Lil Wayne - Tha Carter 3

• beat this! voting starts in...
S

Svenghali

Wow. You dude's are pretty harsh. Alot of ya'll make sound like this shit is easy. Is that salt I taste? I mean, I'm not a Lil' Wayne fan, but some of you dudes that are callin' the man's work garbage are standing pretty high on your pedestals. If the album is below average...then what is average? Dudes r dumpin' on his flow, it's incredible. Who here thinks that he's nicer than Wayne and got a better flow? I'm from the old school, where you talk it, you walk it. I think we'd be hard pressed to come up with anyone here at IllMuzik that could actually take him on punchlines, creativity and consistency. I am the first to admit he's overexposed, but that shouldn't diminish his contributions or works. Of the hundreds of songs that he's appeared on in the past three years, he's outshined most of his collaborators. Judge the man on his body of work and how much he's grown as an artist. Wayne might not be your style or taste in an emcee, but to deny his artistry is to hate. He has flaws like every other rapper, but Wayne makes up for it by being more of an entertainer.

Hate all you want, I'd like to see anyone hear duplicate Wayne's success in their genre or field and then we can talk.

I give the Carter III a 7.5 out of 10. The album overall had no continuity. It sounded like a bunch of songs that were recorded in different periods and compiled to assemble an album. Having said that, Wayne writes his ass off and delivers with the vocal performance 8.5 out of 10. Tracks I'll give a 7. Wayne outperformed a good number of his tracks. Didn't like the track order either. I digs the La, La, La track. Ez.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Hands down Wayne is the most versatile Emcee in the game right now. He can go hard on underground shit, hip hop shhh and commercial shit. On wax he's a beast simply put. Off wax, it's his mouth and swag that tends to make you dislike him as a person but his contribution to keeping hip hop/rap music "a float" is undeniable!!!!! MF's can hate all day everyday but dude and the other "most hated on" industry cat "T-Pain" have been featured on more songs than anybody else in the history of the game. If anybody here could get a quarter of both these dudes radio time you'd probably be set for life.

I wouldn't want to fuck with Wayne in a battle! He waters a lot of his shit down for the radio but he has consistently came with some of the most fierce punchlines I've ever heard. Hate is the new love so some of you guys will put weezy wee on Forbes top 100 this year!!!

I like his album and I don't need a grade or point system for what I like. And like someone else has already said....he's definitely helping the game by proving that hip hop/rap is still marketable. For that alone he should get his props. His success helps us all!!! ONE!!!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i like wayne but im not a "fan" nor do i consider him to be even anywhere near the top of rappers. Casual hip hop fans and people who dont TRULY listen to lyrics prolly think wayne is some kind of god but for heads who really grew up listening to lyricists like myself u just cant put wayne in that bracket. Im not mad at wayne, i think hes a dope rapper and entertainer and very talented, i just disagree that hes some kind of g.o.a.t or even an upper tier emcee for that matter. his lyrcis "rake the grass" well but they dont get all into the roots,weeds, and shrubs like a big,pac,jay,nas,ghost,3000, etc ... and yes im not dumb i realize that swag sells more records than lyrics, and i aint hating, im just sayin cats need to "tone down the rhetoric" like Obama said lol. Sit down and reassess ur top ten or twenty list and really consider why wayne is on it. Can anyone show me a truly classic verse from wayne? or is it more like scatterbrained word association one liners? cuz thats what i hear. the rappers i mentioned before have lyrics that u can literally sit down and them read like poetry. wayne just isnt in that class, enjoyable album yes, but dude is being forced down our throats and hailed as something that he is not. Wayne raps equivalent to a WWF character me. Hes a showman, and there is nothing wrong with that, but some cats are acting like dude has the infinity gauntlet or something. chill out on that tip please.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i like wayne but im not a "fan" nor do i consider him to be even anywhere near the top of rappers. Casual hip hop fans and people who dont TRULY listen to lyrics prolly think wayne is some kind of god but for heads who really grew up listening to lyricists like myself u just cant put wayne in that bracket. Im not mad at wayne, i think hes a dope rapper and entertainer and very talented, i just disagree that hes some kind of g.o.a.t or even an upper tier emcee for that matter. his lyrcis "rake the grass" well but they dont get all into the roots,weeds, and shrubs like a big,pac,jay,nas,ghost,3000, etc ... and yes im not dumb i realize that swag sells more records than lyrics, and i aint hating, im just sayin cats need to "tone down the rhetoric" like Obama said lol.

