NBA MVP- Chris Paul or Kobe Bryant?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
I hate Kobe, but I think he deserves an MVP award.

The thing is -- Chris Paul is really really good. In fact, if I didn't have Lakers bias, I would probably vote for Paul, he's unbelievable.

Then you have James, KG...

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
It's just like Serch said in the old Gas Face joint...CHRIS PAUL!!! (Okay, I know, but damnit that funny)

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
MAAANNNN!!! this is such a tuff call. being that i have Chris Paul bias (cause he's from my hometown). Chris Paul has taken the Hornets from nothin to like that. But Kobe has done the same with the Lakers this year. Remember about a year ago he was puttin out speculations for a trade.

I think my deciding factor came when the Lakers got the top seed in the west. If the Hornets would have got it I'd be like CP3 all day!!!

Kobe should have had the MVP a couple times in the past, but i also dont think the MVP should be handed over on some lifetime acheivement award , and Chris Paul is gonna get one in time to come tip. But it is what it is. It hearts me to say but, KOBE.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
im not a laker fan but i gotta give it to kobe..its way overdue for him hes the best player in the planet he went from wanting to be traded off a sorry team to the 1 seeded in the west..he can distribute wit the best of the shooting guards and the ONLY man that can turn on the switch if he has to and get 20 points in any givin quarter...

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Chris Paul is a Jason Kidd killer.

i know rite. it look liked in this series Jason Kidd handed Chris Paul the torch but Chris Paul snatched the torch and punched Kidd in the face at the hand-off.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i know rite. it look liked in this series Jason Kidd handed Chris Paul the torch but Chris Paul snatched the torch and punched Kidd in the face at the hand-off.

its not over Jason kidd is top 5 PG's of all time its far from over..whether kidd wins or loses he wont be the one to blame..its not his fault NJ made such a bangin deal for him ..raping the Mav's of the soul for one player ...kidd is that dude regardless the best passer in the game

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
...he went from wanting to be traded off a sorry team to the 1 seeded in the west.....

One word... "Shaq"

Like you said, he from being a total bitch and crying about wanting to be traded to becoming the number 1 seed in the west. Why? Shaq 2.0

When they didn't have a decent 7 footer, LA sucked. Out in the first round of the playoffs. But then you get a 7 footer in there and all of a sudden LA is a juggernaut and everybody thinks Kobe is deserving of MVP?

No way....

You don't reward selfish behavior. The only difference between him and all the other asses who act like bitches is he has a great skill set. He is no better than Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens character wise. How the hell do you shit on you whole team in the off season and then act like you never did that?

But.... watch Chris Paul play, he is just as amazing as Kobe. He might not have the same swagger and he isn't as fun to watch as Kobe but he is just as effective and a great catalyst for his team. And he's not an asshole like Kobe is.

Chris Paul's team is weak compared to LA but look how much more better he makes everyone around him. He is the new Steve Nash. I think he is the clear MVP. I mean, offensively he is unstoppable and he plays great defense. I think he leads the league in steals. Just watch him play. He does shit nobody does. Makes the ball handler pick up his dribble and then intercepts the pass to the center down low on the block and then runs down to the other end and scores. Seriously? And he's like the smallest motherfucker on the floor son. He had like a 32 point night and 17 assists. Who the fuck plays like that?

And then put it in perspective. He is taking it to the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas mutherphuk'n Mavericks bro.

Chris Paul for MVP.

But due to politics involved.... I predict Kobe will get the nod.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
One word... "Shaq"

Like you said, he from being a total bitch and crying about wanting to be traded to becoming the number 1 seed in the west. Why? Shaq 2.0

When they didn't have a decent 7 footer, LA sucked. Out in the first round of the playoffs. But then you get a 7 footer in there and all of a sudden LA is a juggernaut and everybody thinks Kobe is deserving of MVP?

No way....

You don't reward selfish behavior. The only difference between him and all the other asses who act like bitches is he has a great skill set. He is no better than Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens character wise. How the hell do you shit on you whole team in the off season and then act like you never did that?

