Most ridiculous comment about Hip-Hop you've heard from someone?? (In real Life)

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've learned NOT to talk about Hip-Hop with someone in real Life...whether it be my friends or whatever...because they can be pretty stupid. Sometimes they just say stuff that don't make ANY sense.

- Once I lend Illmatic to some kid who claims he knows Hip-Hop or whatever...and the next day he tells me the "beats are wack" on that album. I told DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Large Professor made some of the beats on there. He was like "who??"

- So again I let another one of my friend borrow this Non-Phixion CD I have...and he told me the beats were wack as fuck. I asked him why and he was like "well, I can't really hear the bass on them songs"....wtf???

- So my friend again thinks that Nuthing But G Thang was composed by Dre, and he thought that Dre played all the instruments or something like that. I was like no I have the original sample...I played him the sample he STILL won't belive me.

- I know another guy who thinks that rappers makes the beats themselves...he was like "I like Jay better because he makes better beats than Nas"

- And then females....this girl told me that "Atmosphere is kind of like rap...but not really like rap." I'm just like "WTF?? How's Atmosphere not rap??"

Add your own

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Bloodybastid said:
- I know another guy who thinks that rappers makes the beats themselves...he was like "I like Jay better because he makes better beats than Nas"

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That HAS to be the dumbest thing i've ever heard in my life.

I'll post some stuff i heard when i get back.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
it is wierd to heard people's opinions on hiphop that don't really listen to it. Like that one dude who said non phixion cd sucked because not enough bass. It's like some people out there expect certain stereotypes in their music and if it ain't there it must not be real

you know shits backwards when stereotypes = real..

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
when me and my wife were datin,,she was a "Bad Boy" fanatic. Her and her friend used to pick me up on the way to the club,,,lol,,I'de be like,,,"Put this on,,," it would be like Co-Flow or an underground mixtape I had made,,,,lol,,,,they would be like,,"WTF is this! Let's just put Hot 97 back on and listen to Mase!",,,lol,,,,

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
StressWon said:
lol,,I'de be like,,,"Put this on,,," it would be like Co-Flow or an underground mixtape I had made,,,,lol,,,,they would be like,,"WTF is this! Let's just put Hot 97 back on and listen to Mase!",,,lol,,,,

i've been in that same situation. Putting a hot tape on an watching people react like a HUH? is a wierd thing to see. It is a lot different than radio joints but the first time I heard it I was flipppppin. there were a lot of firsts for me as far as artists an everytime my definition of hiphop became deeper.

on a sidenote.. my herb connection was busted, stress if ish gets hard up you can put the nugs in coffee beans (just mixed in not in bags). I've always wanted to try Pennsylvanian Coffee, specially that lime green shit

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
at school a few days ago. (note im in texas for the rest of the school year)

"If you really listen to Tupac and Biggie, they aint really sayin nothin. I mean maybe back in the 80's it was hot. but Chamillionare would rip them"

I wont even explain how stupid that is. but 80s? *dead*

EvRy1~MaN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Wow...

The only truly STUPIDEST(is that even a word?)thing I've heard someone say about hip hop(before reading bloody's post.)was when there was a fight at the run-dmc concert.

I can't recall who said it but the crips and the bloods were fighting at the concert.

Someone said that the reason the crips and bloods were fighting was because of hip hop(Not the fact that there RIVAL GANGS!!!!!)

Honestly I could'nt see straight 2 weeks after hearing that remark.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
at school a few days ago. (note im in texas for the rest of the school year)

"If you really listen to Tupac and Biggie, they aint really sayin nothin. I mean maybe back in the 80's it was hot. but Chamillionare would rip them"

I wont even explain how stupid that is. but 80s? *dead*

AAAHHHAHAHAH!! That takes the cake

But what bothers me is how people would always say something is "old-school"....like I would play something from 95 and that would be "old school"...wtf?? Does albums like Cuban Linx sound old?? It sounds like something that just came out recently...

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Bloodybastid said:

Add your own

LOOOL, but really, that was how it was back in the days, or maybe when we were younger. Like when i was 7 years old, i didn't know anything about producers so I would like a certain rapper because he had better beat and thinking that he was responsible for that loll.

I got to say, when I hear : It's not real music, there's no instrument, it's sounds that are not real........dr dre anyone??

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Bloodybastid said:
I've learned NOT to talk about Hip-Hop with someone in real Life...whether it be my friends or whatever...because they can be pretty stupid. Sometimes they just say stuff that don't make ANY sense.

Question . . . Did any of these people happen to be white ? (No Offense) Because most of the time stupid comments like those in my experiences have came from people of the caucasion race who only listen to whatevers the latest fad being played on the radio & mtv . . . And a hip hop great to them is 50 Cent . . .

No offense once again . . . Thats just from my experience

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
H&R said:
Question . . . Did any of these people happen to be white ? (No Offense) Because most of the time stupid comments like those in my experiences have came from people of the caucasion race who only listen to whatevers the latest fad being played on the radio & mtv . . . And a hip hop great to them is 50 Cent . . .

No offense once again . . . Thats just from my experience

its 1am. so that was officially the funniest thing i've heard all day. I know u werent trying to be. but its funny cuz in most cases its true.

this kid in my spanish class... i siad something about houston. and he said "oh houston.. isnt that where all the madd rappers come from"

i almost died

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
H&R said:
Exactly lol . . . Point Proven

Slim Thug, T.I, Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Mike Jones are all legends.
*COUGH COUGH*
lol
The dumbest thing I heard was this, it was about Pac:
Hes A legend a born son Nation Of Islam!
Hahaha
Sorry 2 dissapoint u buddy, Pac didn't claim a Religion.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Manji said:
hip hop and rap are two different things

yeah, thats the dumbest shit I ever heard

I don't even want to have to explain myself.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
One of the stupidest comments....? actually it's kind of sad.

"I dont like hiphop, all they talk about is guns, hoes and being gangsta... Listen to 50 Cent, that's all he talks about"

"Hiphop is not real music, it's always the same beats..." ~~~and that was a Reaggaton fan speaking.... lol

or (I put Hoppa's 199x mixtape in a car...)

"What the hell is this, it sound horrible... yo man, put that Mike Jones album on. I dont want to listen to has beens MCs... " I almost choked on that one... ignorance is bliss...

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
"I dont like hiphop, all they talk about is guns, hoes and being gangsta... Listen to 50 Cent, that's all he talks about"

Sadly, I've heard that one far too many times. Rarely by other young people admittedly, but that's probably because they're listening to that sort of stuff themselves.

It really annoys me when such a small facet of hiphop, and just certain artists manage to completely form someone's idea of hiphop [that goes for all the elements actually] - It's so frustrating trying to explain everytime that it's a really diverse artform, and there is so much interesting stuff out there that isn't like that at all.

members online