We are on the same page. Dude can entertain and make some bills from it, but he will never be considered a lyricist because he puts no soul to his tracks. He is straight commercial. Not hating but thats just not my bowl of oatmeal.

Props to him for passin the 1mill mark on record sales in 1 week. Still dont like his music.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I'll call it like it is,,,There's legitimate hate in this thread. There's no doubt. I tried to give this a listen and I couldn't get thru the whole album. Simple as that. Wasn't my type of ish, I think he's over rated. Problem is, with the way the industry has been, someone who has some inkling of skill is put over the top.

Also, speakin all the way real,,,in a freestyle battle (freestyle in the original definition) there's a few cats that would eat him up. True talk. I'm wit Ash, he just ain't that great.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

this shyt is pretty funny..a philly dude talkin bout wayne bout there beef

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Lol, some of us don't think that much of him; why is that hate?

Those of you praising his artistry obviously forgot this thread:

https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21507&highlight=weezy

Please, don't say he's "quoting" these artists. Usually when rappers quote other MCs it's a line that everybody knows and not a whole verse that most listeners wouldn't pick up on. If someone uses the line: "It's been a long time..." we all know who they're referencing.

There's definitely lyricists on this site I would rather listen to than wayne. From those I've heard: Stress, Agent Smith, Ash, Mercury Waters, Slik da relic,Buku, Fury, Relic, and Skidflow; I hear better story tellers, better flow, more feeling, and less bullshit hype than weezy.

He's sold a lot of albums; good luck to him. Doesn't change how I feel about his music.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
this were hip hop is going nowadays. actually there's no hip hop left at least in mainstream. who's the most popular rappers right now? lil weezy and soulja boy. the situation is terrible. soulja boy is absolutely nothing and lil wayne is the worst rapper alive. sales don't mean that their music is any good.

only mainstream dudes we got they wud make real joints is kanye if hes comin right and lupe ...

actually and Styles u heard his last album its dope

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Come on man, Jay Z is one track, Mr Carter and he's killing Weezy F Baby.. on that track.. i can't stand that crackhead weezy, he's fucking up big time..

he can't stand up to Jay!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Hands down Wayne is the most versatile Emcee in the game right now.

Versatile has never equaled "best"....Just because you're a "good or great Emcee" doesn't always translate to being able to put it down on any and everything. Most here are saying how garbage dude is while "EVERYBODY" in the biz that's making the game go, stand in line waiting to work with him.

But enough of that.....what's comical here is that most of the "nay sayers" of Waynes skills/album are the ones on the "outside looking in". I mean really..I know I'm on the outside wishing I had a quarter of dudes success. I guarantee that if any producer here had a chance to work with Wayne they'd call there grandma to tell her about it. If any Emcee here had a chance to get on a track with dude they'd be calling all there boyz to tell them "yo yo yo, Wayne's peeps just called and they want me on his next single".....lol

If Jigga can get down with Wayne on a track 99.99% of everybody yappin here would( if they had the Emcee skill or production skill)!

And why does every time someone gets featured on someones elses song it has to come down to "who spit" the hardest verse...that shit in it's self is funny to me. Yo Nas killed Jigga on his on song, Yo Em killed Jigga on his own song, Yo jigga killed Wayne on his song....it' all bullshit! I'm sure neither of the collaborators gave a damn "who spit the hardest" verse, they just did what they do. When they did the track, they just wanted to do a song together, plain and simple. It's only the feeble listener that wants to take it there.

