Manual Digging vs. Internet Digging

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Years ago, I came across a 45 rpm record from the late 1960's in which the label was blank, nothing written on it except there was a stamp that said "V-Rocket Soundsystem - J Marsh". If you know anything about reggae in general, V-Rocket was one of the earlier Jamaican sound systems. So when I found it, I just started imagining where and when they played this record, and how much history is behind such a small piece of wax. You don't get that kind of experience with a file on your computer. This is why I dig.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i found some pretty unique records that the earlier radio stations used to use for the commercials. they used to make each commercial at the station and right then and there cut it to vinyl. well its not really vinyl, its really hard like glass and they really weigh alot. i could see a small tap or drop and these kind of records would shatter.

oh yeah and on most of them one side will be blank.

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
You mean an acetate cut? I have only one, again a reggae 10" acetate from Prince Jammy from the 80's (something you mp3 cats will never see! haha) and it's great, you never know what you'll find! Keep those wicked record find stories coming!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Ah..you removed the album art..I wanted to see which one I was going to get... =x

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
BTW, Pug..I have one album already in the bag...

Attachments

• Scaramouche - Front.jpg
    Scaramouche - Front.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 287