November 5-6, 2011 - Comments & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Why are the sign ups open everywhere but here? I saw that the sign ups where open first thing this morning via fb.

I uploaded mine via link from facebook. I hope there's no problem when the contest actually starts!

Fade...I need confirmation that u got be entry....

What do you mean? The signup page is there, you used it. Do you mean there's no story on here about the signups?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
What do you mean? The signup page is there, you used it. Do you mean there's no story on here about the signups?

Yes....It hasn't been announced on ILL....or am I just not seeing it because I came to ILL by way of facebook?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Nah, I just didn't post about it, that's all. Instead I put the link at the top of the forums here and send out emails to everyone.

BTW, there's still PLENTY of room for the Beat This, let's make this a good one. Don't turn this one into a dud!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
He's still wondering if you received his entry.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Nah, I just didn't post about it, that's all. Instead I put the link at the top of the forums here and send out emails to everyone.

BTW, there's still PLENTY of room for the Beat This, let's make this a good one. Don't turn this one into a dud!

That could be the reason people aren't signing up. I'm use to the notice link and an announcement here on the forum. I may check my email once a day at best. Anyway, I should be signed up. I doubt if we get too many people in this one being that it took a bit more work to sync up the acapella to a beat. Some can't do that...

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I got your beat.

I don't think it's it, I've done it like this before and it's a good turnout. I think the theme is what's a turnoff, not everyone likes remixing.

So everyone sign up!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Just uploaded my mix, had the hardest time getting the pella on beat. I did a little bit of choppin the file, but got lazy. oh well

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Just uploaded my mix, had the hardest time getting the pella on beat. I did a little bit of choppin the file, but got lazy. oh well

U pulled it off kid...I like it!

All 4 remixes are dope imo. Got shorted on one (lol) U know who u r....why didn't u use the entire acapella dude, u had 4 minutes????

Pretty dope competition with only 4 entries. 4 totally diff't flavors all pleasing to the hears. Great job everybody!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Lol....

Come on....Who wants to listen to the same song more than once? I felt that you can get the gist of the remix in a two minute track......

I could've gone the four minutes, but you would get the idea in two verses.

Most listeners aren't going to be listening to the entire track... So yeah...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Lol....

Most listeners aren't going to be listening to the entire track... So yeah...

As an A&R listening probably not. In this competition I would and did...lol Somebody's acapella could fall off in the 3rd verse which would give them the thumbs down. The rules where not that you HAD TO GO 4 MINUTES so it's definitely no knock on your entry. I was waiting on that final change up since u decided to go in that direction.

Again, I don't know who's taken this one....depends on the style the listener likes. I expected at least one BULLSHIT entry in the form of the acapella being waaaay oofffff but that didn't happen...lmao....everybody kept it pretty much tight and on point.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I thought yall were hyping the beats but the accapella makes it hard to judge. I didnt want to listen to all of each beat but I kind of had to because of the pella. Good comp, I actually think the few submissions made it ok for there to be an accapella, I was done listening by the 2nd beat lol

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
U pulled it off kid...I like it!

All 4 remixes are dope imo. Got shorted on one (lol) U know who u r....why didn't u use the entire acapella dude, u had 4 minutes????

Pretty dope competition with only 4 entries. 4 totally diff't flavors all pleasing to the hears. Great job everybody!

Thanks LDB, but for some reason i dont see the play buttons next to the entries so i can listen to the tracks on either of my PCs. anyone else having this issue?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Good job everybody, tough choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.