If you don't like Wayne or his music you just don't like it. You could have easily by passed this thread and not commented at all...but if you came thru just to trash dude "YOU'RE A HATER".

IF I DON'T LIKE A DRINK THEN I DON'T DRINK IT...IF I DON'T LIKE A FOOD I DON'T EAT IT. BUT IF I PASS A STORE THE SELLS IT I DON'T STOP, GO IN AN TELL EVERYONE THERE WHO MUCH I DISLIKE IT!!! LMAO

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
It's cus of Weezy proclaiming himself the be one of the greatest that my hate starts to grow on me.. Cus he is not! that's the only thing im hating on..

carter 1 and 2 are way better then this one.. But still props for dude for getting it done..
If i'm a hater i'm a hater... so be it! it is what it is..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
this were hip hop is going nowadays. actually there's no hip hop left at least in mainstream. who's the most popular rappers right now? lil weezy and soulja boy. the situation is terrible. soulja boy is absolutely nothing and lil wayne is the worst rapper alive. sales don't mean that their music is any good.

I changed my mind about solja boi, Im glad he's out there, now when Im dj'in a party all I have to do is play that album, which btw is THE LOUDEST record out right now.
I can just play the whole damn thing and walk away from the tables, people love it, and anything that will get them to dance nonstop is all good with me from a dj perspective.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I think we'd be hard pressed to come up with anyone here at IllMuzik that could actually take him on punchlines, creativity and consistency.

How do you know someone on this site is not contractually bound to silence regarding ghostwriting and production for some of your favorite rappers that you think wrote their own lyrics?

I know you're speaking of the public in general - but some cats on this site really understand their craft and make good money off of it. Sometimes they just can't share with the world their successes due to "other" circumstances.

This place really is filled with talented people - you might want to reconsider that statement.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
How do you know someone on this site is not contractually bound to silence regarding ghostwriting and production for some of your favorite rappers that you think wrote their own lyrics?

I know you're speaking of the public in general - but some cats on this site really understand their craft and make good money off of it. Sometimes they just can't share with the world their successes due to "other" circumstances.

This place really is filled with talented people - you might want to reconsider that statement.

word up. Not only that, but I take offense to Sven's statement. If someone actually heard from me and Wayne and thought he was superior to my rhyme skill,,,,,I don't know. That's a slap in the face.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
word up. Not only that, but I take offense to Sven's statement. If someone actually heard from me and Wayne and thought he was superior to my rhyme skill,,,,,I don't know. That's a slap in the face.

He's superior to your rhyme skill..
*SMACK* Oof :beatbrick:

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Six pages deep and I just chimed in.

I just haven't said anything yet because I haven't bought the album. I spent my 20 bucks on Little Brother's last album and Justice's last album. Both great albums.

I have a buddy from the Nolia. He was all about Cash Money before anyone outside of them knew who they were. I didn't think much of them because at the time, they literally were local music. I heard that sh*t and passed. I was all about Biggie and Redman at the time.

Lyrically he is dope if you accept what he is doing. See, some emcees don't waste a syllable. Guys like Nas, Talib, Apathy and I'd even say StressWon. Every line has some sort of intent. But then you have guys dance around on tracks like Lil Wayne, Aesop Rock and Jay Z. A lot of fragments and a lot of play on words.

Wayne has a bouncy flow and some clever word play but he is very limited in content. I mean, every song is I get money and hoes and do drugs. Jay will at least sprinkle some content and focus in there and Aesop is packed full of content.

Aesop is too content heavy and a lot of people can't follow so he doesn't get a lot of sales but gets mad respect. Wayne is extremely light content and anyone and everyone can follow and he gets sales but since he is so lyrically limited he doesn't get a lot of respect. Jay is right in between and gets a fair balance of sales and respect.

In my humble opinion.

I'll probably get the album next week.