November 24-28, 2004 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the November 24-28th competition, please post them in here.

Please check the Battle That pages first for answers.

*Important: Please remember to read ALL of the info/rules carefully! And remember that there is a $10 entry fee!

Thanks.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
tricky spinz said:
any time limits? i didn't see any in the rules.

First you signup with a beat you want to use to enter the battle. We will check this beat to make sure it's dope! Then once you're in, you'll see the info for uploading the beats. It's 4 minutes at 64kbps.

MR_P said:
If I upload a beat for the entry form, can I add to / modify it before the comp or should it be the final mix for the first battle??

The beat you submit on the signup page is just to "get you in" the battle. Once you're accepted and you pay the fee, then you'll get further instructions. It's quite simple.

MarkN said:
if we sign up do we have a beat 100% complete now to upload with our form ready for the first round ! if so i'll have to get working !
but yea im down for this !

No, no. Just any beat, any kind of time (not too long!). It's just so you can enter, that's all. The signup beat is not a beat you're using in the battle itself, just to ENTER the battle.

Maybe I should re-write things!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Everyone check the signup page now, I made some changes. It should be clear enough now.

So to recap:

1. Go here to signup: https://www.illmuzik.com/battlethat/signup.php
2. Upload an MP3 file, any length, any bitrate.
3. This beat is just so you can "enter" the battle, it won't be used in the battle itself.
4. There's no theme, it's an all out battle. Themes are for the Beat This! competition.

Any other questions, just ask away!

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Ok fade this question is kinda specfic

I will be out the country between nov 19 and nov 29(im going to Africa). Needless to say i probolly wont have high speed access to upload my beats during that time. If accpeted, is it possible for me to upload all my beats before hand???(before nov 19) Or do u have to upload them after each round.

class.....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
tricky spinz said:
so unless you can prove you've got the talent to make a hot beat you don't get in eh? i like it...

Yeah basically that's it. LOL.

classic said:
Ok fade this question is kinda specfic

I will be out the country between nov 19 and nov 29(im going to Africa). Needless to say i probolly wont have high speed access to upload my beats during that time. If accpeted, is it possible for me to upload all my beats before hand???(before nov 19) Or do u have to upload them after each round.

class.....

Once you're accepted (shouldn't take long, I want to make the process quick and painless), then you'll be redirected to the upload page where you'll upload all 4 beats (4 rounds, 1 beat each round). This way if you advance each round, I'll already have your next beat ready to upload for you. :) Am I good or what?

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
Fade said:
Once you're accepted (shouldn't take long, I want to make the process quick and painless), then you'll be redirected to the upload page where you'll upload all 4 beats (4 rounds, 1 beat each round). This way if you advance each round, I'll already have your next beat ready to upload for you. :) Am I good or what?

ok, so just clarify for me. we can use either 4 beats, or 1 beat right? no number inbetween? it's either one beat for the whole comp, or 4 seperate beats, one for each round? so we have to have all 4 beats done before the comp starts if we want to use 4 beats?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You'll see when you get to the upload page. You'll have the option to upload all 4 at once, or just 1.

See, you can use only 1 beat through the whole battle (if you advance) or use a new beat each round (4 rounds = 4 beats). Or just 2 beats for the whole thing, whatever. But the maximum is 4 beats in total. And when you upload them, you'll specify which beat is for which round.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
AHHHH, ok. i wasn't sure how you were gonna know what round each beat went with. well, that's really cool. damn fade, you're running a tight ship here. very efficient.

i'm a bit stumped though as to why anyone would enter 4 beats. why not just enter your single best beat?

oo oo! one more thing. can we reuse the beat that we submit to gain entry in the comp itself?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Beat or Track?

Can you upload a complete song with vocals included or is this strictly a beat competition?

I know this is probably a no brainer but in the rules it says any kind of hip hop track but everything else refers to "beats". The rules also say there is no theme or restriction on the type of file uploaded as long as it is a hip hop track. So.....to me that means a track with vocals. I don't want to assume. For example, can you upload a remix that has vocals?

What is the deadline for upload?

I know the contest is between the 24th and the 28th but is there an official cut off for uploads? I see there is a limit of 20 sign ups so I know that comes into play if you wait too long but what is the definite cut off date.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ominous said:
Can you upload a complete song with vocals included or is this strictly a beat competition?

Thanks for bringing that up. Check the signup page again, I updated it. There's no theme, but the same rule applies as in the Beat This! Competitions. No theme, but it must be an instrumental (occasional vocal snippets are okay). This was the way it was last year.

Ominous said:
What is the deadline for upload?

I know the contest is between the 24th and the 28th but is there an official cut off for uploads? I see there is a limit of 20 sign ups so I know that comes into play if you wait too long but what is the definite cut off date.

Keep checking the main Battle That! page, I'll be updating it a lot. I'll be posting the cut off date for the signups real soon. There isn't a limit of 20 signups. That's for Beat This. This one will be in 16's.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
THiS KiNDA oF DiSMiSSES THE ELEMENT oF THE STRATEGY, UPLoADiNG ALL THE BEATS FoR EACH RoUND BEFoREHAND KiNDA SUCKS. i DoNT KNoW HoW EVERYBoDY ELSE FEEL BUT i LiKE To KNow WHo iM BATTLiNG BEFoRE i JUST PUT A BEAT UP. i KNoW WHAT BEATS iM GoNNA USE BUT i DoNT HAVE A SET SEQUENCE FoR THE RoUNDS.

RELEASE;

Status
Not open for further replies.