LeBron to the Heat!

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
dont be surprised if this becomes the norm now... take a few less millions, team up with 1 or 2 more superstars, and chase tha RING!!! only 1 or 2 teams are gonna benefit from it every few yrs... the players couldve BEEN doin that if they werent so money hungry.

da relic

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
dont be surprised if this becomes the norm now... take a few less millions, team up with 1 or 2 more superstars, and chase tha RING!!! only 1 or 2 teams are gonna benefit from it every few yrs... the players couldve BEEN doin that if they werent so money hungry.

da relic

I think its already happening tho

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
no... it usually happens when the player is much older, a shell of his former self at times, and he takes the pay cut... we are NOW talkin bout much younger players in their prime, and can still command big salaries... thats what im talkin bout.

da relic

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
its not JUST the players though....moving a roster around to accommodate THREE players who command max contracts is very difficult, and if you dont have a town like Miami where there is no state tax its even more difficult.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
I think Lebron fucked himself big time. He could've stayed in Cleveland and been the man...same if he went to NY or Chicago. Either of those teams would've been his no questions asked. Instead...he's going to be a glorified Scottie Pippen to Wade's Jordan. So no matter how many rings he wins...he'll never be considered one of the greats. Jordan said it best..he said he never would've joined Bird or Magic..he wanted to beat them. Even if Wade would've joined Lebron in Chicago...at least they could've competed to see who's the man of the team. But Miami is Wade County. Lebron's a sidekick and an extreme herb if you ask me. Did you see the ESPN interview...him and Bosh had on matching summer suits while Wade sat in the middle with a Boss' suit on. Bosh and Lebron look like Wade's back up dancers. Miami's got themselves a boy band.
If they don't win the championship every year it's going to be a major choke job I don't care what anyone has to say. Lebron ruined any chance at having a Jordan like legacy.

Yes, I'm a Knicks fan so I'm definitely a lil salty. But as I said earlier...had he gone to Chicago or stayed in Cleveland I would've been fine with that. To be honest, this move shows he doesn't have the heart (or balls) to play in NY anyway. I'd rather Melo and Chris Paul join A'mare at the Garden. I think they've got what it takes...Lebron definitely does not. Have fun Scotti......uh Lebron.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
well... the way the NBA is rite now, dont be surprised if they threaten 70 wins in the next few yrs... also, that 33 game winning streak the Lakers had with Wilt and Jerry West also could be in trouble... remember, theyre gonna have some yrs 2gether... as long as they stay healthy.

da relic

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
I rarely agree with Skip Bayless but he hit the nail on the head. Lebron is a Robin looking for Batman. He's scared he wouldn't win as the best player and clear cut leader of a team. Instead...he's content with being a sidekick. It's actually disgusting how much of a cop out that is. I always hated Kobe Bryant...but after Lebron's "Decision" I instantly gained respect for Kobe and realized Lebron isn't on his level and never will be. Even if he outplays Kobe head to head because Kobe doesn't play with Wade. Kobe had Shaq removed from the Lakers so he can have the team to himself....then won 2 rings.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
All you're seeing is personal legacy, theres more at play. Basketball is a team sport, they just created (statistically etc) the best team they could. NO ONE will ever be better than Jordan, we'll see if anyone will EVER be a Miami Heat. The world is moving away from individual competition and moving towards social, community, oriented things. Look at music, media, internet. Its bigger than the "star" now

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Well...here we go..

Yes, his legacy will be tainted since he left Cleveland to play with Wade and Bosh in Miami....

I think LeBron's fear isn't "being like Mike/Kobe"....I think he was trying to avoid being Dan Marino...One of the best ever...and never won a ring....

People talk about how great Peyton Manning is...John Elway....Brett Favre...and they are all great....but Marino gets lost in that mix....why? He never won a championship....Jim Kelly of the Bills was a great quarterback....but doesn't get mentioned for his greatness..only because he lost 4 straight SBs. People talk about Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Jordan, etc...because they've all won rings...People forget the Ewings, Malones, Stocktons, Barkleys (only speak of him because he's a commentator, now). Lebron doesn't want to fall into that category..

Cleveland isn't the place for LeBron, anymore...That place can't bring in the big names it needs because the city actually kinda sucks from what I hear, the weather is always cold. At least Chicago is a nicer and bigger city....the market is bigger there. I think Chicago would've been the spot for him.....but I think that he would be compared to Mike way too much in that city and probably didn't want the pressure....Same thing with NY...Stoudamire isn't enough to win a ring with LeBron...supporting cast is garbage..with coaching that doesn't stress defense (which wins championships).

