Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Damn, what the hell happened?? So many upsets and scandal theories hahaa

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I like entering these for the sake of entering them. It's not that serious for me. With that my gripe is that I look @ the polls and some have way more votes than others. I think that's kinda wack on the person who votes for one and not the other.

I hear what Fred Knox is saying.....although it does look suspect, in my opinion.... Of course there's a great chance that I'm wrong. It just doesn't look kosher.

But at the end of the day..It's just a beat battle and no one is losing money on this. I think with what I've heard here, illmuzik wins altogether. I would've liked to win for the membership, and to be the first BT winner to use a different style of hip-hop music. Ultimately, it would not get you the crown, here.

I do give props to those who voted for those kinds of beats, for what they were as opposed to the types of rappers that spit over them.

Which is also why I am asking for themed rounds next year, I think it takes sample heads out of their element, and makes the non-sampling heads do something out of their element, with the sample flip as the final round.....because..well......Hip-hop was built on sampling....

Also....since there was a bye on the right side...would Some Guy have to be beaten twice by Daclion "if he loses"?

I hear you, man... But you can't predict that both of those entrants would miss the deadline. It was just a fluke that he got the bye.

I honestly have SG winning this barring someone dropping a fucking atom bomb in the finals against him. Nothing against Dac, I don't think anyone's beating this dude.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I think that's kinda wack on the person who votes for one and not the other.

Very suspect...especially since it only happen in one round. You were getting beat early but on the other side Quiet Composer was ahead big time and got walked down with like 4 or 5 votes being cast the other way a couple hours before the polls closed. Today it's 9 votes cast in both sides. Things that make you go "hmmmmmmmmm"....I'm just saying. I know some people designate ME... the neighborhood shit starter but I call it like I see it.....hate it or love it!

yungbeats

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 183
yeah im seeing what you guys talking about!!! in my case this round its like playing an away game! i was up 3-1 then went down 6-3 im sure we all been watching the voting pattern's so you would know this seems well.................. ^^^^^^^^^^^

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I got a question for you guys...Please read it carefully...If I found a dope ass jewel and made 8 - 16 bar chops, I mean HUGE chops (taking very little, if any, from the original sample) and then put a drum beat behind it. Would you respect that as one of MY flips? Just curious?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
yeah im seeing what you guys talking about!!! in my case this round its like playing an away game! i was up 3-1 then went down 6-3 im sure we all been watching the voting pattern's so you would know this seems well.................. ^^^^^^^^^^^

lol....I got my theory...but I'm not trying to go there right now. I'm not Herman Cain but 9-9 at the same exact time almost is suspect in itself.

ah ha ha ha ha...these vote counts are going UP big time....11 voters on one side...12 on the other.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I got a question for you guys...Please read it carefully...If I found a dope ass jewel and made 8 - 16 bar chops, I mean HUGE chops (taking very little, if any, from the original sample) and then put a drum beat behind it. Would you respect that as one of MY flips? Just curious?

If it was dope who cares?? If you're trying to sell thats different though

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100

I respect any good beat. Looped or not. But if its a flip battle and the other guy's sounds completely different and yours sounds the same as the original. I would vote for the other guy. That doesn't mean the beat aint hot tho. But if you call it a flip it has to be flipped. I wouldn't lable it a flip if its just a hot sampled joint.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
i would say its just sampling which its cool its all music i meen get you some loops threw a mean drum beat on it!!! now flipping is like to me changing the whole feel of the sample

If it was dope who cares?? If you're trying to sell thats different though

Some Guy said:
I respect any good beat. Looped or not. But if its a flip battle and the other guy's sounds completely different and yours sounds the same as the original. I would vote for the other guy. That doesn't mean the beat aint hot tho. But if you call it a flip it has to be flipped. I wouldn't lable it a flip if its just a hot sampled joint.

Cool, I did that before I learned how to really tear a beat apart but now I kinda view it as BS! There's nothing (but the drums...) that say that I did anything with it so, I (personally) wouldn't even feel right calling it "my flip" or "my beat". But thanks anyway, that helped.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.

If it's a dope, it's dope.

Using the cliche.. "No matter how you slice it" my dude.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
If it's a dope, it's dope.

Using the cliche.. "No matter how you slice it" my dude.

From a production stand point I can't "respect" it. It's more like a dj remix some shit. If it sounds dope it sounds dope though. I will say this....if you did this and really had to work the sample to be able to get drums to even work with it, it would carry more weight. i.e a sample that really had no sync'd drum track in the first and swung all over the place..i.e some live shit. U would definitely have to get your time stretching skills on to get it to flow right and most times that takes skills.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I feel where you come from, esp from a DJ stand point... It works on some tracks, for example:

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Man, there's NO creativity in that! I'm NOT feeling that at all but it is what it is and the jury has spoken...general consent says it's OK. =(

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
From a production stand point I can't "respect" it. It's more like a dj remix some shit. If it sounds dope it sounds dope though. I will say this....if you did this and really had to work the sample to be able to get drums to even work with it, it would carry more weight. i.e a sample that really had no sync'd drum track in the first and swung all over the place..i.e some live shit. U would definitely have to get your time stretching skills on to get it to flow right and most times that takes skills.

Let me revise this so it's clearly understood.

If you do this for an album song it's cool.

If you do this for a competition where you're suppose to be showing off your "production skills" NOT COOL.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I will cosign that ^

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Eventhough I've seen some crazy ish in these comps, I think it's safe to Congratulate both Yung and Some Guy on making it to the final round - and SG for taking it all. You both came hard with it and deserved to be at the top. Great work from both of you.

Congrats Some Guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online