God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Can you elaborate a little bit more?

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Alright.

What I have to do now is that when I finish a song in FL using MIDI and Audio channels, I export them seperately and then open them up in Sonar. Now when I open up the MIDI tracks in Sonar I gotta give each one their own audio track so I can record the MIDI to the new audio track so that I can have that MIDI data I played in the mix down. Hope that helps you to understand it. I want to know if you can do that in FL6 cuz I skimmed through the manual and it doesn't say anything about it.

AMG

ill o.g.
I think that can be done in FLS. Lets say you have a sample loaded in a "Sampler Channel" and you want it to play according your MIDI file. Well you go to the piano roll of that channel...click the piano icon in the top left--->go to file--->import MIDI file. Is this what you were talking about?

AMG

ill o.g.
Well you can record MIDI data to FLS, just make sure the channel you're recording to is empty(no samples loaded to the channel). Now for converting it to audio...i'm not sure. What MIDI data are trying to convert to audio?

AMG

ill o.g.
So are you controlling your Motif with a keyboard controller? And are you recording it to the Motif or do you have it Soft Thru to the computer? I just need to know what ya setup is like, then I can probably help a lil bit better.

AMG

ill o.g.
so lets say you convert MIDI to audio. what audio do you expect to hear? will it be from your Motif or FL?

AMG

ill o.g.
Seoul P said:
Of course it's gonna be from the Motif but I expect to be able to hear the MIDI sequence that I played with the Motif sounds but now that you asked that I just realized that FL doesn't have a multitrack so you can't convert the MIDI into audio unless there is another way to do it.
Ok, I would have the setup like this: MIDI controller to PC, MIDI cable from PC---->Motif MIDI In, Motif audio outs---->souncard audio ins. So there's only one MIDI cable need if you want FL to be the master sequencer. Open up a MIDI Out channel and record your MIDI data to it. But you need to go to Options--->MIDI Settings. Pick your MIDI output device(click on it) then set a port number. Afterwards go to your MIDI Out channel and setup the same port number. so the MIDI data recorded in this channel will play back the internal sound(s) in your Motif.

AMG

ill o.g.
ok then. but what the reason/advantage f you turning MIDI in to Audio?

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
If I could do that in FL6 then it would be real nice cuz I won't have to switch from program to program cuz right now after I finish a beat with MIDI and audio data, I have to export them seperately into Sonar in order to record the MIDI to audio which takes a while and then mix it, but I'd rather mix it in FL cuz of the friendly interface. After that's all done, I gotta export the mixed down .wav file into Cool Edit Pro so that I can convert it to .mp3 and make some final changes to the mix down. So yeah, it takes a while for me to finish just one beat when I could finish it faster using just one program for everything. That's why I was questioning myself about getting FL6 or Reason 3. But yo, thanks for the help man. Appreciate it.

AMG

ill o.g.
Seoul P said:
If I could do that in FL6 then it would be real nice cuz I won't have to switch from program to program cuz right now after I finish a beat with MIDI and audio data, I have to export them seperately into Sonar in order to record the MIDI to audio which takes a while and then mix it, but I'd rather mix it in FL cuz of the friendly interface. After that's all done, I gotta export the mixed down .wav file into Cool Edit Pro so that I can convert it to .mp3 and make some final changes to the mix down. So yeah, it takes a while for me to finish just one beat when I could finish it faster using just one program for everything. That's why I was questioning myself about getting FL6 or Reason 3. But yo, thanks for the help man. Appreciate it.
I see what ya mean. You try using Fl with Sonar via Rewire. Just a thought. Good luck!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Seoul P said:
Before I read it, does it work with FL6?
No, but since you asked about Rewire, I thought maybe the article would give you some insight. Plus there's a few links at the end of the article you might want to check out.