Latest Release FL Studio 21.2 is FIRE

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
13 came out today , will be updating soon. Good to see another cubase user. Not so many use Cubase, but it does nearly everything I need from a DAW.
I think I'll pass on the update unless it has something that I really need.

I think I'll pass on the update unless it has something that I really need.
I haven't even had a chance to check out what's new yet. If there isn't anything to justify the cost of the upgrade I'll probably wait it out until the next one. The not needing a dongle any more was enough for me to upgrade to 12.

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
I haven't even had a chance to check out what's new yet. If there isn't anything to justify the cost of the upgrade I'll probably wait it out until the next one. The not needing a dongle any more was enough for me to upgrade to 12.
That's the same reason why I got Cubase 12. Back when I had Cubase 9 which was my first DAW, I hated the dongle and went over to Reason and eventually FL Studio as a result. Afterwards I figured I give Cubase another chance and 12 came in just in time.

Earsblower

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 17
all plugins version. i have signature and Im missing other plugins like im producer edition mode even those signature does has its perks, I almost went back to the hack version :cool:
I see the differences between versions on their websites but since I do not know much about it, what would be the most useful ones included only in the All in one ? Like the ones that would prove it's worth paying for the big upgrades ?

I see the differences between versions on their websites but since I do not know much about it, what would be the most useful ones included only in the All in one ? Like the ones that would prove it's worth paying for the big upgrades ?
FL Studio All Plugins Edition if you use all of Flstudio (mixing plugins not vsts) like that if not get signature bundle. I don't use all the plugins like that so i have signature bundle. Its a deal going on also

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
There's no single DAW that checks all the boxes for me which is why I stick to Studio One + Bitwig. They've also introduced a new file format (.DAWproject) which is interchangeable between both DAW's which is amazing because I can create, mix and master between my favorite DAW's seamlessly. As for the new FL features:

FL Cloud: How is this any better than splice.com?
Automated Mastering: Learn how to mix/master properly. Enough said.
Stem Seperation: Serato Sample 2 can extract different stems from samples beginning version 2 and it's way more versatile

As for the other FL features...I barely touch the instrument or audio FX VST's that are bundled with any DAW I use so that's not really a plus for me.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
all plugins version. i have signature and Im missing other plugins like im producer edition mode even those signature does has its perks, I almost went back to the hack version :cool:
90% of the FL bundled plugins are either useless or have muuuch better alternatives out there. I really only ever use parametric eq 2 and fruity limiter (for sidechaining). Sometimes Effector for filtering as well cause i like the UI, and it makes automation easy being a base FL plugin.

Youd be better off buying the lesser versions and going with non FL plugins, particularly cause the 24th is black friday.

There's no single DAW that checks all the boxes for me which is why I stick to Studio One + Bitwig. They've also introduced a new file format (.DAWproject) which is interchangeable between both DAW's which is amazing because I can create, mix and master between my favorite DAW's seamlessly. As for the new FL features:

FL Cloud: How is this any better than splice.com?
Automated Mastering: Learn how to mix/master properly. Enough said.
Stem Seperation: Serato Sample 2 can extract different stems from samples beginning version 2 and it's way more versatile

As for the other FL features...I barely touch the instrument or audio FX VST's that are bundled with any DAW I use so that's not really a plus for me.
So Studio One stole the OMF concept (by making DAWproject) that been in ever programs since the ice age. FL Cloud is dope for FLstudio because you dont have to leave the program or get copyright strikes like you do in splice. Serato Sample extract is dope but FL studio is a lot cleaner than serato and I dont have to goto another folder and drag stems to my program.

If you dont have this setup or something close to it for mastering... stop it
_06A1892+23.jpg

Its nothing wrong with using digital mastering and from a lot of beats that I heard on here I only hear a low few people mastering there beats on here. Producer and artist don't realize how much spotify, youtube, tidal etc change the quality of their music because they dont know the require LUFS to use in a song and flstudio is the first to give out the cheat code.

Last edited:

members online