November 23-27, 2011 - FINALS: Yungbeats vs. Some Guy

• warzone (apr 26-27) signup begins in...

Who has the best beat?

• Yungbeats

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Some Guy

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Damn you're a quadruple threat.

My take is, I dont really buy the whole mix thing as far as the final battle is concerned. If I lost I lost, but it wasnt because of the mix. My mix wasnt that terrible that you couldn't hear all the sampling and composition. Even with a different mix you just weren't feelin the track. It didnt shine to your non-hobby professional ears. Thats cool with me. But the mix was solid enough for a battle. Weather you think the track is wack that's a different matter.

Thats all this is. Opinions based on different peoples ears. Im only droppin the lessons that have worked for me (Or costed me. from direct feedback). This got blown way out of proportion from what I meant it as lol.

Your beat was good from what I remember. The mix actually wasnt that bad, I just felt like the beat called for a bit more. You made it to the finals for a reason dude. Its all personal opinion, I liked the beat (In a non battle context) Plus Im sure you got tracks that I'd fuckin love. I mean, everyone has posted tracks that I havent liked and posted joints I'd smile while spitting on.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
ah ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Let me Private message Fred and Some Guy

There's only room for one BAD GUY around here and "I's He"....next thing u know they'll be saying that we roll together and put us on there "Terrorist watch" list or the "I really wish I could ban this MF but he won't cross the line far enough" list.

DON'T BECOME A THREAT....THEY'LL ATTEMPT TO BLACK BALL U ROUND HERE

Put the pad lock on the thread....lmao

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Hahahaaha! The more the marrier

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Ok....Let someone who matters speak here...

My opinion on this is this... If you have a dope beat and a shitty mix.....it's a shitty beat and incomplete...

Now if you have an average beat with a polished mix...it's going to be way better, because it's more pleasing to the ears.

You guys happy now?

You should've called me in to referee this shit a while ago....

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Ok....Let someone who matters speak here...
hahaha

Whats better:

Average track, with good mix.

or

Bangin track, with average mix.

Mix is important but the content of the music will always be more important to me. Theres a lot of terribly mixed tracks that blow up too. So I dont buy mixing as being 80% of a track which was the original dumb ass argument by the quadruple threat.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Lol....

I agree...the music is most important, but you can ruin a dope record with a bad mix.....

I've given an artist a poorly mixed beat and they didn't feel it....but when I put a decent mix on it....he told me it was like listening to the beat for the first time.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
hahaha

Whats better:

Average track, with good mix.

or

Bangin track, with average mix.

Mix is important but the content of the music will always be more important to me. Theres a lot of terribly mixed tracks that blow up too. So I dont buy mixing as being 80% of a track which was the original dumb ass argument by the quadruple threat.

No need to PMS over an exaggeration. 80% was just a number to show how big an affect it has on the end product. Why was that taken SO literal? hahaha

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.

Exactly....

As I said in the "other other thread" I haven't heard a beat on ILL that didn't have some what of a mix on it. Processing instruments is the next level. Hell if you adjust your levels you're starting to mix the BEAT. Some of the argument here was on some "hypothetical shit" that didn't happen in the first. We get a lot of HYPOTHETICAL arguments around here so dudes can try and prove there points. YOUR WINNING BEAT may not have had the best mix on it but it was FAR from garbage and there's no way a potential buyer wouldn't purchase it based on it not being all out mixed. And hell no, mixing a BEAT is not 80% of that beat...get da fukk outta here with that. To exaggerate shit to attempt to prove ones points is b.s in itself. "Where dey do that at"...never mind..some do it here!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
All I do know is that this argument is a dead horse and yall niggas keep kicking the corpse.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
To exaggerate shit to attempt to prove ones points is b.s in itself.

A slight exaggeration. I was just typing in a rush not knowing everyone had their emotions tied into it. Def wasnt that serious, nor serious enough to continue saying the same thing I been saying the whole time when yall keep misconscrewing my point to make your own. Now its done.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
A slight exaggeration. I was just typing in a rush not knowing everyone had their emotions tied into it. Def wasnt that serious, nor serious enough to continue saying the same thing I been saying the whole time when yall keep misconscrewing my point to make your own. Now its done.

Nice sparing witcha potnah.....lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online