making money

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
hey Mucka an God, I have a quick question. When I use samples from records I feel like it's dangerous to sell the beat.. When you guys sell beats with samples do you effect them untill unrecognizable or pay for the rights to use the sample. If most hiphop producer's who sell beats for g's to radio/tv artists an do not clear samples I think it would be a huge risk that could collapse on the producer at any time. And I can't remember hearing about hiphop producers being sued over samples. There are websites on the net that show who used what sample.. can't the owners of these records sue? Although, if they are paying for the rights to use the sample how much are they paying, generally?

GOOD ? FOR TEGO ALBUM WE HAD 3 SAMPLES CLEAR.. ONE FROM THE BROTHER JOHNSONS.. ONE FROM DIANA ROSS WITH TEMPATIONS. AND IMPRESSIONS.. THE OTHER FROM JIMMY CLIFF..

ITS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THE ARTIST IN THE INDUSTRY PAYI FOR CLEARING THE SAMPLE.. ITS REALLY THE RECORD COMPANY THAT HANDLE IT AND DMG BUT THE ARTIST PAYS FOR IT AT THE END OF THE DAY.. SOMETIMES YOU WILL SEE SOME SLICK CONTRACT USUALLY FROM ROOKIES OR SLICK VETS PUTTING IT ON ROOKIES THAT THE PRODUCER HAS 2 CLEAR THE SAMPLE. I DONT FUK WIT THAT EITHER SHOULD U.. NOW WHAT HAPPEN WITH THE DIANA ROSS SONG WAS STEVIE WONDER OWN THE PUBLISHING ON THAT. SO FOR SOME REASON THE COMPANY DIDNT WANNA GO ON THE MISSION 2 CLEAR IT AND WE WERE ASKED 2 REMAKE THE BEAT... WHICH WE DID AND THEY SHOT A VIDEO 2 IT WHICH I WILL PUT ON MY SC SITE WITHIN 2 WEEKS..

IT COMES DOWN 2 HAVE A GOOD REPRESENTATION AT THE END WHEN U SIGN THE DOTTED LINE 2 GET THAT CHECK OR CASH..

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
much appreciation for the information Mucka. Also, nice job on the position you've made for yourself. One day I might be able to live off my creativity aswell. peace man

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
am making money off it now, its not very big yet but its going to be very soon. however i am making enough such that i dont have to get a part time job like most university students :)

ALLEYCAT

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Making 150-250 a beat/ 25 hr to record at the crib. Keeps me from working overtime

One day I can quit my 9-5

O

open mind

themucka your caplock is fucked handle your keyboard lol

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
themucka said:
/\/\/\/\ We Brought Tego 2 Atlantic... Got Hims Signed...

Tru Life We Did A Song For 6 Years Ago... When He Got His New Deal He Came 2 Check The Boy...

Magic Massey Was Off Of The Strength Of Gaby Acevedo The 2nd In Command At Src..

Tony Touch Heard Our Shit Wanted 1 For His Album..

Same With Pitbull..

Being An A&r Is An Advantage But Like I Said Dont Get It Twisted I Hear Wack Beats All Day From A&r Aswell.. An Im With Artist All Day..

And Now That I Got Scott Storch Manager Dereck Looking Out For Us... U Kno Its Rap... No Insider Shit We Jus Inside...

Which tracks did you do for Tru? I was working with him for about a week, doing engineering and whatnot. We had him up in the studio doing a bunch of tracks. I heard most of the album.

A

Authority

hommie you got to pick a price you want to sell it for......It depends on how hott you think your trax are....feel me

themucka

ill o.g.
djswivel said:
Which tracks did you do for Tru? I was working with him for about a week, doing engineering and whatnot. We had him up in the studio doing a bunch of tracks. I heard most of the album.

we did the song "my life" the one that has him talking about his life situation from begining to end mentions his situation wit snoop and how it came about... the hook went" this is my life, my story, my pain, my blood etc.."

we did the track that has my man singing on the hook.. " the rat song" that only had 2 verses on it hes waiting for tego to hit the third..

we also did one i think is crazy but he sleeping on it.. it has him on the hook its for the girls.. "has him on the hook like.. " i thought i gave you that gangsta love but you wanna stay up in the club im thru boo...

theres anotha one we sent him thats crzy that he picked.. that he didnt record down here but he took it when my man was at baseline..

jus tell him mucka and mingo say what up.. and were waiting for his ass 2 get back down here..

and tell screw "bear bear"

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
no doubt...I haven't seen him around since he spent the week here...Last I heard he was at the Def Jam retreat, dancing up on stage for LA Reid lol...That was about a month ago though

The track he's got with snoop is dope to me..I forget it's name, but the shit is crack...We ended up doin two tracks, Polow produced em. Part Time Girl feat. Bobby Valentino, and This Is The Life...Got some reggae chick on the hook

themucka

ill o.g.
djswivel said:
no doubt...I haven't seen him around since he spent the week here...Last I heard he was at the Def Jam retreat, dancing up on stage for LA Reid lol...That was about a month ago though

The track he's got with snoop is dope to me..I forget it's name, but the shit is crack...We ended up doin two tracks, Polow produced em. Part Time Girl feat. Bobby Valentino, and This Is The Life...Got some reggae chick on the hook

yeah i liked the polo joimts.. tho when he was here i did edits on that reggae song "this is the life" and they put vibes cartel on the hook and 3rd verse..

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
yeah, im pretty sure they decided against the Vybz version...they were goin over that and making the decision in the studio here with cypha....unless things changed im pretty sure theyre going with the chick

honestly, the chick sounded WAY hotter than vybz...I didn't think Vybz went with the track...The girl killed that shit...

themucka

ill o.g.
djswivel said:
yeah, im pretty sure they decided against the Vybz version...they were goin over that and making the decision in the studio here with cypha....unless things changed im pretty sure theyre going with the chick

honestly, the chick sounded WAY hotter than vybz...I didn't think Vybz went with the track...The girl killed that shit...

i havent heard the girl version.... i think they had 1 track of hers on the session that i was editing that i wasnt feeling.. but i thought vybz murked that shit... espicially the hook.. oh well i kno tru shit gonna damage... espicially the new shit we got for the mofo..

woot woot..

now back 2 the subject at hand...

make that money mofos...