November 23-26, 2011 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
For Round 3 there won't be a poll, so everyone will have to reply with their 2 picks, not 1. Unfortunately, the poll system doesn't allow for choosing only 2.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
OR you could do a poll for three, and we choose the one that doesn't move on.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
NOT! Why don't you 'composers' up your sample game! Shit, that would kill us Sample heads!

Exactly...step your games up...

I could sample all day.... that's my thing thing...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
For most of the comp only 7 or 8 people voted. I see 11 in two of them...hmmmmm

I think I know who's taking this.....

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Word of advice...if you're going to have a hype ass crazy "I'm bout to slaughter this dude" intro---------------------make damn sure you drop a beat behind it to back all that shhhh up.

I'm running for cover thinking a Neutron Bombs about to drop killing erry body and when the war starts there's one sumbich throwing fruity pebbles from a roof top.

I'd much rather be set up by a weak intro and have an "aiight beat" drop

end rant....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I disagree...it's not a 'battle beat' competition, it's a 'best beat' comp per Fade. Be as creative as you want.

Fade said:
Please vote for who you think has the better overall beat. Do not vote for the best BATTLE beat. You must vote for the BEST beat.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I remember in the beginning years ago, that was one of the issues we had so I had to put up that message. Everyone was NOT voting for people because it wasn't a battle beat. I would like to hear more battle type beats, but it is what it is, so we should just go for whatever is dope overall.

But I know what LDB is saying, it's about the intro to that particular sound, it doesn't go with the beat's style.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I'm not sure what song you guys are talking about but if it was mine, the intro starts out with George Lopez...you know the comedian? as in a very funny guy doing stand up? If I were shooting for a battle intro, it would have been scarface all the way through and much harder.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
But I know what LDB is saying, it's about the intro to that particular sound, it doesn't go with the beat's style.

Exactly. Some set ups work...some don't. A generic set up with something dope dropping behind it usually wins you over because it's unexpected. A dope set up whether it's from a comedian or anyone else is still a dope set up. If it's gangsta I expect something gangsta droppin' behind it. That's just my take on it. I shoot from the hip....I know that's not to popular around here right now.

At the end may the dopest beat banger come out on top. My one little vote is just that..one little vote.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Congrats to all those that are moving forward!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
dont like the join dates of some of these voters man PPL voting with Join Date: Nov 17, 2011 and like 2 posts costing me the match

lol.....u said it......I thought it!

I was trying to figure out how in the 2nd round 11 people voted in two battles while only 7 to 8 voted in the others. Did 3 members just omit the other two battles....that's not cool at all...how are u going to listen and vote in two battles and disrespect the other two like that?

I'm think next year you should have to type your winners name so we can see WHO voted. This poll system does not allow that.

Also....since there was a bye on the right side...would Some Guy have to be beaten twice by Daclion "if he loses"?

Digiteq

Battle Points: 1
al have use all on your knees!:) ko what is ther yearly battle about some one fill me in ?

Fred Knox

I can understand the suspicion about join dates but I've been a member here since 2003 my old name was beat off but I ain't logged in in so long I guess it expired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online