My way of making beats

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
How @Primz are you programming drums and what DAW do you use?

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Battle Points: 135
Whaaaat? @crog85 @Iron Keys you guys use Studio One too??
I seriously haven't met someone who uses studio one. I honestly find it way easier that Fl Studio and its more professional

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
I haven't watched yet but this reply has made me wanna see if we need to call 5-0 on his weird eq-ing ass :woot:
Hahaha! @Iron Keys you must know primz well. I would never put him down like that. I just want to see his thought for equine the kick like that lol

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Im not on studio one either... but still not fl, although I did learn to make beats using fl... ive and used the same daw for over 10 yrs now... same version too ;)

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
Im not on studio one either... but still not fl, although I did learn to make beats using fl... ive and used the same daw for over 10 yrs now... same version too ;)
@crog85 You’re going to say all that And not tell us what DAW you’re using

GoldenBoy

ProducerDrew
@crog
Yep, its a secret.... Shhh... lol
and its not always about
what youre using, its all about how u use it

my process is pretty crude... but i like to embrace the dirtiness...
@crog85 yeah I agree with you there....it’s 99% how you use the DAW. Hell I could make a good sounding beat on my iPad. So by telling us what DAW you and thousands of other producers use won’t hurt your cause. Even if other producers don’t like what you use you have a good sound to back it up. ;)

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Even if other producers don’t like what you use you have a good sound to back it up. ;)
I appreciate that... as ive only heard a few of your beats, i can hear that u know what youre doing... not trying to keep a huge secret, i just think its kinda funny... ive mentioned a few times in the threads over the years what im using... but hear it is in more detail....
imac from 06 with an upgraded version of Garageband from 2009... i also use audacity for changing tempo, pitch, etc. I still use a lot of the stock plugins from that version of GB, 1st version of nexus, guitar rig 5 (dont use this much anymore, but i used to incorporate a lot of live guitars in my beats and i would record some blues rock from time to time)... kontakt for 808 samples, other samples i usually chop and drop into the “sound fx” stock GB plugin... izotope vinyl, ozone 8... some other free plugins that i dont use too much... random drums samples that ive acquired over the years... i also like to record “live sounds” on my iphone voice recorder to sample from... idk, thats about all i can think of... tbh i really dont know what im doing when it comes to the technical side of things, i just make what i think sounds good with my limited capabilities, and i think after using the same things for so long ive just learned to know what works and what doesnt... and like i said, embracing the dirtiness... Im also a believer in that limiting yourself generates more creativity... so... yea...

members online