myspace sound qualitity question

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Sup peoples

I noticed that the sound qualitiy of my beats on myspace sucks, it seems as if the stuff is streamed lo-fi almost, espcially compared to other artist... Is there some secrete to make your ish bang off your myspace page... Casue when i go to some other peoples pages the shit sounds great...

Any suggestions?

jason aka classicbeatz.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
i think they just raise the sound of the mp3 before uploading. Maybe normalizing or just raising the volume. I feel what ya sayin,,,,i always wondered that.

See thats the thing stress, i thought that too but my Mixes bang prettty well, i have the volume pretty loud, but when i upload it to myspace it sucks the "air" right out of it, i wouldent care if everyones was like that... But other peoples mixes sound fine on there.. Is there some magic bit rate or something? Ive wondered this for years...

class..

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
I have noticed this and it baffles me...one time it had me pissed off, thats why I upload tracks on showcaseyourmusic.com for critiquing. The sound quality is better. The only thing that keeps me uploading tracks on there is because of the volume of people I can reach. But if it don't sound worth a damn...whats the point right? Myspace needs to fix that problem.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I was just thinking, do you think that even if its your final mix and you like the way it sounds, if you just normalise it then upload it on myspace will it not sound better?
Since the player sux, it just makes the ear percieve as tho its better because its louder?
Just a thought .

Does that make sense?

T

The Arkitekt

Is there some magic bit rate or something?

try saving the mp3 as 128, cuz im pretty sure myspace is gonna convert it down to 128, and idk it might get distorted and lossy or something during the coversion

edit

i was reading here that the bit rate is 96 actually and the sample rate is 22khz, not sure if thats right though

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/mast...ongs-anyone-know-if-bitrate-has-improved.html

might just be better to upload your music into a soundclick player and embed that player into your myspace

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
See thats the thing stress, i thought that too but my Mixes bang prettty well, i have the volume pretty loud, but when i upload it to myspace it sucks the "air" right out of it, i wouldent care if everyones was like that... But other peoples mixes sound fine on there.. Is there some magic bit rate or something? Ive wondered this for years...

class..

Sometimes i upload stuff on my page and it sounds good, other times it sounds crap. i think most listeners don't really care for it tho. The people that want the hQ version can always come to your site or blog for it.

Also, if you enable, the download option, the listeners always get the original mp3 you put up, so that quality is the same as the upload version.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think that using soundclick, then embedding a player into myspace works plenty clean and loads faster. if you know your css you can cover up the myspace player too. (i havent used myspace in ages though.. maybe by now you can disable the default player?)
least that way you can do lo-fi/hi-fi and have an option :D

S

Svenghali

Sup peoples

I noticed that the sound qualitiy of my beats on myspace sucks, it seems as if the stuff is streamed lo-fi almost, espcially compared to other artist... Is there some secrete to make your ish bang off your myspace page... Casue when i go to some other peoples pages the shit sounds great...

Any suggestions?

jason aka classicbeatz.

Class, you were the one that made me aware of that shit over a year ago. Some people have figured it out and I'd like to know what it is myself. The bitrate answer is interesting. I tried to use my soundclick earlier, but my account is under review cause I had a remix with vocals on it. believe it or not, I have to apply for reinstatement. What is this the NFL? Fuck getting reinstated! I consider myself banned from soundclick. Time to get my own page up.

I was just thinking, do you think that even if its your final mix and you like the way it sounds, if you just normalise it then upload it on myspace will it not sound better?
Since the player sux, it just makes the ear percieve as tho its better because its louder?
Just a thought .

Does that make sense?

Makes total sense. I tried that. The second song on my page was mixed and mastered yet it still sounds like ass comparatively. Myspace with all these musicians, singers and producers need to step their game up.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I would message the person who's page sounds good as long as it isn't a major...If it is only the majors coming out clean than try contacting myspace and ask the question, I'm sure they'll get back to you on it.

If it is only featured/signed artist whos music is still coming out quality then that's probably the answer there. I always have trouble when I use a high bit rate with myspace, the song always says processing but never fully loads so I just use a lower bit rate.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
well first thing, mp3's, aac, streaming, lossy etc should be mixed differently. meaning taking the drop at 16khz in account, as well a,s the other issues, simply converting really isn't enough but adequate and less time consuming. but as far as myspace, they degrade the conversion apparently and therfore it's trial and error until you find the right settings (mixing/finalizing) to compensate. i've heard of some who upconvert their sessions/2 track and others that lessen the compression and add some air/less bass for more clarity.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
funny thing i've noticed, is that sound quality on your myspace page does sound degraded a bit. But when someone else adds a song from your or whoever page to their personal myspace page the sound quality comes up some. its crazy or check it out yourself.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.

class..

i dont load mp3 i tried doin wma and it worked lol

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
For me it is hit or miss, it seems that it sort of depends on the encoder you use, for instance , since i am on mac it seems like the itunes converter is possibly inferior to even my soundforge encoder i used on my pc, another producer i collab with also agreed, right now i use the converter that costs like 19 dollars, the one on the digidesign site for protools plug and it seems to work way better than my itunes converter, another thing is say if I do a track that seems to bang in fruity loops and dump it maxed and stand it up beside something i mixed in protools, it is two different animals its crazy once I upload them it seemed that the fruity loop track was banging before the upload then it gets on the page it can be distorted or much lower level mix sounding....the protools mp3s I dump and upload seem to be better quality and retain the exact sonic characteristics as when i play the track here at the studio, it doesn't matter whether I mixdown to 256 or 128 either when i upload the track retains the pre upload sound.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Use the RBass waves plugin and you'll get better sound quality. Use that and mix for small speakers and it'll sound ok.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^^ Certainly not R-Bass on the overall mix?

I gotta find which plug in it is, but there is one that you can set for small speakers, pc, speakers, hi fi systems or lo fi systems, but I think the overall goal is to mix so that the song sounds good on any system.. If your just mixing it for myspace though , you could maybe take your done mix and run it through said pulgin for say pc speakers.

members online