Most ridiculous comment about Hip-Hop you've heard from someone?? (In real Life)

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Manji said:
hip hop and rap are two different things

yeah, thats the dumbest shit I ever heard

Well...sorry but..it is. Hip hop is the CULTURE: that includes, clothes, way of thinking, talking, etc. Rap is the actual genre of music. I'm not sure but i think that 2day's RnB is included in HipHop ex: destiny's child, alicia keys, etc.

I guess YOU were wrong.

anonymous_103

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
" fashion is now another element of hip hop"
"you cant have a skateboard and be hip hop"

im wondering since when did hip hop become a fashion show

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
Well...sorry but..it is. Hip hop is the CULTURE: that includes, clothes, way of thinking, talking, etc. Rap is the actual genre of music. I'm not sure but i think that 2day's RnB is included in HipHop ex: destiny's child, alicia keys, etc.

I guess YOU were wrong.

Exactly. Even exluding the fact that a lot of R'n'B stuff is being labelled as hiphop, hiphop and rap are two seperate things. Hiphop as you said is a culture, a movement that has 4 elements, emceeing is one of the four elements - and therefore they are not the same thing!.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
classic said:
"anybody can rap, that stuff is easy"
Yo Ive heard that shit commin up I always laugh and be like do it then.
They always have some lame ish like "well my name is so and so and Im walkin down the street" LOL
F'n dissed them everytime to where they HAD to have respect after that.
Thats classic tho classic

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
H&R said:
Question . . . Did any of these people happen to be white ? (No Offense) Because most of the time stupid comments like those in my experiences have came from people of the caucasion race who only listen to whatevers the latest fad being played on the radio & mtv . . . And a hip hop great to them is 50 Cent . . .

No offense once again . . . Thats just from my experience

No...mostly Black...White people can be dumb too...they always seem to generalize things. But White females are the worst.

I hate it though...the next time someone asks me a Hip-Hop question I'll just play dumb and be like "I have no idea what you're talking about I don't listen to rap."

B

Burna

Ok, i cant hold it anymore LOLOL!

I was talking to my wife the other night, and we're listening to a random rap playlist off the comp. and she comes up out of the blue like.. "Damn, 50cent makes some hot beats", So i just hold my tounge try not to embarass her at the least. So we just sit there for a bit, and once again shes like "Damn hon, you should try to make beats like that "In The Club", beat. "

I couldn't hold it much longer, and just started bustin up laughing my fucking ass off.

The look on her face was Priceless

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:

I guess YOU were wrong.

Nah man, I think you are wrong. I'll admit that the two words have different connotations, at least for me. When I hear hip hop I tend to think of east coast rap and when I hear rap music i tend to think of west coast rap. But if we're talking strict definitions, they've got to be the same thing. THE WORD HIP HOP IS NOT THE CULTURE. If it was, why would people say hip hop culture? wouldn't that be a redundancy? Hip Hop is the music. There is a culture, hip hop culture, which coincides with that music. And come on man, Alicia Keys hip hop? Why not just throw the Rolling Stones and Beethoven in the hip hop category as well? We might as well add James Brown while we're at it. Come to think of it, hip hop is a word that describes any genre of music, as well as the culture that goes along with rap music, as well as fashion shows with a lot of black people in attendance.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
o-a-ksavage said:
Nah man, I think you are wrong. I'll admit that the two words have different connotations, at least for me. When I hear hip hop I tend to think of east coast rap and when I hear rap music i tend to think of west coast rap. But if we're talking strict definitions, they've got to be the same thing. THE WORD HIP HOP IS NOT THE CULTURE. If it was, why would people say hip hop culture? wouldn't that be a redundancy? Hip Hop is the music. There is a culture, hip hop culture, which coincides with that music. And come on man, Alicia Keys hip hop? Why not just throw the Rolling Stones and Beethoven in the hip hop category as well? We might as well add James Brown while we're at it. Come to think of it, hip hop is a word that describes any genre of music, as well as the culture that goes along with rap music, as well as fashion shows with a lot of black people in attendance.

Well, that Alicia keys beat with the violin when she is in the Subway..if that's not hiphop..

And that thing about it not being the culture. If you see a guy with some baggy jeans, wearin Roca-Wear, NY cap and a doo rag, what are you gonna say: he's dress with a Hip Hop style, or : he dress with a Rap style...

I don't really know what to say to contradict you, cuz eversince i remember I always been taught that Hip Hop was the culture, and i alway read that everywhere.

Here's the definition of hip hop in Merriam Webster's dictionary : http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/hip hop

" a subculture especially of inner-city youths whose amusements include rap music, graffiti, and break dancing; also : an element or art form prevalent within this subculture"

If that doesn't convince you...then let's just forget this argument

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Money said:
I was talking to my wife the other night, and we're listening to a random rap playlist off the comp. and she comes up out of the blue like.. "Damn, 50cent makes some hot beats", So i just hold my tounge try not to embarass her at the least. So we just sit there for a bit, and once again shes like "Damn hon, you should try to make beats like that "In The Club", beat. "

I couldn't hold it much longer, and just started bustin up laughing my fucking ass off.

The look on her face was Priceless

No you should have just beat her ass right then and there...that would be the only proper response.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i think hip hop vs. rap is a giant misunderstanding..

similar to the infamous:

"2 lines = a bar" vs. "one line is a bar" on rap forums.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
classic said:
"anybody can rap, that stuff is easy"

I completely forgot that one... now that's the most ridiculous comment I heard...

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ my civics teacher used to go off about how rapping was easy and how it wasnt real music... and i mean he would take like 10 minutes of class time to talk about it...

eventually he found out (someone else told him) that i made beats and he and i had a big debate about it in front of the class... hiphops classification as an art form as a genre of music... im just gald he doesnt know what sampling is.

he says a lot of dumb things though, i have no idea how hes still teaching... some german exchange students came in, and he started like heil hitler-ing and stuff, and then he asked them why their country sucks and wars and can never win...

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
Well, that Alicia keys beat with the violin when she is in the Subway..if that's not hiphop..

I don't really watch videos so I don't know what you're talking about, but does she sing in it or rap? If she sings, it's not hip hop, it's RnB.

And that thing about it not being the culture. If you see a guy with some baggy jeans, wearin Roca-Wear, NY cap and a doo rag, what are you gonna say: he's dress with a Hip Hop style, or : he dress with a Rap style...

If I saw a dude with long hair, holes in his faded jeans, and a chain hanging down by his pocket, I might say he's dressed with a rock 'n roll style. What's your point.

I don't really know what to say to contradict you, cuz eversince i remember I always been taught that Hip Hop was the culture, and i alway read that everywhere.

Here's the definition of hip hop in Merriam Webster's dictionary : http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/hip hop

" a subculture especially of inner-city youths whose amusements include rap music, graffiti, and break dancing; also : an element or art form prevalent within this subculture"

Dude, I guess my argument is stupid because there's no objective way to settle it, I might define it my way and you might define it your way. I might find one dictionary that gives my definition and you might find one that gives yours, what the fuck does a dictionary know about hip hop any way? Wait no, I do have an objective way to prove it. When you say hip hop you are talking about a genre of music, for example you would say my favorite music is hip hop, or right now I'm listening to hip hop. You can't listen to a culture so that sentence would not make sense under your definition. Also, according to your definition, the term "hip hop culture" would be a redundancy, so if the objective arbiter is how hip hop is used in our language I guess I'm right home boy! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

T

The Bastard

the most ignorant comment ive ever heard is why do you do that its black music

members online