November 24-28, 2004 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Just a reminder to everyone in case they didn't read all of the rules; the Staff's votes count for 60% and the regular members 40%.

This was done to enforce fair judging, in case some members are only voting for their 'boys' or whatever. Plus this also dates back to the Metrosoul wins in the Beat This! comps. LOL ya.

Anyway, the voting closes at 8pm ET and then I will total up the votes as fast as I can, then put up the OFFICIAL results. That means that even when the polls close at 8pm, what you see aren't the actual results. ;)

Mox of Blazin'

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
AYO! CHECK THIS Y'ALL... i'M FINNA GET SIGNED!
OKAY. I MIGHT GET SIGNED.
BUT LIKE 30 MINUTES AGO THIS COMPANY CALLED TALENT UNLIMITED CALLED ME UP AND TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE FEELING MY DEMO WHICH WAS PASSED ON TO THEM BY DTP RECORDS.
SO THEY TOLD ME ABOUT THERE BUSINESS AND WHO THEY GOT SIGNED, (CHINGY) WAS ONE OF THE NAMES THAT STOOD OUT. UMM.. THEY NEED ME TO PAY THEM A COUPLE HUNDRED TO THEM WHICH WILL COVER LAWYER FEES AND THEIR SERVICES.
I'LL HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THEM. THEY WILL SHOP MY TO EVERYBODY!!! AND IF THEY CAN GET ME A DEAL OF SOME KIND, THEY GET 20% OF THE ADVANCE MONEY AND THATS IT... I DON'T GOTTA FUKKS W/ THEM EVER AGAIN.

SO MAN.. I'M REAL CLOSE TO ACHIEVING SOME GOALS OF MINE. FINALLY...
ME AND MY PEOPLE BEEN WORKING HARD TO JUST GET OUR MUSIC HEARD AND NOW WE CAN GET HEARD BY EVERY LABEL U CAN THINK OF BECAUSE WE HAVE A REPUTABLE SOURCE WHO WILL REPRESENT MY MUSIC FOR ME.

WISH ME LUCK Y'ALL. I WANT THIS SH1T BAD AND PLUS IT'S RIGHT ON TIMING, ABOUT TO GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOL.

AS FOR THE BATTLE THAT COMP. I'M VERY PLEASED THAT SO MANY PEOPLE VOTED MY BEAT THE BE THE BETTER OVERALL BEAT. THATS REAL KOO. AND OPPONENT IS MOS DEF CHALLENGE, TO SEE THAT I'M STILL HANGING IN THERE W/ MY RnB IS ENTERTAINING. LOL

IF I LOOSE THE 1ST ROUND I'LL HAVE THIS RECORD DEAL THING TO LLOK FORWARD TO. SO IT'S ALL GOOD FOR ME. IT WASN'T ALL GOOD A DAY AGO.

PEACE

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The results are in.

The close ones were MoxOfBlazin taking out Cleverwon, very very close percentages. Even the judges were stuck on this one.

But the REALLY close voting for today was Holmzini over MarkN. All the members were split on this as well as the judges, but Holmz managed to slip by only a slight percentage.

Good job to everyone, even those that didn't advance. As you all know, placings can change easily, and this was no exception. Good luck to everyone in Round 2! Check back tomorrow when it starts around 8am.

R

rah.soul

AYO Mox,

i'd step carefully. Do some research. If you want i'll have my connects do some research on 'Talent Unlimited' because i don't thin you should just shell out some money to some people you don't even know are legit just off a phone call.

I'd do some research and loko into this company before you go sending money

just a word of advice

Mox of Blazin'

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i did. i haven't found nothing about them on the internet just yet. Their name sounds familure though... hmm. i'll look 'em throughly by Friday, i gotta figure out what to use for round 2 for now

good looks

peace

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Good Luck!

Hey,

i wanna wish ya'll the best of luck possible! i'll try not to be too biased with my votes ;)

Best Of Luck,
Wings

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Just thought id say i didn't expect such a high level of beats in this comp i thought the first round woz good and the second is even better its gonna be close whoever wins it !
Every stepped their game up for this ! [enter trash talk] i still would have beasted you all if my comp hadn't had crashed ! but ya know good work !

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
just got to say... this is by far the best we have put together as a community. to be honest, there were a few people i knew would bring some great music but everyone suprised me; by and large there have a been so many great tracks thus far...

win, lose, or draw... we had a damn good battle guys.

and, we're only halfway through, and i dont expect a letdown from here on out..

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Round 2 is over! This one's going to be close this year because everyone's bringing heat. Make sure you check back tomorrow morning for the start of Round 3, and get your votes in.

Good luck to everyone!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Round 3 has started! Remember to get your votes in on time, the polls close at 8pm ET. Good luck to everyone, this is gonna be close...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Round 3 is over! Congratulations to FrictionBeats and ProducerGyal for getting this far. The finals will start tomorrow at 8am ET. Make sure to get your votes in and good luck to both contestants.

And everyone, please remember to vote for the best overall beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.