Outgrowing Illmuzik?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
First id like to say whats up to fade and all the illheads...nothing but luv from me.

So is it posible to outgrow illmuzik? Is there a point where you outgrow hip hop and what it represents? Personally I cant say you can if hip hop is truely in your blood. I have moved on to focus more on my family...mainly my little girl. I have reached that stage where my dreams come second to her future.

I will always have luv for hip hop but its no longer my main priority. As for the question...Can you outgrow it?...i think not...not in my heart anyway. What do you all think?

one,

dac

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
In the end, you dont have to ditch your desire to be a part of hiphop for your present day priorities. You just have keep your head in the game and stay connected so when your time frees your ready to go again. Its all about how motivated you really are to do that IMO. If you truely love making music and being a part of the culture you wont leave it and culture wont leave you.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I thought I was outgrowing it....

The day when I am no longer inspired to make music is the day I grow out of it.....I love the way my music comes together, it's an accomplishment each time I do a beat...which keeps me going at this time..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Its all about priorities, you have to look out for your kids no doubt, but if its truly in your blood I dont think you CAN outgrow it.. Im married to it, doesnt matter if I blow, Im doing it period.
At one point in my life I threw absolutely everything away to do it, family , eveything.
I dont want to stop, I take breaks, but I mean I dont think this is a "phase" for me, its been going on since '83 and approaching 40 Im still into making it like I was as a kid.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Out grow it? Nah........ TIME, AGE AND FAMILY force you to graduate to or away from certain levels of it? YES

When I first got into hip hop/rap I was an Emcee. I started producing because of necessity! There are so many levels, rooms, sectors, compartments etc etc in hip hop and music in general that you can still let your passion soar without giving up on it.

Today I produce (selectively), DJ (crazy money in this if you put yourself out there in the right situation, u can do this til you're old and gray...you just might have to go from hip hop to RnB or Soul music) and right now I'm gearing up for video production so I don't see myself ever walking away from it totally!

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
First id like to say whats up to fade and all the illheads...nothing but luv from me.

So is it posible to outgrow illmuzik? Is there a point where you outgrow hip hop and what it represents? Personally I cant say you can if hip hop is truely in your blood. I have moved on to focus more on my family...mainly my little girl. I have reached that stage where my dreams come second to her future.

I will always have luv for hip hop but its no longer my main priority. As for the question...Can you outgrow it?...i think not...not in my heart anyway. What do you all think?

one,

dac
same here Dac...my little girl has just started at UNC-Greensboro so alot of my time is going to be shifted so that I can make sure she has a chance at a decent future...so as of right now hip hop has taken a back seat...I still have and will always love hip hop but right now...its about prioritizing things.

Its all about priorities, you have to look out for your kids no doubt, but if its truly in your blood I dont think you CAN outgrow it.. Im married to it, doesnt matter if I blow, Im doing it period.
At one point in my life I threw absolutely everything away to do it, family , eveything.
I dont want to stop, I take breaks, but I mean I dont think this is a "phase" for me, its been going on since '83 and approaching 40 Im still into making it like I was as a kid.
I feel that too Relic...I will be 40 in April...but I still feel that this is a mans game even though its dominated by kids. I will never outgrow it.

DaWorldFamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i have sacrificed alot to follow this passion that i have...
it might sound selfish, but I have missed out alot on my kids and family because of this dream
my son will be 18 in october, and I haven't been around him much chasing the dream, but he knows what I am tryin to do, he is supportive of it, but still i know i should have done a better job raising him,,,if not for my grandma and family i would have really fucked up somewhere....

I say that to say this...
U have to do what's in your heart first and foremost. If it's all about being a family man, do it if that what makes you feel better about yourself...

U can't outgrow it, if it's in your blood...u will find ways to do it..if it's in your blood FOR REAL..

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I feel like I'm at that turning point in my life where I realized how much music was taking time away from the important things in my life, especially my wife and kids.
If you stop making music, then I guess it is possible to "outgrow" illmuzik, just because you will have nothing to say or do here. After I stopped producing and sold my equipment, that gave me no big reason to really check ill every day. I come on once in awhile to see what everyone is up to but that is about it.
As for outgrowing Hip Hop, that one is a little more difficult to answer, because me personally, I feel like I've grown tired of pretty much every part of it. It's to a point where I can't enjoy it any more for some reason. Maybe I outgrew it, or maybe I just grew up.... but that is just me, I can't speak for anyone else.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I totally understand where you guys are coming from but I think your selling yourself short if you think you cant do both personally. Its not like you have to stop making beats, rapping, being a part of music because you suddenly have family priorities that take precedence.....
You just have to tend to both.
Both being the key word. I think what typically happens to a lot of people is they end up neglecting one or the other rather then budgeting time for both.

All im saying is, it is possible.
It may become more difficult, but its still very possible. You just end up devoting lesser time to your craft in order to love your family and raise your children.
Shit, look at Stress! That dude has kids, a wife, and is still happily married and a active father that takes his kids to the zoo all the while still spitting over raw beats.
The point is, it is possible.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Outgrowing Illmuzik though, I guess if you just blow the hell up and dont have the time to get on any more cuz your out working all the time, then it would be possible..
I would still have to rep ill though , because this spot has helped me from how to mix better to kits to even how to do things on the computer that I had no idea how to do.
I didnt even know what the hell "lol" meant when I first got here.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
With the current "state" of the whole music industry, its very hard for me to juggle between making beats and quality family time. I know for a fact that "serious" go getters cant afford to do both, it takes 100 plus percent to chase the success dream of blowing up in the hip hop game

If you doing this more as a hobby then its not that hard to juggle between the two or even putting your craft on the back burner until you can spend time in the lab. It kinda defines what kind of person you are when you apply yourself to something. Personally I think thats why some just throw in the towel on hip hop.

JMO,

dac

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Whats Up Dac!!!

I personally have never been more active on my projects. I have been absent for a year or so but I still got mad respect to ill and all the heads. For me, it's a matter of questions... I guess ill has either been a resource for questions or a place to come when I was lit. Since I have exercised willpower, I've been makin more vertical moves than horizontal, therefore i've been missing for the most part.

Hiphop, Integrity, Passion, Love, Pain, Pleasure.... everything.... to me it all identifies who I am from the inside out. Some people say, "who's hiphop" blahblah... it don't matter... be who you are regardless of whats on your platter

deepest respect Brother Dacalion,
-Michael

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
CHRONO!!!

Long time my bro, but even so, its great to see youre still dropping in. I hope all is well with you and it sounds like it is.

Yeah Im going through some growing pains. My seed is demanding attention right now thats has kept me on the sideline for a while but its all good...my little girl is doing very well and as long as she does so, I have to give her all my support.

This is a tough issue for me but I have made the decision to be there for her 200% while shes still in that developmental stage.

Anyway, stay up and stop by from time to time.

one luv king...

dac

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
CHRONO!!!

Long time my bro, but even so, its great to see youre still dropping in. I hope all is well with you and it sounds like it is.

Yeah Im going through some growing pains. My seed is demanding attention right now thats has kept me on the sideline for a while but its all good...my little girl is doing very well and as long as she does so, I have to give her all my support.

This is a tough issue for me but I have made the decision to be there for her 200% while shes still in that developmental stage.

Anyway, stay up and stop by from time to time.

one luv king...

dac

precious respect
for those
with infinite depth
composed
with the love to lift
throughout
constant tests
cause it's the LOVE that lifts
above all that stress
no setbacks
to those who commit

deepest respect
to tha
SACRED ONE

eternal complete

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
When I blow up...I will be seen in public wearing a Illmuzik T-shirt...

Mark my fucking words....