MIDI to Audio

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
Prerequisites for Recording External Audio
Recording internal audio from Mixer tracks only requires Producer Edition, however, to record external Audio you will also need:

FL Studio Producer edition or higher.
An ASIO driver for your soundcard.
FL Studio set to operate in ASIO mode. See System - Audio Settings, press F10 in FL Studio to bring them up.
The sound source connected to your PC via your soundcard or a USB/Firewire interface.

Peep these pics.

make a mixer channel for your motif sound that u wanna record. u can put any effects on it if u want. then click in the in and pick the input on your soundcard that the motif is plugged into. then at the bottom of the mixer channel u picked is a symbol of a disk. click that and name your file. then click on the recording button next to the play button and when you hit play, it will record the audio until u hit stop and save it in the file you specified earlier.

and your done!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 102

studio h

ill o.g.
Hey guys,

Soul P, in my opinion the way ur doin it (the long way, exporting, importing to sonar) is better cos it gives u the options and features of both programs. I using the same method. Plus i believe that producing music in one program soley can limit u and can make all ur music sound similar. I realise this doesnt help u or answer ur question but jus thought id say that.

Jay

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I think the term youre looking for is "bouncing". I understand your question fully. Lets say you have a b-line that you recorded in MIDI on one track. The rest of the beat in in .wav format (for simplicity). When you listen to the beat in FL you can hear everything including the b-line. When you burn it to CD all you hear is the rest of the track but no b-line. The thing that your asking is if FL can put the MIDI data into audio so that everything can be heard. I hop this is your question. I have been wonderin this too. Im new to the game but know a little more than the average newbie. I think you would have to solo the MIDI track and a blank audio track, hit record and just rec the b-line. Dont know if this is possible but can someone help?

my bad. just relized there was a 2nd page. Forget the above post

members online