Making Money Selling Beats... Read THIS!!!

Wizdom

Soul Collector
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
A liitle late to this party, but has anyone made any money selling their beats on Soundclick? If so, what did you do to get your beats recognized???

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
agreed with shadeed, however... if i get $5,000 on some shit like this while i am trying to develop relationships, that only helps me..... cause being broke and havin a shitty car and trying to get good work and spend time honing my craft... yeah 5 g's from any source is a good thing any way you slice it.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
agreed with shadeed, however... if i get $5,000 on some shit like this while i am trying to develop relationships, that only helps me..... cause being broke and havin a shitty car and trying to get good work and spend time honing my craft... yeah 5 g's from any source is a good thing any way you slice it.

$5000 bucks is good money no matter how you slice it, no doubt. The problem is a lot of beatmakers/producers put all their eggs into an online beat selling basket. If you can generate that type of interest from your music being online, then work that angle.
I just believe that looking at the money upfront is a short term approach a long-term situation.

A perfect example is the Blowing Up...article with Skitzo on this site. He was completely done with rap and was working with R&B artists. Cam'ron/Dipset called him to work on upcoming project which lead to him producing Mic Check (1-2/1-2 Aye!) for Juelz, "Get Em Girls" for Cam and he's working on Cam's upcoming album.

Phone calls like that don't come from the selling beats online. Those sites are a "one and done" transaction, but spending the majority of your time building with people who really do this, can only lead to good things in the long run.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
A liitle late to this party, but has anyone made any money selling their beats on Soundclick? If so, what did you do to get your beats recognized???

the first beat i ever sold (years ago) was off of soundclick .. pure luck i guess... this nfl player who produces r&b on the side heard one of my beats and bought it for an project ... i used to post beats regualry in a couple forums.....no formula just luck i guess .. My current manger I iniiatlly met off of soundclick too.. but seriously those are two people out of like 100 that actually worked out .. most dudes would holler like they were somebody and then when money talk comes up they disappear all of a sudden lol... now the first thing i do when somebody hollers at me like that is give them my phone number... call me in person.. fuc all this emailing back and forth shit .. you would be suprised the ones that actually phone you are the real ones most of the time... if somebody wont at least give u call and talk to you in person most likely they are not serious about buying ur music.. but all and all im pretty much through with the selling beats online thing... to me its more trouble than its worth.. i get much more done through word of mouth/grindin locally/networking than i ever got off any site .. honestly with the stuff ive been doing lately i feel kinda dumb for thinkin the online thing was actually going to get me somewhere lol...

just sum advice hope it helps

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
lol i just sold it yo, g0od l0oks for real i neva really tried this before but it work and work out good.

i sold it in less than 24 hours cause who ever coped it put the bid in this morning thank you for the heads up Meng peace

Word? shit actually works? thats whatsup

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
"Ive been working with this site for two weeks , and Ive already made $40,000! Thanks previously unheard of website!"-DJ Paid Actor

But wait theres more! If you act now , you will get absolutely free this shiney pen!
It writes! It doodles! It makes the songs the whole world sings!

"I used to be a unknown producer beatboxing in my bathroom, but thanks to this site Im gonna be going on tour with JZ!"-Unknown Producer

Cut to 2 beatmakers talking:
#1-"Hey man lemme hold some of those trax!"
#2-"NO my brother , you got to get your own!"

"Dont hesitate act now!"
lol
No Diss Alkoata I just couldnt resist!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
loi yo they should call this site haggle beats cuz i approve son now he l0okin for a bust down so be careful with cats he's been haggling with me for 2days now

so far this is whats been going down if or when he cop's the tracks i'll post it but so ya'll can see how they been getting down up until now

Account Balance: $0.00

Edit My Profile | Manage My Beats (2 Active) | Manage Purchase Offers (2 New) | View Transaction History | Beat Badge

Beat Name
Offer Amount
Offer Date Status

Murder
$160.00
3/1/2007 12:39:00 PM
Approved

Have Mercy
$150.00
3/2/2007 12:19:00 PM
Approved

Murder
$80.00
3/2/2007 12:38:00 PM
Declined

Have Mercy
$70.00
3/2/2007 12:32:00 PM
Declined

Murder
$95.00
3/3/2007 4:42:00 AM
Declined

Have Mercy
$90.00
3/3/2007 4:41:00 AM
Declined

keep us posted ... but a situation like this is the kinda stuff i was talking about in my earlier post that happened to me all the time when i was selling beats online ... that was always the wackest part of it.. you would get excited cuz people showed interest but as soon as the deal gets real and its time for the money dudes dissapear... its like they somehow think just because they like the beat they can get it for free or something i dunno... :headscrat but hey maybe its legit let us know my dude

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
what ever happened to gettin out on ya grind?

Oh, you ain't heard, cats don't do that anymore. Now it's all about taking shortcuts. I agree with you though, put that footwork in. When you get a good outcome, you'll appreciate it more.

members online