November 23-27, 2011 - FINALS: Yungbeats vs. Some Guy

• warzone (apr 26-27) signup begins in...

Who has the best beat?

• Yungbeats

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Some Guy

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Some of these Guy (pun intended) are hard to please....lol

Add glitter next time...

Better yet a Puffy and Mase shinny two piece...lmao

Respect man. That compliment is more than enough. I really hope U, Yung, JD and Quiet Composer stay active around here. U guys remind me of how it used to be when I first joined.

Someguy and youngguys beat was hard. Someguys beat didn't shine? What's that mean? Lol.

Yall mufukkas is funny lol. The beat wasnt as polished mix wise. It was slow and sort of dragged compared to The south joint. Its a battle, if you get outshined you are dull = Didnt shine. It mightve just been a mix issue but mixing is 79% of a beat so it cant be slacked on. Plus the Arrangment and switch up murdered. I dont give a fuck about South or sampled. I hate generic sampled beats as much as I do generic south beats. Yungs was polished a bit more to me, all this baby oil shit is where yall minds is at lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I got some baby oil...bout to smother it on one of my wifey's bootycheeks.

The only thing that's going to grow ILL is diversity....not one member who thinks they have all the answers..not a mod, not even the site owner. It's members that drop dope shit, drop dope knowledge and don't look at certain genre's as "THE ENEMY OF HIP HOP".....

I blame the south for being there when NY couldn't hold it down, anymore.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
mixing is 79% of a beat so it cant be slacked on.

That 79% is in your world only.

Besides...75% says Some Guy had those "high beams" on....that's all that matters right now.

Where did you get that from? I never said I didn't like synths.

Don't make me dig up beats weekly footage where you admit you don't care for synth much..don't make me.

I blame the south for being there when NY couldn't hold it down, anymore.

Now look at u....u just gave me something to drop in my sig....lmao

I got some baby oil...bout to smother it on one of my wifey's bootycheeks.

You're late son....The NFL games have been so damn weak today that I need an ice pack. I've been "bangin" all day. Wifey is actually snoring.....I got hungry so I'm "in this damn left over Turkey dressing" getting refueled...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
That 79% is in your world only.

Besides...75% says Some Guy had those "high beams" on....that's all that matters right now.

Its funny you are the one to say that, cause in the real world and most of the internet, where beats that make careers and $$$, you know, the place where the type of beats that YOU make rule? Yea, the mix is that important. lol

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Its funny you are the one to say that, cause in the real world and most of the internet, where beats that make careers and $$$, you know, the place where the type of beats that YOU make rule? Yea, the mix is that important. lol

it was said in the context that this was a beat battle...these aren't records YET....nuff said

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
it was said in the context that this was a beat battle...these aren't records YET....nuff said

Cool, in the context of an ILLmuzik beat battle. Still doesnt change my original point, I'll respect yours though.

Nor does it take away from what anyone did/accomplished during this competition.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
TI've been "bangin" all day. Wifey is actually snoring.....I got hungry so I'm "in this damn left over Turkey dressing" getting refueled...

Well...after flag football....then some errands....didn't have much time....so yeah....I was watching Tebow time, also.

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100

Maybe you could give me a couple of pointers as far as mixing. So I can step my mix game up to a battle ready level.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Maybe you could give me a couple of pointers as far as mixing. So I can step my mix game up to a battle ready level.

Absolutely, DM me your email.

Fred Knox

Yall mufukkas is funny lol. The beat wasnt as polished mix wise. It was slow and sort of dragged compared to The south joint. Its a battle, if you get outshined you are dull = Didnt shine. It mightve just been a mix issue but mixing is 79% of a beat so it cant be slacked on. Plus the Arrangment and switch up murdered. I dont give a fuck about South or sampled. I hate generic sampled beats as much as I do generic south beats. Yungs was polished a bit more to me, all this baby oil shit is where yall minds is at lol

That's your opinion and I respect it but how is mixing 79% of a beat? If a beat is hot you can pay to have it mixed professionally, the heat can't be taken away. If a beat is trash no amount of mixing in the world can help it. There's plenty of well mixed trash out there.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
That's your opinion and I respect it but how is mixing 79% of a beat? If a beat is hot you can pay to have it mixed professionally, the heat can't be taken away. If a beat is trash no amount of mixing in the world can help it. There's plenty of well mixed trash out there.

A trash beat is trash. If its cool, the mix will make it dope. And for the record a percent is just an estimation not literal. A trash mix will make a dope beat unlistenable , and vice versa, like you said. But if you want your good tracks to have a chance you better have a dope mix. I mean, thats if you want to compete on a professional world class level. Remember it all affects your reputation, on the net or real life.

And why pay to do what you can do yourself? Dont wait on another man to do what you are capable of. You can learn how to do it yourself, but never sell yourself short on the mix. NEVER.

Fred Knox

A trash beat is trash. If its cool, the mix will make it dope. And for the record a percent is just an estimation not literal. A trash mix will make a dope beat unlistenable , and vice versa, like you said. But if you want your good tracks to have a chance you better have a dope mix. I mean, thats if you want to compete on a professional world class level. Remember it all affects your reputation, on the net or real life.

And why pay to do what you can do yourself? Dont wait on another man to do what you are capable of. You can learn how to do it yourself, but never sell yourself short on the mix. NEVER.

