Less sampled records/genres...

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
trebeatz said:
theres a reason for that

there is... its hella hard. ive spent a lot of time trying to develope a technique for getting something tight out of almost any hard rock song... i think im getting something. because that resource is largely untapped by todays beatmakres.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
theres only a few cases where i've heard a hard rock beat sample go hard.

Game - red Bandana

and that trick daddy sample from ozzy

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
^ yea. like how the heatmakers do it.

but that trick daddy beat required virtually no skill haha. he jsut sampled the intro of an ozzy osbourne song

S

serious?

i sample free samples at the grocery store mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm BITCH!!!

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
theres only a few cases where i've heard a hard rock beat sample go hard.

Game - red Bandana

and that trick daddy sample from ozzy

What about all the old Run DMC stuff, Beastie Boys - and countless other tracks from that era, older Cypress Hill stuff sampled rock stuff - then stuff like RJD2 too.....

I'd personally be hesitant to say rock isn't a very sampled genre.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
im speaking in terms of current hip hop.

run dmc had ALOT of dope rock beats. but the style of rockin is different, so alot of todyas artists wouldnt be able to rock it as hard. So i only meant for todays mainstream.

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Thanks for all the suggestions people, it has given me a few ideas.

I agree with emeezy though, it can be hard at times to find a heavy metal without those real hard drums. But I havent really tried it myself though, I should one day.......would be interesting.

C

ctrlzproduction

Title: Studio Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodybastid
HEAVY METAL...no one ever samples that

theres a reason for that

?????????????????????????????what??????????????????????????????
theres plenty of tracks with heavy metal samples, one of the last i've heard com from the new album from afu-ra. the main sample from a song is from judas priest "breaking the law", i think also in the talib kwelibeautifulstrugge there's a sample voice from lacuna coil or a group like that, but i'm not sure about that and i bet there's alot more of thing that comes out from metal bands, i recommend especially sample some heavy drums i think they has very hot bass drums and guitar riffs, not to talk about the symphonic metal thing with very nice intros with synths, pianos violins and all this kind of orchesrtral thing, for me every kind of music is susceptible to be sampled, the important thing is what do you build with these soundpieces

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ctrlzproduction said:
?????????????????????????????what??????????????????????????????
theres plenty of tracks with heavy metal samples, one of the last i've heard com from the new album from afu-ra. the main sample from a song is from judas priest "breaking the law", i think also in the talib kwelibeautifulstrugge there's a sample voice from lacuna coil or a group like that, but i'm not sure about that and i bet there's alot more of thing that comes out from metal bands, i recommend especially sample some heavy drums i think they has very hot bass drums and guitar riffs, not to talk about the symphonic metal thing with very nice intros with synths, pianos violins and all this kind of orchesrtral thing, for me every kind of music is susceptible to be sampled, the important thing is what do you build with these soundpieces

well the words heavy metal were said, so i assumed he meant HEAVY METAL, i have sampled power/quest metal before, but thats diff from a lot of shit people would consider heavy, ex. black/doom/grind

B

Burna

Vince said:
I only sample other hip-hop instrumentals...it's dope. You don't have to anything except loop a couple of bars.

damn im have to agree with you and precog on this. shit most def. genius!

ill o.g.
I just thought of something fun to do with Heavy Metal. Find a drum lops from a black/death/grindcore etc alblum. And SlOW it down. those drummers ARE CRAZY. Probabley some of the best. That would be crazy. But it would hace to be slowed down A LOT.

BTW I sample A LOT of Punk. Not Blink-182 or whatever.. like real true punk. My friend Tyrell just got done with a beat he sampled from The Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The U.K. Its a Crazy beat.

Bully Beatz

ill o.g.
what to sample?

im starting to look into a lot of foriegn records, children's song and dance records, HELL i even been sampling Country music records