But.... watch Chris Paul play, he is just as amazing as Kobe. He might not have the same swagger and he isn't as fun to watch as Kobe but he is just as effective and a great catalyst for his team. And he's not an asshole like Kobe is.

Chris Paul's team is weak compared to LA but look how much more better he makes everyone around him. He is the new Steve Nash. I think he is the clear MVP. I mean, offensively he is unstoppable and he plays great defense. I think he leads the league in steals. Just watch him play. He does shit nobody does. Makes the ball handler pick up his dribble and then intercepts the pass to the center down low on the block and then runs down to the other end and scores. Seriously? And he's like the smallest motherfucker on the floor son. He had like a 32 point night and 17 assists. Who the fuck plays like that?

And then put it in perspective. He is taking it to the Dallas Mavericks. Dallas mutherphuk'n Mavericks bro.

Chris Paul for MVP.

But due to politics involved.... I predict Kobe will get the nod.

WHAT???....to win a title u need a 7 footer cmon thas not just kobe...T-mac witout Yao theyll never win a title..Paul witout West cant win a title...Nash witout Amari cant win..even Ginoboli witout duncan and ur tellin me kobes not worthy cuz he needs a big man and cant win witout one DUH!!...and as far as sayin paul is just as amazing as kobe..u gotta be crazy kobe has been the man for years wit more 50 and 40 pt games than any active player and put up an 81 pt game and had 20 alone in the 1st qtr last game...Paul is amazing dont get me wrong be he isnt better than the best player in the world...and one more thing..about him being selfish...if he wuz they wudnt be the number 1 seeded team in the west they wud be on the bottom half on the seeds ..kobe for MVP

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
WHAT???....to win a title u need a 7 footer cmon thas not just kobe...T-mac witout Yao theyll never win a title..Paul witout West cant win a title...Nash witout Amari cant win..even Ginoboli witout duncan and ur tellin me kobes not worthy cuz he needs a big man and cant win witout one DUH!!...and as far as sayin paul is just as amazing as kobe..u gotta be crazy kobe has been the man for years wit more 50 and 40 pt games than any active player and put up an 81 pt game and had 20 alone in the 1st qtr last game...Paul is amazing dont get me wrong be he isnt better than the best player in the world...and one more thing..about him being selfish...if he wuz they wudnt be the number 1 seeded team in the west they wud be on the bottom half on the seeds ..kobe for MVP

But tell me what Kobe has done different this year that he didn't do last year that makes him deserving of MVP?

That's all I want to know?

He is the BEST PLAYER in the league. I'll give him that. Hell, he doesn't need me to give him that. He proves it every game. Someone pissed Lebron off and he has a monsterous game? Welcome to the school of Kobe Bryant. All you have to do is tell Kobe you are going to rape him like he did that girl in Colorado and he is going to have a 60 point game. He is a beast on the court. But I don't see him as MVP. He didn't do anything different. Only thing that changed for LA was Gasol. And now Kobe is an MVP. No way dog. And you can save all that number 1 seed shit cuz where was LA before Gasol?

Do you remember?

They were in 9th fukn place. They almost didn't even make it to the finals until Gasol got there. All I am saying is Kobe is no more deserving of MVP this year than he was any other year. I cannot, due to my own personal principles, take a guy, who SHITTED on his team at the beginning of the year and then make him an MVP because they are winning games.... because now they have a decent big man.

He doesn't deserve it in my eyes.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
its not over Jason kidd is top 5 PG's of all time its far from over..whether kidd wins or loses he wont be the one to blame..its not his fault NJ made such a bangin deal for him ..raping the Mav's of the soul for one player ...kidd is that dude regardless the best passer in the game

oh true indeed. Nothing taken away from Kidd you cant blame him for the Mav's woes and lack of enthusiasm and intensity. But, Paul has had one hell of a coming out party in the playoffs against Kidd and the Mavs.

