MC's

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
I kida have those problems...some say they rap and come in talkin about ice and thugs and guns when they live in a big ass house wit bmw in the driveway...but now im in a crew and we all nice

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo man, also just cause ur in the UK doesnt mean u cant collab elsewhere. i visited the UK met some other emcees and i still work with them all the time via email. it couldnt be easier these days man, u dont ever even have to meet a cat and you can make an entire elbum. anyways, good luck.

and if you gots dope beats, send em this way, ill do them justice.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Trust me you gonna go thru a lot of MC's or you might get lucky and find the right one, if any of you are feeling me on this you know what I mean, then I had some MC's that wanna run the show and feel like I work for them...LOL......but all in all its about chemistry between a good MC and yourself you must vibe with that person I can't emphasize the personal aspect of production enuff...you have to work with your artist, loosen up sometimes....be their psychiatrist, and sometimes their fuggin social worker a sort of a personal relationship.....most rappers I worked with over a period of time always have personal issues and situations they go thru....like everyone else...and especially if they really gully and might be caught up in ...now don't take that too far....but I am lucky enuff a couple of other producers I sit in on sessions locally just to hear their artists, some I never even knew about but there are a ton of folks with lyrical skills.......I would even go so far as to find some poets and see how you can work with them, go to open mics, advertise, hold auditions, I even had some people spit some freestyle over the phone for me.......check out the showcase and listen to Raviness on that beat I did, right now he is shopping his album but its his 4th complete album.......and the other thing I like the dude is chilled with absolutely no HUGE ego when working together...but you know being a dope MC involves an element of swagger too! to help with your stage prescence after all a real MC will be out performing not at his house in the mirror......so you have to hit the venues and take your business cards and find some MC's.....then have them over to listen to your material and see what they might create.....

Pharaoh Lite

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hobgoblin - LOL, yes lets all diss Will Smith, he's a happy-go-lucky-movie-rapper :) he was alright when I was 12 years old!... just kidding!

Couldn't agree more tho with your comments. And its where your located for sure. Hip hop began in America, of course it easier to find a decent MC, any other country has simply picked hip hop up as another music genre in their modern culture, this doesn't mean there aren't any half way talented rappers, there's just a lot less of them, good luck finding someone good tho.

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ill second third and forth that, personally i just wish i cld do a Kanye and spit on my own beats, ive met far better singers than i have rappers. all they know how to do is chat about being better than every1 else..and claim they "haitin on me" ..hows someone gonna hate on you when ur not known 2 miles outside ur neigbourhood.>? its a big problem.. and getting frustrating working with them, interesting but a tad bit frustrating.

another thing ive noticed is that.. alot of them arent very musical either. very closed minded and if it dont sound like a dre beat..they cant handle it, or anything outside that, therefore im being forced to sound like dre or another producer they know. yet..the rnb people just take it home..and try and work with it..9/10 they come back strong.

and they have an even bigger problem with getting help writing, i mean..you can be a fantastic singer, but even micheal jackson aint a good songwriter, nor usher. so why cant they be fine MCs and let oters write for them>? unless ur in the studio with the big cats out there..we cant EVER beleive that they all write their shit..no matter what they say. maybe im just meeting second rate MCs..but i agree with the dude. and i also agree that the US has far better rappers at this entry level, just go to soundclick..that cat DZK is better than anyone i know personally..or know about in the UK..and he aint a million dollar selling artist, having said that..i found some dude in manchester whos blazing, and understands a producers role too, so i might have just found THE ONE

members online