KRK's Bitches!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Hey a quick question:

Is it bad to monitor with tha speakers on their sides?....Ive seen some studios where they do that and i was considering it with tha space conditions i have inside my tiny room....Right now tha monitors are upright and almost where they should be, but not totally right.....The tweaters are still about 6 inches above my eyes , thats why i asked basically, being that there nearfield monitors...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
It shouldnt be a problem, I dont think the dome tweeters are based on fluids ( in that case you have to unmount them and make them stand upside again when monitor is placed on his side). This is an issue on genelecs for example.

A

ACEBEATZ

You can mix like that but put tweeters by the outside.

Holla Ace

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
So that all drivers are leveled at earhight, It makes sense if you think about it. Just try it out for yourself and see if you hear the difference ( this does depend on how the room is build, acousticly prepared or not makes hellofa contrast).

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Right....As far as acoustically prepared..Well...Its not, but tha room itself has a descent amount repsonse. Obviously it could be better.....Are u sure about tha tweaters Form?.....I vaguely remember something about liquid tweats??...I could very well be wrong.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Well, looking at the shape of the tweeter its seems impossible to place it up if you set the monitors on it's side. And I do mean the KRK's, if you look at a Genelec you notice that both drivers aren't mounted close to eachother opposed to the KRK where the speaker's shape runn into the other speaker. So that gives you the possibility to set them on it's side meaning if/when the KRK tweeter's dome is liquid based you cant place em on it side, due to the shape.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Man, that sux....and i did a little research to double check on tha tweaters and they are filled with some shit called ferro fluid.....So, im not really familiar with fluid based tweaters but im assuming from what u described that tha fluid only sits one way and isnt supposed to go any other???....Oh well i guess ill make due...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
well, you can always check with the support guys at KRK, they should know best if the fluid messes when placed flat or in different angle.

In any case you still get stuck on the shape of the tweeter.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Good News!------I contacted support at KRK and the fellas over there explained that its perfectly fine to set tha monitors in their sides!:)......I immediatly tried it that way after reading my email and im pleased to say tha Hi Freq sounds are much more evident and everything sounds more full!

Thanks for tha help Form.

members online