Low-Budget Productions

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
Hey guys,
What's the least expensive way for me to get some beats going? I can't really afford a computer which I know is a good option (at least not the computer I want). Are there any good keyboard that let you do everything to make a beat? Or some other options? Thanks for the help.

H

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i'm sure you could download some software off of the internet

i bought magix music maker at a store for $30 and no one seems to notice that is what i use.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
what type of music are you trying to do?
Zoom makes some cheap drum machine / samplers.
So do Roland / Boss.
If you buy it used, you can be up and running for less than 200.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Roland/Boss/Yamaha all good starter drum machines..Your gonna want to be able to use something that samples one day soon though.Very quickly you will get frustrated at the fact there are sounds out there that you wanna use and may be limited to whatever is in the drum machine.
There are things like a groove box that I have seen cats really freak well.!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I can only advise that the cheapest option is a pc. Hardware is very expensive, software can be got for free when you know where to look. FL Studio is a good cheap audio program.

FL is inexpensive, not cheap. hehehe!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ioono where you live, but you can cop a used PC for as cheap as $50 these days offa Craigslist. Add an Audiophile 2496 ($50-100 on Ebay), M-Audio Studiophile DX4's ($150/pr from MusiciansFriend), and a copy of FL Studio ($49 - 299) and you're makin' beats in no time.

Keep an eye out here. I'm rebuilding one of my old recording PC's to write up a small article of sorts to show what can be done for dirt cheap these days.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
Why can't you use your current PC? All you really need is a cheap midi keyboard, and Reason or other to get you started.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Why can't you use your current PC? All you really need is a cheap midi keyboard, and Reason or other to get you started.

Hey may not have a computer. He may be at a library or at a friends. Whats funny is he has'nt responded to anybodys suggestion since he posted this thread...

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
Lol. Thanks for the great options guys. It's true that I'm at a library and don't have my own computer. I suppose I could get a cheap comp just to get me by in the meantime. I've been looking to save up for the dream-machine, but I suppose investing in something a little cheaper right now could be the better option.

H

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Lol. Thanks for the great options guys. It's true that I'm at a library and don't have my own computer. I suppose I could get a cheap comp just to get me by in the meantime. I've been looking to save up for the dream-machine, but I suppose investing in something a little cheaper right now could be the better option.

H

How much are you willing to spend?

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
you serious. you can get a decent computer for 500 nowadays. and use the other 500 on flstudio a controller. and still have money left over. as for recording your prolly gonna need to upgrade the computer, but 1000 is more than enough to hit the ground running