New DMX!!!

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
The hip hop and club world would be perfect if that was true. Is not that way down south at all. It's suppose to be...but it's not! These club owners are GREEDY...they let anything in with a pulse seems like. They I.D. earlier in the night but once it gets around midnight the rules go out the door. An 18 year old got up in Central Station in Atlanta and merk'd a few people when a fight broke out last New Years Eve. That joint is still up and running. Money talks when it comes to these sleezy club owners. They worry about the fallout afterwards!

Well damn, thats crazy. Guess yall gotta ask for ID, Birth certificate and SocSec # before you take something home lol

I think a good strategy for X would be come back as himself but go after a wider crowd (like J, Kanye and Lil Pain is doing). I wouldn't even worry about Ross' fans. I think he's got a shot, I don't think it would be a totally hopeless cause if he keeps everything straight in his life and such.

True, that'd be the marketing I was referring to, and production. He'd have to find his pacing in non sampled beats too.

X is a talent.....no doubt about that! I hope for every reason outside of hip hop he stays clean and out of jail. Notice..he says in the song that if he can't or doesn't get this right he may off himself. I believe him! He may not do it in the way described but surely extensive drug use can and will get you there!

Agreed. He has alot of lives to live for

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
With the right production, and marketing, classic X could steal both Waka Flocka, Ross', and a few other's audiences. He can give enough street ignorance to pull away from them, but adds the prayer and honesty raps to complete the lifestyle and make those brands irrelevant.

It won't happen even with the right production and marketing. X would have to reinvent himself to survive in today's us pop market.

Most of flockas, Ross, wayne fans are teens... True Ross appeals to a slightly older crowd but his flow vs classic X? X won't stand a chance unless he changes...

He can go the touring route and it will last a little.. his best bet is to take his work overseas where hiphop is more appreciated

Now if he is willing to change then yes the right marketing will do it in the states but if not.. pfff

Because his flow and timing does not work today

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Because his flow and timing does not work today

This would be the only reason I see it not working. Conversely, Its been 20 yrs, X's flow is a rarity, its almost time for it to come back in style (3-4yrs)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Auto-tuned DMX ... yay!

I'd off myself.

actually...i retract that......

the way this industry is these days...I would not be surprised......more saddened than anything else..

X is one of my favorites...

In his records you could feel his pain and anguish.. You know what he spit was as true as one could get...you could see his life through his records...

Dude is awesome, and he comes out with an album, I'll be 2nd to Dac to purchase it....because you'll know what to expect from X.... He's a troubled man, but definitely a huge talent....

Two of my favorite X records

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yo Slippin was my ish!

Can't forget this either...X is dope! I don't think this cut made an album (if it did, somebody school me...). The song was on the movie "Romeo Must Die" but the beat on this is PURE fuggin crack!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i-pzQqTRpQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i-pzQqTRpQ[/ame]

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
One of my Favs

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0nAjxPV-E8"]DMX - I Can Feel It - YouTube[/ame]

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
You hear his HITS...and his HITS were dope....... They weren't just HITS to get people to the store, those tracks were dope....

It's a shame that today's hip-hop fails to acknowledge him as one of the best....