November 4-7, 2015 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Our yearly beat battle is about to pop off! If you have any comments or questions, please reply in this thread.

This year's battle will be from November 4-7th!

Information

For all the information, you can view the Battle That! Competition page, as well as the Battle That! Info page.

If you plan on entering, start preparing now!

Prizes

All the prizes can be seen on this page.

The 2015 Sponsors
  • Native Instruments
  • Drumbroker
  • SoundpackFlyer
  • Beatstruggles
  • DIY Music Biz

*Important: Please remember to read ALL of the info/rules carefully!

battlethat_flyer5.jpg

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
UPDATE

The final sponsor and prizes have been added, check them out.

Remember: The signups will be from October 26th-28th, at which time the 16 contestants will be chosen. Make sure you submit your best beat ever!

Because of the popularity of the contest, and the prizes at stake, I expect a high turnout. So unfortunately we have to choose the best contestants just to get into the battle.

So when you go to signup, that does not mean you are in the competition. If you are selected, you will be notified via email. At that point you will be notified as to where you can upload your beats for the battle.

I know that some members might get upset if they are not chosen, but if your beat is not that strong and you are allowed to compete, you will most likely not advance past the first round anyway. I know it sounds bad, but in the past we had this very problem. This is why we now screen the contestants when they sign up.

***Note: If you are a new member that signs up just for the battle, you must know that we will give preference to current members when choosing who enters the battle.

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 815
Not planning to enter. Maybe next year, but I have a question... Are u saying that we submit a beat, and that beat is judged to pick the best contestants? Then once contestants are picked they need to submit more beats to use in the contest??

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Not planning to enter. Maybe next year, but I have a question... Are u saying that we submit a beat, and that beat is judged to pick the best contestants? Then once contestants are picked they need to submit more beats to use in the contest??
Yes. It's been like that the past few years. Not necessarily "judged" but just given a listen to see how it matches up. Usually everyone gets in no problem.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The signups will open this afternoon. Again, please refer to my previous post about the signups and how some might not get in. Most likely there's no problem, it just depends on how many signups.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
*** Note: To all those signing up, it might be a day or two before I email you to let you know if you're in. I'm just leaving the signups open for a bit and see how many come in. From there I'll close it up and review the beats then contact the ones that are in.

Keep checking back here for updates.

renaissance

I am trying to enter with an mp3 file that is around 8MB large. Apparently it is too big, and suggestions to reduce size without losing quality

Status
Not open for further replies.