let me see your rack

I never add the mastering suite until I have added most of the elements to my track and they dont peak.
The mastering suite IMO isnt to be used to make something bad sound good, it is to make some thing good sound better. I always use the default mastering suite, then tweak it until Im happy with it.
Nowadays if im going to mix in pro tools or any other mixing program then I dont use the mastering suite at all.
I usually have a reverb and a compressor and a delay as 3 of my send effects.
I use a compressor as a send to enhance drums(especially kick) basslines and anything else as appropriate really.

R

Ricochet Sotek

Hey wsup. I'll try to post a few later on. But I am noticing that I ever so often change my rack. I have a main one I use now, with a MClass mastering patch, with a Scream set to tape connected within it cuz I like to give my tracks that dirty gritty feel at times. i have a Combinator with the MPC 2500 backdrop, that is home to 2 Redrums, 4 Line Mixers (One each for Kicks, Snares, Hats/Shakers, and Percussion) and then a main drum mixer. Then I have a Dr. Rex just to get ideas going quickly and a Main mixer. And then in addition to my main drums, I also have simulated OH and Room mics which is simply just my drums split into and efx combi patch to give it the sound of room mics and OH Mics. I really beefs up your drums. I actually may start doing that for other instruments too.

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I first use a reMix mixer so I can have a channel for each drum track and for each drum track I have a MClass Equalizer on it. Then I chain that mixer to the other mixer that is for the sounds.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
i have a few templates i use depending on what im doing
let me see if i can up load them
the first one is all nn-19
the second one is for quick shit on da fly

its called the nn-19
then the second one is called quick

i use the quick one alot!!
but then replace the rex player with the nn-xt when im getting into shit hard!
sorry for the delay been working 2 jobs!
but here they go!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9rpvp4

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Keep mine pretty simple.

Top to bottom it's;

reMIX mixer (For all my general channels)

Dr.Rex Loop Player (Obviously for my Recycle files)

reMIX mixer (I use this for my drums, the main output of this mixer going into my main mixer)

Redrum (Each drum sound getting its own channel the reMIX mixer above it)

So that's what I start with, generally adding FX, NNXT's etc as I go, depending on what i'm doing with the track.

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i got mastering suite at the top along with a two band eq.

then master line mixer which is connected to two mixers. one for drums and one for instruments.

since theres 14 channels on a mixer i have two redrums with each drum channel routed to its own two band eq, routed to its own mixer channel. really lets u get ur drums sounding how u want everry time so u dont settle.

then i have the first drum mixer channel (where i usually put my bass kick) going to a side chain comp i made for the instrument mixer to compress all the instruments/samples on the bass kick.
i keep that side chain on bypass on default but occasionally i throw it on for a track.

basically my template is realll convenient so i can just chop samples load patches and play.

PEACE

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey wsup. I'll try to post a few later on. But I am noticing that I ever so often change my rack. I have a main one I use now, with a MClass mastering patch, with a Scream set to tape connected within it cuz I like to give my tracks that dirty gritty feel at times. i have a Combinator with the MPC 2500 backdrop, that is home to 2 Redrums, 4 Line Mixers (One each for Kicks, Snares, Hats/Shakers, and Percussion) and then a main drum mixer. Then I have a Dr. Rex just to get ideas going quickly and a Main mixer. And then in addition to my main drums, I also have simulated OH and Room mics which is simply just my drums split into and efx combi patch to give it the sound of room mics and OH Mics. I really beefs up your drums. I actually may start doing that for other instruments too.

Yo fam anyway I can get a copy of that MPC 2500 Combinator Backdrop?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I start with an empty rack everytime. Templates got to be a hassle cuz i'm always making different tracks for different purposes.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
6 Mixers (1 for drums,bass,synths,fx etc then a i have one for sub mix and a main mix)
1 Eq per unit
1 rv7000 per unit
1 Maximizer per unit

Sounds a like a lot but its how i worked in hardware space so hey
Want a copy of it send me a pm

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
6 Mixers (1 for drums,bass,synths,fx etc then a i have one for sub mix and a main mix)
1 Eq per unit
1 rv7000 per unit
1 Maximizer per unit

Sounds a like a lot but its how i worked in hardware space so hey
Want a copy of it send me a pm

u have a reverb through each device? why not just route it through the mixer so u only need one and turn up the knob when u want reverb. plus a device routed through reverb directly sounds weird and delayed.