Eh, an ok beat will still be an ok beat with a good mix, not getting how a mix can turn a cool beat to a dope beat? lol. No matter how good you may think your mix is if you sell it professionally they gonna re mix your beat in a studio. Have you heard 9th wonders mixes? They are horrible yet he has a track on the black album.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Eh, an ok beat will still be an ok beat with a good mix, not getting how a mix can turn a cool beat to a dope beat? lol. No matter how good you may think your mix is if you sell it professionally they gonna re mix your beat in a studio. Have you heard 9th wonders mixes? They are horrible yet he has a track on the black album.

He's also ninth wonder lol, you aint him, nor have his connects, OR his fan base. I will also venture to say he does get mixes, and that they are just lowkey, like his personality. (The fan base matters because getting a track from 9th means you get his legion of loyal fans to listen as well. More bang for your money)

Its about the listener and/or the rapper/buyer, a cool beat with a dope mix > A dope beat without a dope mix. Its a element to staying competitive, and increasing the listening pleasure. You want the rapper to have a close to the final product for writing and recording as possible (Without a limiter and alot of headroom) so there are no surprises when it comes time to mix. There can be PLENTY of issues on that end. Then they'll ask for stems (not so much anymore) and mix the vocals in (If just the MP3, it matters even more to have a dope mix).

I can make a cool beat sound doper than a dope beat with a crap mix. Easy, Trust me.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Try to imagine a 'good' beat from a bad mix, the mix pretty much makes the beat (good or bad), now if you had a good mix on a average beat, the mix will make that average beat better...I think that's DOX's point.

In either case, one of you guys need to start a new thread on this because it's waaaaay off topic.

Fred Knox

He's also ninth wonder lol, you aint him, nor have his connects, OR his fan base. I will also venture to say he does get mixes, and that they are just lowkey, like his personality. (The fan base matters because getting a track from 9th means you get his legion of loyal fans to listen as well. More bang for your money)

Its about the listener and/or the rapper/buyer, a cool beat with a dope mix > A dope beat without a dope mix. Its a element to staying competitive, and increasing the listening pleasure. You want the rapper to have a close to the final product for writing and recording as possible (Without a limiter and alot of headroom) so there are no surprises when it comes time to mix. There can be PLENTY of issues on that end. Then they'll ask for stems (not so much anymore) and mix the vocals in (If just the MP3, it matters even more to have a dope mix).

I can make a cool beat sound doper than a dope beat with a crap mix. Easy, Trust me.

You sitting here like jay z called 9th for beats like he's been a platinum producer for years, read up on how it happened. You also acting like 9th helped jay z lol. He don't need 9th wonder. Humble yourself the last few cats with that know it all attitude ended up getting clowned once it was time for them to post their tracks.

Try to imagine a 'good' beat from a bad mix, the mix pretty much makes the beat (good or bad), now if you had a good mix on a average beat, the mix will make that average beat better...I think that's DOX's point.

In either case, one of you guys need to start a new thread on this because it's waaaaay off topic.

No he's saying a good mix will make an average beat dope which is ridiculous.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
You sitting here like jay z called 9th for beats like he's been a platinum producer for years, read up on how it happened. You also acting like 9th helped jay z lol. He don't need 9th wonder. Humble yourself the last few cats with that know it all attitude ended up getting clowned once it was time for them to post their tracks.

Hahahaha I was actually posting that for more knowledge (For those producers that think not having a fanbase means nothing, the more you offer the better. Not really really meant for Jayz obviously). Dont read to far into it its just the net, no need to feel some type of way about it lol. It wasnt a shot at you, not to mention you missed the whole point, but w/e

Ive posted mad tracks on here fam (And offline), just cause my links and avatar is gone dont think Im some light weight. (Im the last person to big up myself or have an ego, you can ask around on that too, also, there are worse "Know-It-Alls" in the world) Just trying to share some knowledge.

But if me sharing knowledge bothers you, ignore it, simple right?

Knox vs Dox... hell yea!!! no more of that "ur beat is better" "no urs is" bs... u guys are gonna make me throw tha fuck up... sheesh.

da relic

lmaooooo!

No he's saying a good mix will make an average beat dope which is ridiculous.

Let me clarify, The beat most likey WILL be better, but the song and end result garanteed WILL be better. Im a rapper 1st, producer 2nd and engineer/percussionist/etc after. Im focused only on SONGS. Not a hobbyist by any means

Some Guy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Knox vs Dox... hell yea!!! no more of that "ur beat is better" "no urs is" bs... u guys are gonna make me throw tha fuck up... sheesh.

da relic

I agree. Somebody throw a chair.

Let me clarify, The beat most likey WILL be better, but the song and end result garanteed WILL be better. Im a rapper 1st, producer 2nd and engineer/percussionist/etc after. Im focused only on SONGS. Not a hobbyist by any means

Damn you're a quadruple threat.

My take is, I dont really buy the whole mix thing as far as the final battle is concerned. If I lost I lost, but it wasnt because of the mix. My mix wasnt that terrible that you couldn't hear all the sampling and composition. Even with a different mix you just weren't feelin the track. It didnt shine to your non-hobby professional ears. Thats cool with me. But the mix was solid enough for a battle. Weather you think the track is wack that's a different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.