Mic

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
Dude, I just hate Guitar Center. Yuck!

But yea, GC should have all that stuff.

As far as the 58 it will be ok on either, but the cheap one you have to really push hard to get sound out. its no fun!

lol i hate em too but i dont have a credit card and im trying to just get it and start haha i hatttee waiting for stuff ordered.. i found this at guitar center...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/PreSonus-AudioBox-Studio-Recording-Bundle-H76028-i2007774.gc would that mic be better then the sm58?

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Honestly probably not, I am actually not a big fan of the 58. But I would start with a good dynamic mic before going the condenser route. Also for hip-hop vocals I find that a dynamic fits better.

alright, is the 57 better? and whats the difference between dynamic and condensor is condensor better for like singing or instruments or something? im just trying to get an easy set up lol..

would this fit me better...just seems kinda cheap lol

http://www.guitarcenter.com/TASCAM-TrackPack-X1-Bundle-with-US100-584553-i1504740.gc

im lookinga at the package deals so i can get some easy to use software to come with it because my FL i used is a hacked version thats whhy i think alot of stuff doesnt work on it i dont think id be able top record to it...

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I personally like the 57 better, my problem with the 58 is mainly in a live setting. It is terrible. Honestly at the end of the day you just need to pull the trigger and get something. You will spend forever trying to get just the right thing and not making music. If I where you I would get an audio box and a 57, the audiobox comes with software. But man, just get something and get to making music!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
put stuff on my beats and hear myself so i can sort of see what i need to improve on and work at.

dp...drama...dont...he wont take it on stage considering his fipo

The 58 is a vocal mic, the 57 an instrument mic. The sm58 gets a lot of criticism i often feel is misplaced, not that i promote it the heavens but its durable. we've fooled people by plugging the 58 into a Siemens V276 lol you'd have no clue it was an sm58. The sound really is relative since a good pre makes a lot of difference and the 58 is nice to start since its has a reasonable flat response. Ofc, there are better mics but considering the purpose of the mic in this situation i'd settle with the 58. Dont change your room, dont get an expensive mic etc. I take it your a novice so in time you grow and it the time's right, hit up your local rec. studio for a proper recording.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Dont change your room, dont get an expensive mic etc. I take it your a novice so in time you grow and it the time's right, hit up your local rec. studio for a proper recording.

exactly..not trying to go all out just testing the waters and if something really appeals to me i can go to a studio..like the way u think..

i got the adio box interface, and a EV N/D767a Mic. i got the software with the audiobox but do not understand how to get a track on there and record over it and for somereason the dam instructions and help options are the only things that are in other languages..
im looking up vids and stuff but noone really so far is showing just simply how to get my beat on there, and hit record lol..

i thank u guys for all your help tho, now to just figure this software out...... if its possible to do in FL studios id rather do that im guna look up vids on that too, any info is helpful if ud like to share

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
The 58 is a vocal mic, the 57 an instrument mic

sigh

facepalm2.jpg

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
the 57 and 58 are the same mic with a different head