If he wants to be Pippen, then let him be Pippen...Pippen is the best SF in the history of the game (in my opinion). Also won 6 rings and came close once w/o Mike. Even without Mike, he excelled... Let's see what happens in "wade county" this upcoming season...only then could we make a good assessment on the situation.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
The problem I have is that lebron is a two time MVP the players should come play with him not vice versa.

But that being said Wade and Bosh have never won league MVP and never will, Lebron is still the best player on the team. By the all star break ESPN will be calling them Lebron and the Heat.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
LOL @ some of ya'll. I swear cause of the they hype bron has got since he was a kid people got him fucked up. Dude coulda been the man anywhere but guess what HE DID NOT WANT TO BE THE MAN....big deal. You guys thinks he if wins a few championships with the heat that he WONT be remembered as great? LMFAO! wow.

I been telling people for 7 years that he aint the alpha that the media makes him out to be, he appears that way cause he is a spoiled lil bitch....Dude has been told that he is gonna be the next jordan since he was in 6th grade....He is now "mature" (for lack of a better word) to see that aint him......Dude has a horrible record in the clutch, he quits during playoff games....D-Wade did more against Boston with a team fulla guys like Carlos Arroyo and Dorrell Wright than Bron could do with the team with the number one record in the NBA! Where bron quit, wade fought till the end....so much so in game five dude had to get an IV because of dehydration.

Think about that for a minute....Wade won a championship in a GRAND fashion, check ur espn countdowns...Dude was the leading scorer for redeem team OFF THE BENCH.

Bron is a lot like Dwight Howard in that his body and athleticism are so much more advanced than that of so many NBA players that it is easy for fans to confuse that athleticism and, especially in brons case, combination of SPEED and SIZE, with the kind of tools that make a guy like Kobe, Wade, or Jordan great.

Guys like Kobe, Jordan, and Wade have that killer instinct they NEVER stop competing, they dont leave town to win....they attract the talent.

The evidence is on the table....Bron has always been a second option type player with glaring first option talent, thats why he couldnt win in cleavland, he was in the wrong role...

Ya'll are gonna see though....the only reason why some of yall are confused is because the last 4 years the heat have been nationally televised maybe 13 times....That aint gonna be the case any longer, and you'll realize it was Wade all along.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Whats funny is people saying Lebron quit on his team and he had a triple double that game 27pts, 19rbs, 10asst (I had to look it up). Those are not the numbers of someone who quit. I've been watching basketball my whole life and never once have I seen someone get a triple double and everyone says he gave up, what more could he have done?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
^^^ I said the same thing.

I think it's just that he is that good. Just like when kobe scored 61 in NY. Then Lebron scored a triple double that was taken away from him by the league and he scored 50. That dude is a beast. Who else has had a triple double where they scored 50 points?

Wade was hand picked by Jordan to carry the brand. I always knew Wade was ill.

But look at what happened to Wade once Shaq left... can't win.

Cats are learning man. Doesn't matter how ill you are, you need options on your team. Coaches are getting to good at zeroing on a teams weak point. I think it started with the Hack-A-Shaq. Teams are good at seeing the obvious and adapting. Wade needed help. He got Lebron and Bosh. Lebron never really had great options in Cleveland. He went to Miami where all the help he needs is waiting.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Bron coulda played with the same intensity that got him those numbers...thats the my whole point...i watched that game man, dude was going thru the motions the last 8 mi utes of the game, everybody who saw it saw the same thing.

Bron's number are very very decieving in that respect....He puts up the numbers of a legend but in reality he his a complimentary player. Pay attention this year, you'll see.

Wade without shaq is a different story cause the day we traded for shawn marion riley was at work clearing up cap space for three max contracts in 2010. Wade never had a chance cause the only players riley would look at were guys who had expiring contracts this year...Bron on the other hand had a VERY motivated orginization, plenty of weapons, and still came up with zero cause dude aint it.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I agree that Lebron shut down. It was obvious. They highlighted it on ESPN. They showed him literally hanging out around half court and watching his team run plays without him. A hall of fame player close to the organization has confirmed the rumors of his Mom sleeping with players.

If that is true, I don't blame him shutting down.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah but i dont think we know for sure, and with the way the cavs management used to lick lebrons booty I would think he coulda got West shipped outta town if that was true, dont you?

I think its more realistic that he just has that tin man/dirk n. type heart

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Maybe Lebron shutdown when he realized he was doing all this work and wasnt getting any help. People have those days at work sometimes, you busting your azz and everyone else is just watching and bullshitin.