Midi Controllers

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
I have a m-audio keystation 49e, trigger finger, and projectmix i/o in my main setup. I also have a korg microkontrol, and the korg nanokontrol series (I don't use - didn't like the feel of them)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
WHAT?? Sucio that has to be sarcastic. The MPD is known for how terrible the pads are!

LOL....

I knew either you or someone else would catch on...

They're not MPC pads, that's for sure.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Don't their pads suck though?

Most people that say "they suck" are people that are comparing them to something else (usually more expensive). I've said "they suck" but I have it inline and sitting right beside my keyboard =). There is a $1 mod that you can do to it to make it as responsive as a MPC, MV, Maschine or any other sampler. There's a step by step video on youtube on how to do it. Plus you've got plenty of cats here that can tell you what to do if you need help.

diskrete mentioned a Trigger Finger which is also a great budget priced pad controller but I don't think they're made anymore. Do a little research but a MPD is a great start. There are plenty of producers here with them.

LP*

ILLIEN
Ya the trigger fingers aren't made anymore I looked into getting one before I got my MPD. I have an MPD 18 and I love it. It does what I need it to do lol. I wanted a 26 or 32 but the 18 is only like $99 so I went with that one. As for the pads being stiff, iv'e heard alot of people complain about that but for me I have nothing to compare it to as iv'e never used an MPC, so they're really not bad in my opinion. Also I do believe you can mod it with tape or something fairly easy? Anybody here that can confirm that it works well?? mpcstuff.com sells pad cork things that work the same. I would like to get a set of their fat pads as well lol.