Pro Tools Makes me want to shoot myself in the F$%king Head!

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I gave up on Pro Tools. I couldn't stand no delay compensation any longer, there are ways around it but in this day and age a DAW with no delay compensation is like a car without electric windows or a TV with no remote, it should be standard.

I'm using Reaper now, the automation ain't as good but apart from that its solid. The flexibility of track routing is nice and it supports 32bit so I can just track out of FL without having to dither down to 24bit.

The only advantage of PT is its name, artists think it has some kind of magic sound. M-Audio and LE sound the same as any other DAW.

In closing, fuck Pro Tools.

Because I use reason I need a good visual mixing program like PT whenever I track out and go the whole nine.
Sometimes I will just mix in reason, but being able to spectrum analyze the tracks while equing in PT using the Wavearts Trackplug 5 plugin it can help mixing no end.
I havent bothered trying to compose in PT, I dont have any VSTi's installed, but then again, wouldnt they need to be RTAS instruments?
I could always try learning some FL just to use VST's in PT if I cant use vsti's directly from PT.
What I really like about PT is the way you can route busses.
And how you can export all the reason tracks into protools in a not too complicated, user friendly way.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
I havent bothered trying to compose in PT, I dont have any VSTi's installed, but then again, wouldnt they need to be RTAS instruments?
I could always try learning some FL just to use VST's in PT if I cant use vsti's directly from PT.
What I really like about PT is the way you can route busses.
And how you can export all the reason tracks into protools in a not too complicated, user friendly way.

yea thats wut i do make an instrument track stereo then make a stereo audio track then in pro tools in the Mix window u see it says Out 1-2 change it to Bus 1-2 the go to the Audio track where its says In 1-2 change it to Bus 1-2 record n u good to go

o when u make that instrument track in Pro tools make sure at the top Insert>multichannel plugin> Instrument>Reason and Reason will come up via Rewire

elementsrtyte

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea man, that manual is way toooooo longgg for me. but come on seriously like it took me a minute to figure out where the hell the metronome was. like seriously what kind of daw would want you to add a track for the metronome alone? does anyone think that's convenient? but yeaa its hella dope for mixing everything up, but as for midi sequencer I think its too much. why ruin the workflow if its good as it is. right?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
damn kickin ol threads, we gone consoless inline setup already with vca automation lol

How does logic sound to you nowadays hehehe

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@Formant024 Well I have been a logic fan for years, and honestly I am a software fan. There are cool things about every DAW out there.

@UNORTHODOX I need to automate a VCA on a plugin synth, and it maps to my midi controller fine, then I want to control it in real time and record the automation, but it wont record properly. So I have to draw it in the a mouse. And that fines, but boooooring!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Then go back to your beloved Reason. =x

members online