Lil Wayne - Tha Carter 3

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I take 7 Mc's put em in a line, then add 7 more brothers who think they can rhyme , well it'll take 7 more before I go for mine and thats 21 Mc's ate up ate the same time.

That shit is sooooo classic its still untouchable as far as establishing oneself as a bad ass MC.
MF'r was using mathematics and shit. lol

One of the best Mc's I have heard in awhile (actually a couple) have come from mixtape links from this site.
Lemme see if I can find dudes name again and I'll post it up.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
That sounds a lil' disconnected from reality. It's not like that but you'll take it the way you hear it. Maybe I'm wrong but I interpreted what you said to mean you believe people in general should see things from your point of view. If I'm right, that just isn't realistic bro. There are folks out there that would consider DJ Smurf (producer of the Ying Yang Twins) to be a better producer than Just Blaze. A lot of us would argue otherwise, while those that disagree would still have the right to believe what they believe. Who cares, I know what it is. T. I. said he's the King, King of what? They're just words. That is not my opinion nor is it that of any large majority of people. But there are those that will argue the point with you, all having different viewpoints and motivators as to why they feel he's the best. I can't tell those people they're wrong. They believe what they believe and we all have that right. If I asked 30 people from 30 different areas of the country, who the top 3 rappers of all time are, do you think the answer for the most part be the same? No. Everyone's got an opinion, no matter what you may think of yourself as an emcee or a producer. If you got skills, that's a start, but you have to become a "total and complete" package to have success (underground or otherwise). I don't know that thirty of your hardest scrolls would beat 30 of Wayne's hardest scrolls. I haven't heard your hardest and I can't say if I've heard his hardest. I know that I wouldn't assume to know. I don't have faith. I need evidence. Ez my dude.

Oh yeah fellas... don't get bent out of shape. We're conversing, nothing personal (that goes for you as well Fury).

Out

Look, it is what it is Sven. Opinions are opinions. I def feel what you mean tho. It's all relative.

AT least we can "talk" about it and not let that shit bother us,,,,if it did bother me,,,I"m in the wrong business, feel me?

PS:

"Put Ya Wons Up"- Some hard shit,,lol.

S

Svenghali

Look, it is what it is Sven. Opinions are opinions. I def feel what you mean tho. It's all relative.

AT least we can "talk" about it and not let that shit bother us,,,,if it did bother me,,,I"m in the wrong business, feel me?

PS:

"Put Ya Wons Up"- Some hard shit,,lol.

That's what's up Stress. Some folk are willing to die for this shit, not me. It just ain't that serious. I'm good. I'll see you in the comps my dude. Put Ya Wons Up is right. Keep doing ya thing homie. It's time to infiltrate!

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Again, where are you goin'? I'm not mad, a discussion of ideas is ok to have, but your anger is clouding this conversation. When I said the "god mc" and I referred to Rakim, there was no way you could misinterpret that? That's why I said you "sound like a novice". See, it wasn't about your interpretation of a "god mc" today. I've never heard that term used nor did I know there were different versions of Webster's that gave different definitions. You sound like a bitter dude. And I'm sorry for what may have happened to you to make you so impassioned, but alot us have been there too, we just are not crying about it. Those dudes know who they are and won't take offense to what I'm sayin' cause they know it's not directed towards them. They know the best way to teach any one is to show them how, not crab about shit that happened to them. It's all about the decisions we make in life. Some make the right moves, then some of us made a few wrong moves. But Jay-Z said "you gotta learn to live with regrets". I have, maybe you should. All the "angry guy" stuff can ride, beefin' is a waste of energy. It's a new day. If you read my post, then read yours there is a disconnect. Maybe you have all the answers, so "I'll humble myself" in your presence next time "God".

Nah, D, It wasn't meant that way. I was merely agreeing with you fam. Read the post again. And if it still comes off that way to you then, know I didn't mean it that way. Man, everyone's duckin' but I ain't shootin'. Read my posts. I said in my previous post you have the right to your opinion, but I was referring to the number of people who jump on don't even post beats s that are grindin' it out on the "mainstream" side of things. Often these dudes are complaining but ain't doin' nothin' pro actively to change it. That's MY OPINION and I respect yours and the right for you to have it. Stress took offense to something I said that wasn't meant to offend. But he chose to take offense to that and it seems that everyone is way tied up emotionally in this kind of conversation. I'm sorry if it offends, but I'm not talkin' Lil Wayne in the "gutter" section where more traditional and "underground" emcees are being discussed. I was talkin' bout judging the dude in the realm in which HE walks. His competition is T.I., Rick Ross, and folks like that. I don't mix my drinks, The Roots and Mos Def aren't in the same conversation as 50 or Fat Joe. I didn't think that needed to be stated in the "mainstream section". Maybe I'm wrong. As far as me addressing "God", he took what I said in a whole nother direction and was coming off aggressively. So I checked him and he thinks I'm blowin' steam over this. Dude, I'm way past that. I'll just not get too deep in the posts round here.

Be ez.

LMAO. Please man - I ain't angry over any beef. I have enough money to not give a fuck. You're making it seem that way by your saying it. I personally couldn't give a fuck about your opinion, because it's just one person's opinion - but all I'm saying is Illmuzik has people that make bread and money that are actually professionals themselves.

What I was elucidating to was something that I'm sure a lot of people would want to be in a position to do.

And honestly, you don't know me and I don't know you. So I'll stay "checked" by your enlightening "svengali" behind the scenes pulling the strings knowledge.

Take it easy.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
LMAO. Please man - I ain't angry over any beef. I have enough money to not give a fuck. You're making it seem that way by your saying it. I personally couldn't give a fuck about your opinion, because it's just one person's opinion - but all I'm saying is Illmuzik has people that make bread and money that are actually professionals themselves.

What I was elucidating to was something that I'm sure a lot of people would want to be in a position to do.

And honestly, you don't know me and I don't know you. So I'll stay "checked" by your enlightening "svengali" behind the scenes pulling the strings knowledge.

Take it easy.

Come on G! U come with way to good info to even stoop to this level. Both u guys have "strong" opinions....why not leave it at that? Somebody has to be the bigger man here!!!!!!!

SAVE THE BEEF FOR SOUTH KOREA!

T

TheMost

So a few months later this record has been out, the singles are all out presumably. Lil wayne mania is runing wild how does everyone feel about this record.

I think its the best record of 08 and probbaly since 06.
Weezy brings a new swag a new type of flow to the game.
Musicly if you listen to some of the beats are very complex and innovative.
Dope record. Props to Wayne for entertaining me.