Jason Kidd, hall of fame point guard all day. But, Its Chris Pauls time right now. only time will tell where he'll slot against cats like Kidd.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
oh true indeed. Nothing taken away from Kidd you cant blame him for the Mav's woes and lack of enthusiasm and intensity. But, Paul has had one hell of a coming out party in the playoffs against Kidd and the Mavs.

Jason Kidd, hall of fame point guard all day. But, Its Chris Pauls time right now. only time will tell where he'll slot against cats like Kidd.

Couldn't have said it better. I hope the Mavs show some heart tonight.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Only thing that changed for LA was Gasol. And now Kobe is an MVP. No way dog. And you can save all that number 1 seed shit cuz where was LA before Gasol?

Do you remember?

They were in 9th fukn place. They almost didn't even make it to the finals until Gasol got there. All I am saying is Kobe is no more deserving of MVP this year than he was any other year. I cannot, due to my own personal principles, take a guy, who SHITTED on his team at the beginning of the year and then make him an MVP because they are winning games.... because now they have a decent big man.

Man, that's truth. My Lakers bias is changing...

There's a lot of truth in what Ominous is saying though. Let's look at Shaq. Shaq made everyone better around him. Let's look at the stars he made.

1. Penny Hardaway -- used to be the "shit", Shaq made him better. Sucked w/o Shaq.
2. Kobe Bryant -- Shaq made him better. After Shaq left, Lakers sucked. Trust me, when the Clippers were the best team in L.A. for a while, Lakers fans knew it.
3. Dwayne Wade -- do I need to fucking tell you about this? Pathetic. The new Penny Hardaway.

With the Suns -- I don't know what Shaq will do. Your big man theory is right. The only cat I know that proved there was no need for a dominant big man to win a championship was Michael Jordan. 'Nuff said.

Damn, Chris Paul...

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

There's a lot of truth in what Ominous is saying though. Let's look at Shaq. Shaq made everyone better around him. Let's look at the stars he made.

1. Penny Hardaway -- used to be the "shit", Shaq made him better. Sucked w/o Shaq.
2. Kobe Bryant -- Shaq made him better. After Shaq left, Lakers sucked. Trust me, when the Clippers were the best team in L.A. for a while, Lakers fans knew it.
3. Dwayne Wade -- do I need to fucking tell you about this? Pathetic. The new Penny Hardaway.

With the Suns -- I don't know what Shaq will do. Your big man theory is right. The only cat I know that proved there was no need for a dominant big man to win a championship was Michael Jordan. 'Nuff said.

Damn, Chris Paul...

but jordan had which scorer and a big PG pippen a dominant rebounder in rodman clutch shooters in Kerr Kukoc ...
and about what u said about kobe..if wade wuznt in the heat and shaq went there they wud be just like the lakers did after he left..deflated..Shaq needs that other star in the perimeter like Wade or kobe.so actually they need each other like great teams who win titles do..Jordan-Pippen..Park-Duncan-.Robinson-Duncan,Magic-Jabbar

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
but jordan had which scorer and a big PG pippen a dominant rebounder in rodman clutch shooters in Kerr Kukoc ...
and about what u said about kobe..if wade wuznt in the heat and shaq went there they wud be just like the lakers did after he left..deflated..Shaq needs that other star in the perimeter like Wade or kobe.so actually they need each other like great teams who win titles do..Jordan-Pippen..Park-Duncan-.Robinson-Duncan,Magic-Jabbar

exactly...who has won a championship by themself?????

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Don't forget the Detroit pistons in both 1989/1990. It was mostly Isiah thomas and Joe Dumars running the show. All their 4's and 5's were good but really role-players.

Damn, Chris Paul...

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19

Damn, Chris Paul...

I disagree about Penny...its unfair to say he sucked without Shaq because he had a career altering injury. He was one of the many considered "the next Jordan", so you got to give him some credit. Plus he has worked his *** off to get back from his injury.