Producers, let's do an ep?

itzSAYKRIDD

Beatmaker
As you may know I don't make beats.. Who is down to make an ep?

If more than one producer want to get involved, we can make an illmuzik ep, I'll record on the beats and we'll split the royalties, maybe even a percentage towards the website

If your down, hit me up!!

Www.youtube.com/itzsaykridd

itzSAYKRIDD

Beatmaker
2Good I'm feeling some of them beats on your YouTube

Glassy, I love your sound, very different, would love to work

Yeetey, yeah send some beats!

Yeetey42

Battle Points: 1
2Good I'm feeling some of them beats on your YouTube

Glassy, I love your sound, very different, would love to work

Yeetey, yeah send some beats!
Here's my YouTube,
Just made it like 4 days ago which is why I don't have that many beats on there

itzSAYKRIDD

Beatmaker
Feeling them beats too man, pretty nice!!

Dope producers here, we can make something real nice

GlassyMusic

yeah... lets make something dope together.

It would be ideal to come up with a concept for the EP, and then we can dig through our catalogs and bring tracks forward and the group can yay or nay the tracks and or use them for a base to collab and make the beats and track better and sequences them so one follows nicely after the other.... something like that?

or we can make new material as collabs specifically for the ep.

either way coming up with a strong concept first will help as an early step.

Yeetey42

yeah... lets make something dope together.

It would be ideal to come up with a concept for the EP, and then we can dig through our catalogs and bring tracks forward and the group can yay or nay the tracks and or use them for a base to collab and make the beats and track better and sequences them so one follows nicely after the other.... something like that?

or we can make new material as collabs specifically for the ep.

either way coming up with a strong concept first will help as an early step.
First of all,
we need a better place to communicate. how does an instagram group chat sound

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
It's cool if you guys want to collab, I encourage it. However, how do you plan on profiting from it? From streaming? If it's just for fun then I don't mind but to use the IllMuzik name with profits involved, no.

This is why every once in a while I put together an official album/mixtape/etc of various members on here and we release it for fun and to get everyone some experience and exposure.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
There @Fade should be nothing wrong w/artists from Illmuzik making proper money as honestly I want everyone here to make it in various ways personal to each member.

GlassyMusic

Lets make some great music together and have that drive the thing forward and we can have a discussion about releasing/publishing and associations once there is actually something to release? I'm sure we can find a way forward where all are satisfied.

what are your instagrams? we can communicate there to coordinate next steps and see what might grow from this ep idea. anyone have any thoughts on a concept for this?

instagram @glassyeyesmusic

Yeetey42

I was thinking we could make an EP with songs that cover all the genres since we have a lot of producers here who specialize in their own genres.

my ig is @mahadadad

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
There @Fade should be nothing wrong w/artists from Illmuzik making proper money as honestly I want everyone here to make it in various ways personal to each member.
I said we could donate a percentage towards the website ‍♂
Yes, but I'd rather it be an official release is all I'm saying. So if you want to do an EP that's up to you but I'd rather you not use the IllMuzik name.

Last edited:
Yes, but I'd rather it be an official release is all I'm saying.
I have to agree with Fade here, Illmuzik is his brand. A brand he built and has kept going for around 20 years.
Its all well and good giving Fade a cut from the profits, that would be expected, but ultimate creative control of what is released under the banner of "Illmuzik" ultimately must be Fade's.
If it didnt use illmuzik branding then things would be different, I think a cut going to Fade would still be a right thing to do given the circumstances of various Illmuzik members making it possible, but ultimate creative control wouldnt be Fades as his brand isnt being put on the line..
I think such a project would be less of an EP and more an LP given the number of producers here who would be interested in getting involved with such a thing.

Also we have the issue of releasing music you dont have the sample clearance for. This could affect a lot of the sample based producers here.

I think it would be wise to consider if this is for profit or for promotion.
If its for promotion then a lot of sampled material could be used that wouldnt be able to be used for profit.
It could use the illmuzik branding and be an official illmuzik product, although free.
Fade would still have to have ultimate creative control if it uses the branding.

Instead of doing an LP, could also consider doing a series of EP's, of collaborations between maybe one producer and one emcee or one producer and a few emcees.

With the number of producers here, you could end up with four or five EP's. Could be done for profit. doesnt necessarily need the illmuzik branding, but for sampling producers who cannot profit from uncleared samples, I think a series of EP's not for profit would be a good idea and could be an official illmuzik series of EP's.

Im just throwing out some ideas, take them or leave them.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@2GooD Productions Exactly. It's just I've always done the albums as promotional only because once money is involved it becomes complicated.

I think it's great if ILL members want to do an album, it's just it doesn't have to have the ILL name on it unless it's a promo, like you mentioned which I should have control over.

It's like me and my friends selling burgers on the corner and slapping the McDonald's logo on my banner and then telling McD's that I'll throw them a bone maybe. LOL I know it's not a great analogy but you get the idea.

Besides though, what's the plan for getting it together? Streaming only?