MONEY

Nah, anyone can't. That beat was coo and a good ass idea. There's a lot of stuff people CAN do, but they don't think of it, and that's what creativity is.

E

Equality 7-2521

hes overrated. for example, some poeple think he is amazing.

but

hes a god rapper and a good producer.

what are you guys on about.

who are you feeling ART?

tony needles

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Kanye ain't weak. i give em props, because regardless of whether he samples or not, you gotta admit the niggas got skills. What i dont like bout kanye is his f***** arrogance. this cat has released one album, and he thinks he's changed the production game. keep doin it consistently to put your name up there with raps best producers.

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Haha funny this post started today cuz I actually just picked up the album today and I have to say I was dissapointed. The beats are avg and the lyrics are avg as well. I dont hate the album but I don't think its as good as it could be. I definately agree the mans overated now. I know a bunch of kiddies who dont know jack about hip hop who think hes the greatest guy ever and thats who he appeals too.

Treynine39

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I don't think it's the hottest album, but it is far from the worst out there. I actully think the album is entertaining. It's just a plain, nothing spectacular album. But I really can't down it. I just didn't like the over-hype on it saying it was the best since OutKast's last album. If it didn't get the push. it did, I don't think we would be sitting here bashing it right now.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by ART MPC 4000
HE CANT MAKE A BEAT WITHOUT LOOPING SOME OLD SOUL SAMPLE AND THROWING SOME DRUMS ON IT (THATS NOT CREATIVE)
HES NOT DIVERSE AND NOT CREATIVITE
HIS ALBUM IS WACK
HE WONT BE IN THIS GAME LONG

yo man, your entitled to your opinion

in my opinion though, "College Dropout" is the best album I've heard in a looong time and it's a personal classic to me.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
I just got the CD
itz ok.....I'm gonna swap it out for something else.
these days itz just hard to get excited over anything anymore.

Muzik

SouthBound
ill o.g.
I dont really like tha joint if ya ask me... Hes to overrated and hyped out got to admit though He would go platnum for Promotions publistity!!!
I agree wit ya Joe.... If its wak.. take it back!!!! LOL....

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
Re: Re: Kanye West Is Wack And The Album Sucks

Originally posted by N.U.G.
yo man, your entitled to your opinion

in my opinion though, "College Dropout" is the best album I've heard in a looong time and it's a personal classic to me.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO....

... THE CRONIC IS A CLASIC, THE CRONIC 2001 IS A CLASIC, DOGGY STYLE IS A CLASIC, ILLMATIC IS A CLASIC, READY TO DIE IS A CLASIC, LIFE AFTER DEATH IS A CLASSIC, THERE IS NO WHY THAT COLLAGE DROPOUT IS EVEN ON THE LEVEL OF ANY OF THESE ALBUMS

PERIOD

Originally posted by Mr. Messenger
hes overrated. for example, some poeple think he is amazing.

but

hes a god rapper and a good producer.

what are you guys on about.

who are you feeling ART?

IM FELLIN:

LUDACRIS
EMINEM
DR. DRE
BIGGIE

BUT PRODUCTION WISE I LIKE:

DR. DRE
HAVOC
D.J. PREMIER
ALCHAMIS (I THINK I SPELLED IT WRONG)

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i agree wit N.U.G ....kanyes album is the best album ive heard in awhile .. a personal classic for me too ..i feel the excat same way..the beats are dope and i think he's got skillz on da mic.. i like his flow its diffrent and he talks the truth in his ryhmes ..his shit deals witt real life situations ..i have a strong personal tie to his lyrics cuz i wwent through alot of the same shit he did minus the car accident..hehe ..but his shit is dope to me.. the beats r sik and truthful ryhmes i cant ask for more

TrustNo1

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
like i been sayin...some sample that SOMEONE ELSE MADE...and a shitty drum loop...is NOT production.

boneyboys

50 Million Year Trip
ill o.g.
I gotta side with the guys sitting on the fence, for recent mainstream production it's a cut above most of what you hear, but if you put it agains any really great production it just doesn't stand up. It's hell listenable anyway, which is more than I can say for a lot of what I hear on the radio these days.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by ART MPC 4000
HE CANT MAKE A BEAT WITHOUT LOOPING SOME OLD SOUL SAMPLE

1) I'm listening to your beats and it sounds like your doing the same thing.

2) Are you saying Pete rock is wack?

3)you sound like a hater

4) you sound like a poser

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
i think kanye is a dope producer. he set a trend that many producers now follow, ie flippin soul samples etc... i think the album is aight, but not wack! its not a classic but i wudn't call it WACK!
i just didnt know peeps was hatin on him this much, but why? cuz he flips soul samples n makes it look easy. ive tried emulating what he does and it werent easy for me. mayb if i put the time he devoted to perfecting his style id come out wit sumtin that sounds like the beats he makes. overall i think he's a good creative producer, he isnt the 'quincy jones of hiphop' like he says but he's a dope producer

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
Originally posted by TrustNo1
like i been sayin...some sample that SOMEONE ELSE MADE...and a shitty drum loop...is NOT production.
YES YES YES...

OH MY GOD YOU ARE SO RIGHT YOE ARE GETTIN PAID OFF LOOPING SOMETHING THAT WAS ALREADY HOT

WHERES YOUR SKILL AND CREATIVITY

Originally posted by afriquedeluxe
i think kanye is a dope producer. he set a trend that many producers now follow, ie flippin soul samples etc... i think the album is aight, but not wack! its not a classic but i wudn't call it WACK!
i just didnt know peeps was hatin on him this much, but why? cuz he flips soul samples n makes it look easy. ive tried emulating what he does and it werent easy for me. mayb if i put the time he devoted to perfecting his style id come out wit sumtin that sounds like the beats he makes. overall i think he's a good creative producer, he isnt the 'quincy jones of hiphop' like he says but he's a dope producer

HE HASNT SET A TREND HES DOING SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS REMEMBER: PETE ROCK, MARLY MARL, TRIBE CALLED QUEST, DE LA SOL THEY ALL MADE LOOPS OF HOT SOUL SAMPLES INTO TRACKS WHERE IS KANYE WEST A TRENDSETTER?

THOSE BEATS ARE THE EASIEST TO MAKE IT TAKES NO SKILL TO MAKE THEM. IF YOU WANT EMULATE SOMEONE WHY NOT DRE SOMEONE WITH SKILL AND CREATIVITY.

Originally posted by Manji
1) I'm listening to your beats and it sounds like your doing the same thing.

2) Are you saying Pete rock is wack?

3)you sound like a hater

4) you sound like a poser

1) YEA BUT THATS NOT ALL I CAN DO OR DO

2)NO PETE ROCK ISNT WACK BUT HIS STYLE OF BEATS ARE PLAYED OUT. HE DIDNT CHANGE WITH THE TIMES AND HE GOT PLAYER OUT. SO WILL KANYE WEST

3)I DONT HATE HES MADE HOT TRACKS (GUESS WHOS BACK, JUST TO GET BY) BUT WHERE IS HIS VERSILTITY?

4)A WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online